Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Recent Topics / Most popular topics, etc
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Recent Topics / Most popular topics, etc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That bar at the top of the index... I added that last night. Let me know if it's more annoying than helpful. If people like it, good.

If it's annoying at top, it can be moved to the bottom, or to the side or whatever.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

please dont move it to the side it would look really ugly there. In my opinion it would most likely look and be best down at the bottom instead of the top because we have the view new posts thing at the top and I know its not the same, but a lot of people use that and its one of the first thing they go to on the site and since thats already at the top it would most likely be used more. At the bottom however if you are scrolling down to see who is online or something you can look at that too.

Just my two cents.

CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the additions. Very nice, and very helpful. A bit shocking at first, and it'll take a bit to get used to, but, it's all good. Good job!
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was a bit shocking at first. I kind of like it, though. Perhaps it would be best at the bottom, like Philosopher King say-- but the bottom already has a lot of stuff crowding it. So for now, I'd say let's just keep it where it is.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it'd look better if it was at the bottom. For some reason, I like it better down there rather than at the top. Feel free to ignore me though.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My honest opinion? I'm not too fond of it. Not trying to sound ungrateful, but for the recent topics, I can simply click on the "Posts since last visit" and get that information, and I guess I see even less need for the most popular topics bit. But, if people like it, I certainly can learn to live with it.

~Uguu!~
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I for one have made thorough use of the recent topics column from the moment it came in place. Just a suggestion though - the most posts and most views threads aren't really ever going to change, and by they're very nature they're the ones most people here have already seen. I'd like to suggest, if it's possible, listing the 15 threads most recently contributed to rather than only 5 followed by two columns I can't really see people deriving much use from.

Also, I don't mind it being at the top one bit, but I've heard a lot of gripes on irc about it. I'd rather it be at the top than gone entirely, but maybe putting it at the bottom would be best.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would also like it at the bottom, to be honest. But then, I would never use it anyway...

^Actual quote!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really care for it, again because new posts does the job just fine. It doesnt bother me though. However, I definately like all the other stuff you added.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm all for putting it on the bottom....I don't like how it's pushing the rest of the forums...well...more downwards in terms of layout.

Or maybe you could swap it with the 'Prolific writers' thing that's at the bottom now...
well I guess my point is...for being how thick it is now...it's better if it's on the bottom of the page I think...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks good - draws attention to other posts that some members may not be active in yet. I know when I come on the first thing I do is search for posts that I've already been active in, and check and see if anyone has replied to my posts. In the meantime I aimlessly brows around in other forums with little or no direction, this gives me the luxery of being able to see where other users are or have been active as another outlet of posting my two-cents or participating in the conversation. Very nice.

I hate you Onimaru.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It makes the forum index too busy. Too many things going on all at once. It's hard on the eyes and a bit unsightly, I think. It would look better on the bottom, if it absolutely has to stay. I'm still not overly fond of it. There's just too much going on and it draws attention away from other places. It's fun to try out new things for a site, sure, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. This, I believe, is one of those times.

As for practicality, I have a similar opinion. It doesn't help much. Most of those popular threads will have a fire rune next to them anyway. Anyone who makes use of "view posts since last visit" will have no use for the new table.

I don't mean to be rude or overly critical, but I personally don't like it.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Looks good - draws attention to other posts that some members may not be active in yet. I know when I come on the first thing I do is search for posts that I've already been active in, and check and see if anyone has replied to my posts. In the meantime I aimlessly brows around in other forums with little or no direction, this gives me the luxery of being able to see where other users are or have been active as another outlet of posting my two-cents or participating in the conversation. Very nice.

The new posts feature pretty much does the same thing.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm minimalist by nature, so I find it to be bulky and unneccesary. I personally probably won't ever use it, but I think the boards would have a more tucked-away look if it was at the bottom.

I do however acknowledge that with the Suikox Forums being as large as they are, something like this is probably a good thing to point people towards popular threads. It just happens that I seldom post in said threads.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would prefer it at the bottom, as I'm pretty much never going to use it it doesn't make too much difference to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: