Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you hate Snowe? <possible spoilers>
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you hate that wimp?
Yes, I hate him with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns.
40%
 40%  [ 58 ]
No, hes ok.
59%
 59%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 144

Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Do you hate Snowe? <possible spoilers> Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got the English version 2 days ago I just got to chapter 2, and I had to ask if anyone hated Snowe I hate Snowe with every fiber of my soul, konami has finally made a character I hate more than kenji. So do you hate him?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Absolutely not. He's one of my favorite characters in all the Suikodens, because he's the most human of them all. I don't -respect- him at all, but I like him as a character. I may possibly have been one of the first to defend him on this forum, though I honestly can't remember :)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Snowe is a pitiful worm of a man who's good aspects of his personality are quickly swamped by his fears and greed.

I think he's brilliant and one of Konami's better character attempts in the series.

From a personal aspect, sometimes I wish he wasn't a Star of Destiny so I could execute him freely but I wouldn't erase him from the game for anything.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Snowe is a pitiful worm of a man who's good aspects of his personality are quickly swamped by his fears and greed.

I think he's brilliant and one of Konami's better character attempts in the series.

From a personal aspect, sometimes I wish he wasn't a Star of Destiny so I could execute him freely but I wouldn't erase him from the game for anything.

I fully plan to save my game on the next playthrough, enjoy executing him, then reloading the previous save and letting him live. It'll be too much fun to pass up, really; I like him as a character, as I said, but killing him -does- sound like fun if it isn't permanent ;) I just need to wanna play the game again. GS3 again, first.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I for one don't hate him. I had the feeling he was going to act the way he did from the beginning of the game so i wasn't surprised. He displays some typical character flaws that many people can relate to I think. Snowe was a victim of his own upbringing in my opinion. He was raised to be the best and when those dreams of success and respect were being superseded by the hero's actions, snowe lost it. He became blinded by jealousy and took the easy road which he probably believed was right and just.

His situation is one of those that can be perceived through two different perspectives. I am trying to avoid spoilers so i am purposely being vague. When you look at snowe through his perspective one can rationalize why he did what he did. He jumped to an assumption about an authority figure's death that seemed logical considering the circumstances. Don't forget snowe's father who i am sure had a lot to do with the events that directly followed the event in question.

However, we are supposed to dislike snowe, at least in the beginning. He is the natural villain early on in the game. As the game unfolds, although there is never a situation to relieve him from scrutiny, we have the choice of whether or not to forgive him. Just as long as you don't care about what ending you receive.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i really disliked him i can't really say i hate him only because if he were my best frined i woulden't even consider killing him. i'd lock him up or make him the cabin boy or something he'd never be able to gain rank in any military again. troy really should have been in his slot instead i think. at the very least i think that a swing should have been thrown in his direction by someone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kakeru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Snowe is ok if you ask me... he was little annoying but that's all. He has his weak points... heck... everyone of us do, he just have a little more and his weaknesses are easily found. He know what he did and I think that his apology was honest... and the fact that he see his weak points gives him a large plus because most of people don't see them
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like him. I think he was just weak in personality. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone. In fact, he wanted to better the world. He was just a bit of a coward.

I forgave him though. He is the main character's best friend after all.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers Here!
-
-
-
-
How could you like Snowe he betrays you, and when Glen died he didnt even ask questions he just told that stoopd tattletale.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do you know? You didn't actually see him tell anyone, did you?

Think about it, Croix. The Tenkai is accused and convicted of the murder of the Commander of the Gaien Knights in Razril. That's a pretty hefty crime. And he's let off without a real punishment! He's set free! Now, think about who was there for that mock trial. Katarina. Well, she's Glen's daughter and is convinced that the Tenkai is guilty. Do you think she pushed for leniency? No. Likely not. Lord Vingehurt. Well, he's basically the one pushing for his punishment. I forget the exact words, but you can tell he doesn't even care for finding out the truth. Surely he would not be lenient. And then there's Snowe. The boy who grew up with the Tenkai, and who, while extremely jealous of his friend, can't suddenly forget the last decade and more. So why does the Tenkai live? Who saves his life? Snowe. Think about that before you condemn him.

EDIT: Gurk! Site's really slow today; it took three attempts to post this, only to find that each time worked and just didn't display. Had to delete two copies >.<
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to quote a great, great man on this matter...

Me! From Suikosource.

Ahem...

Remember, this is basically what everyone saw.

Snowe: Saw the Tenkai's hand glow, Glen warns Snowe, Glen dies, turns to ash.

Tenkai: His hand glowed, Glen warns Snowe, Glen dies, turns to ash.

While the Tenkai knew he didn't MURDER Glen Cott, he couldn't say with 100% certainty that he wasn't responsible for his death in some way. Snowe didn't know about the curse of the Rune of Punishment. The Tenkai didn't, hey, he only realised he had it when he woke up AFTER the sentence was passed.

The reason why the Tenkai was exiled was because Glen Cott died in suspicious circumstances but without the evidence to warrant an execution. And considering that Glen was the father of Katarina and she never got to tell him, it's not surprising that she'd be angry, not just at the Tenkai but at everyone.

Meanwhile Lord Vingerhut just believed what his son said word-for-word along with a skewed memory of the past. Like a lot of parents would have for their son or daughter.

Glen saw potential in the Tenkai, that's why he was treated well, but not that much better than he might have treated others. This preferential treatment consisted of saying that he didn't want the Tenkai to be delivering his meals to his bed, and letting him hear one conversation.

And, um, that's the end of my quote there.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Lerayl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Snowe's character development was my main point of interest throughout the game, even when I wasn't sure what to make of him, and by the end he had become unquestionably my favorite character. So, er, no. I really can't say that I hated him. ;)
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh Snowe my most least favorite chacater in any Suikoden game and heres why:

1. He lied about his arm being hurt so he could get out of captain duty.

2. He fled from his own ship just for his own purposes and got punched by Glen YEA go Glen!

3. He changed sides and pretty much gave Razril to Kooluk.

4. Became a pirate just so he could kill Hero 4 is what i think.

5. And last he had to beg to live at the end if you get him it was so awesome to see him do that it made me so excited.

So as you can see i dont really like Snowe and so i voted that i dont like him with the intensity of 1000 suns.

On a side not ive heard the intensity of 1000 suns somewhere before, but i dont remember where. Does anyone here know?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I hate him. If a 'friend' made me get caught up like that I would beat his a**. He blamed you for the murder of Glen when he had no SOLID evidence. Snowe didn't even think twice before blaming you and his is your 'friend' too. He's also very cowardly and naive. Both of those things probably wouldn't have happened if he was raised better. Snowe probably had one of the girliest hair styles I've ever seen for a video game character. Something I did like about him though was that he was very realistic. In the real world there aren't many people that will stick with you through hard times but there is a lot of people that will backstab you. Atleast he learned his lesson in the end of the game.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not think it is quite fair to say he told out Razril to Kooluk without taking into consideration the factors there. Kooluk had a very real fleet that posed a very real danger, and Gaien has proven itself to be so weak that they will give up territory to Kooluk just to keep the peace. So Snowe could watch the people he is honorbound to protect be killed in senseless battle, or he could sue for peace the best way he knew how. Yeah, he sold out. But come on, give credit where credit's due: he didn't sell out for personal reasons, he sold out for the protection of his people. Once you realize that, you realize that is his true turning point, the first true act of nobility in him, not another mark against him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: