Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

whats new game +

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: whats new game + Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

once you beat the game i've heared people talk about you getting a New game + what happes when you get it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: whats new game + Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patriarch wrote:
once you beat the game i've heared people talk about you getting a New game + what happes when you get it.

You carry over your potch from your old game as well as any unequipped runes (save for the Champions Rune) as well as unequipped armor (save for quite a few of the rarer sets). Other bonuses include the ability to skip cut-scenes throughout the game, the 'world' map is completely revealed from the start and however is placed first in your party formation is the character that appears on-screen instead of your hero.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i was really hoping more would carry over than that like escaping the need to find everyone again and levels an such.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the general feeling about levels is that they reduce the game to a bit of a farce if they're carried over.

And I suppose, carrying over characters recruited would be too complicated and not worth the effort, well, in KCET's eyes at least.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would you even bother playing again if your recruits carried over?
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Why would you even bother playing again if your recruits carried over?
getting people to 99 finishing loose ends all around becomeing better. whichout all the waisted time of finding everyone.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish it was possible to do what you could in Chrono Cross. You could get a new game+ in that game too. When you reached a certain point in your new game+, you could use a special item you got for the new game+ and get all the characters you recruited in your previous quest.

Chrono Cross also had the fast foreward item in the new game+ that allowed you to go really fast through levels. You could also use the slow motion function which helped out in mini games.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
I wish it was possible to do what you could in Chrono Cross. You could get a new game+ in that game too. When you reached a certain point in your new game+, you could use a special item you got for the new game+ and get all the characters you recruited in your previous quest.

Chrono Cross also had the fast foreward item in the new game+ that allowed you to go really fast through levels. You could also use the slow motion function which helped out in mini games.
that would be good Chrono Cross was a good game but i didn't have the attention span to beat it unlike suikoden Chrono Cross doesen't really have the ability to really keep your attention for long.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:x Chrono Cross was a good game. I will admit that I like the Suikoden series better than the Chrono series, but Chrono Cross deserves more credit than you give it.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
:x Chrono Cross was a good game. I will admit that I like the Suikoden series better than the Chrono series, but Chrono Cross deserves more credit than you give it.
i never said it was a bad game but i did not like the leveling system and it really didn't hold my attention for a long period of time i got to the battle where you verse Squall's father's friend and it just got kind of boring.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean Serge's father's friend. His name is Miguel. He is one tough enemy. I had to try many times to beat him.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
You mean Serge's father's friend. His name is Miguel. He is one tough enemy. I had to try many times to beat him.
after i really don't know how to level in that gain other than getting stars and the occational stat boost from random enemies i never had a chance agaist that guy after that i got a new game an trailed off.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mostly level up from bosses. That is the easiest way.

Anyway, this subject is now off topic and we'll get in trouble for spamming if we continue this dicussion here. If you wish to continue talking with me, send me a Private Message. :D
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to play Chrono Cross again, but I'm pretty sure Miguel is Leena's father, not Serge's. I remember fighting him and getting my butt seriously kicked (the whole "I turn your element into dark, lower your magic defense, up my magic attack, then use my super handy sword of pure holy element on your sorry butt" attack).

And as for a question that's on topic, when you use items like Stone of Strength on a character, say Lazlo, do those stat increases carry over to the new game +?
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Miguel would be Leena's father and not Serge's. Although I thought it was weird that he didn't mention this fact that much. He probably thought it was unnecessary or whatever. And as far as I can remember, with Chrono Trigger, the Chrono series are the games that made the "New Game +" famous. I don't know if another game had it previously, but I saw it for the first time in Chrono Trigger. I'm surprised that many RPG's don't have it. It's a popular feature among fans.

And as for stone effects on your stats, this sadly doesn't carry over. This makes sense, since that would really buff up your character considerably. So save those stones for your final playthrough. But you can get them off enemies as rare drops, so it's not too bad.

The same thing goes for rune pieces and weapon levels. Once runes are attached, they're gone in the New Game +. It's best to save them unless you know you won't be playing Suikoden 4 anymore.

Basically, anything that makes the game too easy is left out of the new game +. This includes hammers. The only reason why unattached runes are o.k. is because the magic stat of a character is extremely limited in the onset of the game. So even with a higher rune, it can't make much of a difference early on. Even the fury rune is limited because of your low attack and weapon level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: