Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favourite "5" characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who are your favourite "5" characters?
Blacksmiths (Suikoden I)
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Squirrels (Suikoden II)
21%
 21%  [ 15 ]
Dogs (Suikoden III)
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Mermaids (Suikoden IV)
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
Beavers (Suikoden V)
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
DoReMi Elves (Suikoden V)
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 69

HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know!! That's what I thought too when I first saw them. They're easily the most interesting mermaid designs I've ever seen. :)

Can I just say that I love being reffered to as "The Hiccup"? XD

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Creepr

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went for the mermaids because they were kind of wierd, funny and childish in the way they talked. Because of this, they are the ones that got stuck in my head.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that they don't come in fives, but I strongly think that those faceless, nameless mercenaries from Rhapsodia should count as one of these "colour-swapped" groupies.

Blacksmiths (Suikoden I)
The precursor to the Hammer system introduced in Suikoden II onwards. I thought giant hammers made pretty impressive weapons, and I'd say these guys have the best names among all the quintets. Too bad Mace is handicapped, but who use him for battles anyway.

Squirrels (Suikoden II)
The royal pain of re-recruiting these non-stars in every playthrough removes all potential from being cute. Total waste of time and effort. Mukumuku's alternate recruitment earlier on almost saved this group. Almost. Next.

Dogs (Suikoden III)
Koroku's POV was an interesting twist. "Connie" stood out as an even more interesting choice for the transliteration, and where is number 4 in the team?

Mermaids (Suikoden IV)
Individually they are barely useful, and most of them cannot even use proper humanspeak. What an underdeveloped bunch of buffers on the "Wooden" Tablet of Promise. And, yet, the design to be unique and as the only representatives for an entire race, one would think that they deserve an introduction as a proper community soon (similar to how the Dwarves were treated, albeit not as late). In fact, perhaps they should have at least one mermaid playing an important role in Rhapsodia to make up for the lackluster debut.

Beavers (Suikoden V)
Nuoh-some electric guitars aside, I honestly do not think too much of these guys. It was a good idea to assign them specific jobs in the HQ, with a few of them being directly involved with the main plot. But, two quintets in one game? Blasphemous.

DoReMi Elves (Suikoden V)
Looks like they improved upon those Squirrels, particularly the improved chance of running into these guys in random encounters. Cornelio annoys me endlessly, nevertheless.

tl;dr? I will vote for the Mermaids.
WalkerOfDawn

Howling wind

2544 Potch
16 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go the squirrels they were the best I havn't played 4 but nothing will ever beat their cool empty eyes and awsome capes. plus I'm sure it's impossible to beat Rowd without Mukumuku. They don't take up your stars and you always see them flying round your castle (not to mention the cool dances you can make them do from the statue balcony) the only problem is they are a nightmare to get very frustrating infact i don't think i ever got the last one.
Vai

Wasteland Warriors

0 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose the squirrels from Suikoden 2 because of their cool names and the fact that they werent annoying like the beavers..and because they could 'fly' and had a cool attack when they bounce of trees...awesome
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It wasn't an easy choice, since I'm not particular about any of the Fives, but I went with the DoReMis, due to their musical nature. Giving them the lead, it would seem!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for the dogs of Suikoden 3. Sure they weren't useful in battle ((at least for that they only took up one star, unlike the mermaids)), but they're just too cute! Who doesn't love running around as Koroku, and Kogoro's even speculated to be... Pesmerga? ((Where did THAT come from?)) Their co-op attack is pretty interesting too. They've got absolutely nothing to do with the story, and are just a little something fun on the side to keep gamers happy and amused.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for the Do Re Mi elves. I found them particularly useful very early on in the recruiting stages of Suikoden V. I left them in the back row of my formation for a few rounds (along with Cornelio) untill they all leveled up a bit. Before I knew it, these little guys (just ReMiFa and FaSoLa at the time) were over 100 in both physical and magic defense! They then became a very nice defensive wall to anchor the front of my formation.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really?! I hadn't noticed they had high defense! I'll have to check that when I get back to my current playthrough! Don't they have very low HP, though?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for the blacksmiths though it is a close one for me between them and the beavers, in fact i probably used single beavers more than single blacksmiths. I just chose blacksmiths as they are so useful as castle recruits, the beavers are actual story characters but where would we be without the blacksmiths.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sougen Shio

The Swallow Brigade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think is unfair to have the Blacksmiths here because they were essential in the game and their paper was reduced for just one character after Suikoden II.

I'm going with the Beavers, aside the fact they're actually fill the purpose of beign cute, they're there not to just fill the ranks as useless SoD, they have relevance for the plot and were actually useful as battle characters and bring aditions to the castle (like the bath).
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I go with the Blacksmiths. EVeryone of them were pretty individualistic in artworks and one of them was essential to the main plot. All of them had a nice unite attack also.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The fact that beavers were ahead of Blacksmiths, is morally abhorrent.

155169 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to go with the beavers on this one. Only one of them - Meroon - is exceptionally annoying, I think, and that's really only in cutscenes (when she goes "NUOOOH!" a lot). The rest of them are okay. As has been said before, their usefulness in naval battles cannot be denied. IIRC, they also have "recover" powers in battles, and Fuwalafuwalu also gets a Flowing Rune skill, so for me they almost always lasted longer than the Dragon Cavalry (who can't use their Charge skill in the water, much to my chagrin). Also, I thought their message box exchange with Haswar was hilarious.

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Really?! I hadn't noticed they had high defense! I'll have to check that when I get back to my current playthrough! Don't they have very low HP, though?

Their HP isn't great (or attack for that matter), but the fact that they face rather pedestrian monsters early on... well, let's just say that their HP doesn't suffer very much. In fact, when I rescued Lucretia from Agate Prison, ReMiFa and FaSoLa were at the front of my formation. Didn't have any problems at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: