Suikoden Urgent and Informational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The most powerful being in the world!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
I don't know about you, but Gadget Z can link up with a freaking Satellite. That's power to me. And the knock a screw loose argument is total bunk. Gadget can go against the Beast Rune Incarnate or True Wind Rune Incarnate and survive. The gadget series robots were made for battle to keep Meg, and then Belle safe while on their journey!

yes, and in Xenogears bart could summon the Yggdrasil to raindown shells from ANYWHERE (inside a building, a cave, underwater, 'etc..). And in FFVII Barrett also has a linkup with a satellite, but we don't ask "how did barrett get/afford a satalite..". Odds are it's just a neat attack that's not ment to draw all sorts of speculation.

I'm now convinced that Gadget is just a guy in a barrell who suffers from Aqua-phobia.

I hate you Onimaru.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The Power Ranger-esque attack does not require for Gadget Z to have a GPS tracking system! He's a robot. Meaning he has perfect memory. He does not need to see or find his target. He still remembers where they were before he launched into space, so he just shoots there. No GPS required!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:

yes, and in Xenogears bart could summon the Yggdrasil to raindown shells from ANYWHERE (inside a building, a cave, underwater, 'etc..). And in FFVII Barrett also has a linkup with a satellite, but we don't ask "how did barrett get/afford a satalite..". Odds are it's just a neat attack that's not ment to draw all sorts of speculation.

Those games are however slightly different in comparison with Suikoden. Things like that ARE explained for the most part. I mean it's not explained how Cloud can perform something like the Omnislash, however it is Explained why Valeria is able to perform her Falcon Rune attack, because she trained under the swordmaster Roundier Haia. Heck, we even know why there's monsters running around the world for the most part.

My point was however, that Aurelian saying Gadget is weak because it was missing a single screw is a bunk argument. In fact it lends more credibilty that Gadget is over powerful because during all of Suikoden II He was technically Broken, and still made a decent member of the army! They didn't actually fix him until the end, where he transforms out of his traveling barrel form(Who would suspect a barrel right?) Into his true battle form. a 9 foot giant ass robot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
My point was however, that Aurelian saying Gadget is weak because it was missing a single screw is a bunk argument. In fact it lends more credibilty that Gadget is over powerful because during all of Suikoden II He was technically Broken, and still made a decent member of the army! They didn't actually fix him until the end, where he transforms out of his traveling barrel form(Who would suspect a barrel right?) Into his true battle form. a 9 foot giant ass robot.

Wow, that's laughable to the max. Losing a screw meant that Gadget Z couldn't do anything. What part do you not understand about that? When the original Gadget got wet, it went to error mode. What part do you not understand about that?

Milan Fiori wrote:
Gadget can go against the Beast Rune Incarnate or True Wind Rune Incarnate and survive.

So can a friggin squirrel, a baby kraken, a Tuta, a dog, a girl who thinks that her puppet is alive, and a duck wearing glasses. Your point is ... ?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan, what you are missing is that Aurelien means, all you have to do is remove one screw and Gadget becomes useless (exactly what happened to him in the beginning of III), not that he was missing one while in combat. Meaning, if you were attacked by Gadget, remove a single screw and you win.

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Milan, what you are missing is that Aurelien means, all you have to do is remove one screw and Gadget becomes useless (exactly what happened to him in the beginning of III), not that he was missing one while in combat. Meaning, if you were attacked by Gadget, remove a single screw and you win.

I'm glad that someone actually understands my point. ^^

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you guys know that Amada is actually a powerful being? He opens the sluice gate! Only Futch is supposed to do that. :*laugh*:

But yeah, one screw = Gadget loses.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
TruePerception wrote:

I'm glad that someone actually understands my point. ^^

In my opinion attempting to remove a screw (especially without a screwdriver :P) while Gadget is attacking you is going to be quite a feat to achieve. :P
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably not if you stun it with some water first!
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to mention if you strike him with an axe, you can bend the metal in the area you strike, which would automatically loosen any surrounding screw! Couple that with the fact that, even though he is powerful, he is quite slow, and you have a flawed demolition machine!

Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Not to mention if you strike him with an axe, you can bend the metal in the area you strike, which would automatically loosen any surrounding screw! Couple that with the fact that, even though he is powerful, he is quite slow, and you have a flawed demolition machine!

If you strike ANYTHING with an axe you're pretty much free to do as you like.

- Also, while removing a screw is an 'easy enough' way to defeat him, it's equally as easy to remove an eyeball or head or subsequent limb from anyone else to the same effect. It's probably easier ripping off an arm than ripping out a properly tightened screw.

I hate you Onimaru.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if he lost a screw crossing a plain, I don't think his screws were properly tightened. Remember, this is a mostly non-technological society, so they don't have electric drills!

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
So can a friggin squirrel, a baby kraken, a Tuta, a dog, a girl who thinks that her puppet is alive, and a duck wearing glasses. Your point is ... ?

LOL @ "a Tuta".

Come on, give Juppo some credit. Unlike Belle or Meg (though I think Meg's skills as a trickster has quite developed), he will probably be able to make a flawless Gadget that will not have a loose, or an untightly secured screw. And what if he figured out a way to waterproof it, and develop it so that it can wear armor and all that stuffs? The possibilities of making a perfect robot are endless, and it's not far-fetched to think that Juppo will be able to do it too.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Come on, give Juppo some credit. Unlike Belle or Meg (though I think Meg's skills as a trickster has quite developed), he will probably be able to make a flawless Gadget that will not have a loose, or an untightly secured screw. And what if he figured out a way to waterproof it, and develop it so that it can wear armor and all that stuffs? The possibilities of making a perfect robot are endless, and it's not far-fetched to think that Juppo will be able to do it too.

It's not far-fetched. But fact is, for all that we know now, he hasn't.

Up to Suikoden III timeline (almost 20 years after Suikoden), there is still no "perfect robot" created yet. Considering that Juppo isn't the youngest man and he is not ageless, it's also not far-fetched to say that he'd die before such "perfect robot" is created (if ever).

EDIT: And yeah, "a Tuta" to emphasize the point. XD

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe he is still working on it during Suikoden III time. XD

He HAS to have a disciple (and I don't mean Meg because he doesn't seem to be fond of her) so that his legacy can be continued or something. But then... I don't think those Suikoden writing crew or whoever does character development would work on this aspect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: