Suikoden Unique and Illusional Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is a good way to make some quick cash?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: What is a good way to make some quick cash? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am at the point in the game where I can start the final mission, and I understand that I have to use two parties. I am broke right now, my current party has not had there armor upgraded since around the mid 20's low 30's I'd say (except for stuff that I sound like Pirate King gear that I put on the hero). So what is the best way to make some cash?

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you've got a prosperity rune, fighting the Moving Isles around Middleport net a large amount of potch, while fighting the Kooluk soldiers at Illuya can get you roughly 6000 - 8000 easily. Add in the slash rune, and it could take you no time at all.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Include Noah in your party, too.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Na-Nal with the Kooluk soldiers and a Prosperity Rune (taken from one of the Lo siblings) as well as Noah as support can achieve just as good, if not better, results that the Illuya fights. You'll break 10,000 potch a fight, if I remember correctly.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prosperity rune. Take a character with the money ability. Fight enemies in Obel's dungeon (the ruins). You get good money in there.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Ruins of Obel is fine for levelling while gathering money but I wouldn't advise it for pure potch hoarding. The battles there will take long enough for you to gain more potch in more battles at Na-Nal in the same time.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You get good money in Obel. The fights aren't that long at all. You should just have some double strike runes on for damage.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If he has double strike runes, he probably doesn't need cash to upgrade a second party.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They aren't THAT expensive. Only a mere 20,000. That can be made in two battles in the Obelian ruins.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I did like you guys said and fought the Kooluk on Na-Nal and switched between that and the Fire Crab on the Deserted Island. I didn't fully deck out my group but I still managed to beat the game.

Harukaze wrote:
If he has double strike runes, he probably doesn't need cash to upgrade a second party.

lol I didn't even know there were Double Strike runes in this game.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can buy them from Jeane.
syun_ukiya

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

btw i've been wondering.. what is the use of 'found money' support character ? does it give you more money ?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Money received from the enemy is increased by a fixed percentage (which depends on which support character it is). I think Noah increases potch by 30%.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used my power-pad and let my party make money while I slept! I also got many speed rune pieces and other rune pieces from those squirrel thingies at Mordo.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er, here's a question: When/where can you get double strike runes? I don't recall those showing up when I was outfitting my characters.

But potch was slim in my first game, and I tended to outfit everyone extremely early and stick with that (as I had no money to change it) so if it shows up later, I might not have seen it at all.

(Knowing my luck, of course, it was there all along and I just didn't pay it any mind as I couldn't afford it's 20,000 (0.0) potch price tag, so this might be a very dumb question to ask...In which case, my apologies. But I would like to know, as I'll (hopefully!) have more potch next run through.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: