Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 2 hidden scene
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 2 hidden scene Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was browsing around Youtube for Suikoden II videos when I came across a clip with Flik and Nina having a discussion. The video can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6UwpPCuUiI

Now I've never in all my times through the game come across this video before. Apparently it's activated by having a certain amount of characters before some major battle, but I've no idea what or where that is. Has anyone seen this scene while playing the game, and does anyone know how to activate it?

~Uguu!~
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that's been faked. The animation is far too smooth.

It is funny though.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought of the possibility of it being a fake as well. I do give it credit for being a well done fake if it is one. Just figured I'd see if anyone had gotten it before I decided it was a fake or not.

~Uguu!~
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i remember the first half of the clip but the second i have never seen before.

To activate it all you have to do is go to the top of the tower the night before one of the to big battles, so either the Luca one or the final one in Highland.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, this is real, I've accessed this before but I can't quite remember when it takes place. Most likely the night before the retaking of Matilda. A certain order to going around the castle, makes the guard that impedes progress to the roof take a nap until you access this scene.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember seeing a rooftop scene with Flik and Nina, but for the life of me, I don't remember what was said. I think they occur the two times you can wander about the castle before a big battle?

I'm pretty sure they're triggered just by going around, like the Yoshino and Freed Y one in the hotel (though I think that is always accessable).

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also remember a scene between Flick and Nina on a rooftop. But, I dont remember the specifics. I'm at work right now and Youtube isn't accesable, what exactly is the scene? and what makes you think that it's a fake?

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I remember seeing a rooftop scene with Flik and Nina, but for the life of me, I don't remember what was said. I think they occur the two times you can wander about the castle before a big battle?

I'm pretty sure they're triggered just by going around, like the Yoshino and Freed Y one in the hotel (though I think that is always accessable).

The uploader on YouTube says that you also need to have a lot of characters recruited, I'm thinking maybe the maximum amount available by each time?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are I believe a total of three times scenes like that can be seen throughout the game once Nina is recruited. Your castle needs to be at I believe Level 2, so it means you need at least 35 or so characters recruited, so that you actually have a roof.

Everytime you have the ability to walk around at night before the battles, there is the potential for a scene. I think it's the night before the battle with Luca, the night Lucia tries to kill you, and the night before Matilda where Shu and Apple have the discussion. And yeah, like John said you have to go around and see the different scenes with the other members first. So if you don't have those members, then you won't be able to get it I assume.

There's one with Gengen and Gobacha, another with Eilie, Rina and Bolgan, Freed and Yoshina, Shu and Apple, Shu and Kiba(though this one might be automatic), Kiba and Klaus, and one with the Riou and Leona.

They Flik and Nina ones aren't too important either. I the first is Nina trying to get Flik's attention as usual and he walks off, the second one is Nina talking about Odessa and Flik getting pissed and storming off, and the third is Nina apologizing and them just staring up at the moon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, no, they're not earth shatteringly important, but I had just not seen those scenes like ever, and I typically have everyone recruited as soon as I can get them, so hence why I was surprised to see this. Plus, as John said, usually there was a guard in the way and I guess I just never noticed when he moved so you could get up on the roof. Those other scenes you mentioned I've seen before.

~Uguu!~
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't view You Tube stuff with my connection, so I'm not sure which one it was, but I'm assuming it's them staring up at the moon? If not then I might have seen it either.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
I can't view You Tube stuff with my connection, so I'm not sure which one it was, but I'm assuming it's them staring up at the moon? If not then I might have seen it either.

They are on top of North Window Castle at night, not sure where staring up at the moon is mentioned but I think you mean the same thing.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never saw that scene before, but I liked it. That's probably the only time that the changes between Suikoden I and Suikoden II Flik are brought up, which is something that, before seeing this scene today, I thought should have been in the game. It turns out it was there after all! :D

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw this on my most recent playthrough of Suikoden 2, I was awefully suprised that I missed it before having played through the game like at least 20 times. I found it kind of interesting.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting...I've triggered the first scene before (the first 1:18 of it) and the dialogue /script of the end of the second part sounds very familiar...but I don't recall Nina finding out about Odessa o,o

Then again it was a long while ago since last I played it all the way through

The more I ponder on it though the more I think I did see something like that...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: