Suikoden United and Illusional Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you hate Snowe? <possible spoilers>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you hate that wimp?
Yes, I hate him with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns.
40%
 40%  [ 58 ]
No, hes ok.
59%
 59%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 144

retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought he was alright, and he helped me whoop some serious ass in tactics, so i can't stay mad at him :)

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His and Lazlo's combo attack was pretty awesome and you can never stay to mad at Snowe right? :)
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, I hated him for the most part of the game especially when Glen died and blamed Lazlo for his death and when the pirates attack his ship, him being the captain escaped alone. Good thing Glen punched or slapped him for that and I though what a whiny fellow he was but as I go further, I find him understandable. He was jealous of Lazlo since he was only a commoner and Snowe was a noble but still Lazlo gets accepted and recognized mostly by the people around them, he really wanted to receieved that kind recognition so he overwork himself not knowing it will not do good, thinking its the best. At the end, he realized his mistakes and accepted it which I find forgivable. Snowe was the most human among the game characters which makes him memorable.

IN AMERICA!
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hated him at first, but in the end, I realized that he's just more flawed than stereotypical people in RPGs. All those things can never be justified, but that he was wiling to admit to them and ask for forgiveness is a measure of his strentgth at the ending of the game.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do hate snowe with the passions of a thousand suns!! I actually just started playing suikoden IV again and forgot how much I despise him. I mean in the battle with Brandeu he freaking abandons you and leaves you to your death. He makes all these stupid mistakes that anyone should know they did something that would unnoble and cowardly or stupid and he doesnt think so and hates you(the main charachter) for getting all the praise for your good work.

Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
I do hate snowe with the passions of a thousand suns!! I actually just started playing suikoden IV again and forgot how much I despise him. I mean in the battle with Brandeu he freaking abandons you and leaves you to your death. He makes all these stupid mistakes that anyone should know they did something that would unnoble and cowardly or stupid and he doesnt think so and hates you(the main charachter) for getting all the praise for your good work.

Snowe is far more intricate character than that, infact he reminds me a bit of jowy, he has alot more to him than just being a coward, although I will say that is part of his overall persona, he is really alot less than jowy was, but the whole traitor best friend is what the creators were trying to make out of him, and if Suikoden IV would show a little more character developement then I think we'd have seen a different side of snowe.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont know maybe that just didnt go over as well because Snowe is a bigger and whinier cry baby than Jowy ever was. Plus Jowy was not afraid of battle and to show he had balls. Where is Snowe was constantly determined to prove himself but when it came time to rip his shit out he couldnt.

Also I didnt like the main charachter as much. The silent hero is alright and a essential part of the suikoden series BUT at least show some goddamn facial expressions. its like he was an emotionless robot

luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Snowe Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hated Snowe in the early parts of the game. I know that he was just jealous and pressured of the expectations of the people, being the son of the chief of Razril, but he just cannot betray a friend because of those reasons. He cannot justify himself because what he did to Lazlo was to leave him for dead. However, I felt compassion when Snowe was near his death. And he was a very good addition in the team.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just started up 4 again and damn in the begining he whines to much. he tries to do the right things but ends up doing them bad. but still i can't hate him.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I started another round of Suikoden IV as well a few days ago! I have to say I don't hate him, but I really, really dislike this whole exile stuff, because it just seemed to happen to progress the story further...
It made no sense. Snowe never saw that Lazlo attacked Glen. Wouldn't it be more logical to think at first, that both of them were attacked by the enemy who was still battling with them in some sense? I mean, the enemy attacked the nasel-bird, wouldn't it be a thought that I managed to kill or just attack people who are standing on the roof? Nobody talked to Lazlo and only the word of a whining brat was enough to send him into exile.
That was so stupid...

The Fool
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can`t say I really hate him seeing as he`s obviously not a truly evil person. Let`s just say I despise him. :x I didn`t kill him for the sake of him having been my friend and all but boy is he a miserable heap of hopelessness!!

I guess he could`ve been a nice person under different circumstances. His father having such high expectations and pushing him into positions he`s not fit for is responsible for the way Snowe turned out, I guess. It made him the victim of his own insecurity, cowardice and utter, UTTER incompetence!

All in all he makes one of the most interesting characters in the series. I have felt sympathy, pity and complete contempt for him.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Splendid Monkey wrote:
All in all he makes one of the most interesting characters in the series. I have felt sympathy, pity and complete contempt for him.

Darn right. Snowe makes you feel despise for him at first, but later on you cant avoid the feel to redeem him (and make him become a true man, not a scared child anymore)
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fu Su Lu wrote:
Splendid Monkey wrote:

but later on you cant avoid the feel to redeem him (and make him become a true man, not a scared child anymore)

plus he doesn't have his whiny voice as he did in the begining which i hate.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
sori

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dont hate him
He's a kind boy .
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't really like him. I thought he was a real wuss all through-out the game. He let envy get the best of him and he couldn't even live up to his crimes most of the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: