Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What happens one you hit the edge of the map?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: What happens one you hit the edge of the map? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the title is pretty self explanitory... I've never actually bothered sailing all the way to the edge of the map because it took so long to get from place to place as it is. But anyway, it's been bugging me, how do they stop you from sailing off the edge of the map?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was the wind turning you around automatically, i was very mad when they did the same thing for Illuya.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't mind the concept of the 'wind turning you back' in general, but more the idea of it being overused (to keep the game strictly on rails, if you're going to do this make it less obvious, like, having Leviathan appear 100% of the time at a certain point so you've got no choice or something, or better yet, just don't do it!)

The one main annoying thing was how when if you sailed too close to, say, Gaien, it would not only turn around but you could also plainly see that there's no land in sight anywhere! That was a horrible error that shouldn't be in any game nowadays.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a part where you could sail right -through- Gaien, it was great :) Look at the Suikox map, that little but in the northeast of Gaien that sticks the furthest east. I'd look at my map and be right -on- that part and still nothing in sight ^_^
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the game turns you around if you approach the (non-existent) Gaien coastline.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, only if you try to head off the edge of the map. There's a part of Gaien that sticks into the map, and thus you can sail right through it.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was mad about Iluya too. I wanted to see the flowers that used to grow there. :(

It is just like Windwaker. You get turned around by the edges. I honestly thought that many ideas used in Suikoden IV came right out of that Zelda game.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
No, only if you try to head off the edge of the map. There's a part of Gaien that sticks into the map, and thus you can sail right through it.

No, try it again. If you try to sail into Gaien, it spins you away.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did try it again. You can sail right up the lefthand side of the map, precisely on the line where if you were a whit further west you'd bounce, and go right through Gaien. I am -quite- certain on this.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Harukaze. I noticed this as well as i was sailing toward the Mountain Mass Island. I looked at the map and saw absolutely nothing where i was sailing. Yet the Gaien coastline could be seen on the map. That is, of coursse, near the line of wind that turns you away. :D

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I do is go until I hit that line, get the ship beginning to turn around, and start jammin' on the map button. The moment the map comes up, I hit up on the directional pad [so I know it's true north, and not almost north on the analog stick], set in my destination, and come back to the game. I thus trace out the absolute westernmost border. And I do go -right- through Gaien.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: