Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dying in Suikoden II without a prior save

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Dying in Suikoden II without a prior save Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The name requires little explanation. I decided to play through Suikoden II for the sixth or seventh or somethingeth time today and realized that you can't save PSX games on a PS2 memory card. So, my question is simple. What will happen if I die? Normally you go back to your prior save with all of your levels and stats growth intact (making way for a very nice max stats trick), but if you have no prior save does it just end, or do you start at the very initial intro scene at an obscene level? I'd very much like to know. I can't just find out for myself because, well I'm too far to have it turn out the former and have to start from scratch. Do any of you know off hand? If this thread already exists feel free to delete it. I didn't find anything of the sort on a quick scan, but I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't look in great detail.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you do not have a save you will have to start from scratch, if there is no save to load it is game over and off you start from the beginning again.

Have you got a PSone Memory Card??
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My PS1 memory card is in Pennsylvania. I am in Texas. :\

I was hoping it would start at the beginning but leave me on the level I died at, like it would were I to save at any point. Oh well...

Some day I'm going to save at the first field, play all the way to the end, die in the final battle, and start over again with all my characters pushing level 99 from the get-go. :D
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that if you did not have a single save at all, you will just be brought back to the opening scene at Tenzan Pass and all that, with levels and stats intact and all that. Oh phooey...
Vai

Wasteland Warriors

0 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that a screen would pop up Riou would be on his knees and youd have a choice something like GIVE UP.., or I NEVER GIVE UP!!

Is this right??
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

..I thought that too actually, but apparently not. It's interesting if you could start the game again at level 99 though.. although I don't think it'll really make a big difference :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: