Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Buddy List

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Buddy List Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I kind of like the idea of having a buddy list option, and being able to add people to your buddy list (if you don't know what I'm talking about, look at the bottom of my post, and you'll see a 'buddy' button, if you press it, it will say "this member has been added to your buddy list"), however, I can't seem to find this list anywhere in my profile, or in the nation system.

Am I just not looking in the right places, is there going to be a list, and it's just not made yet, or is there no list of who is on your buddy list?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's being worked on as we speak, and I think you can now see it in your profile.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you can also see it in your pm box.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, and that's supposed to be all. I'm really not sure what good this list does to be honest (it's a MOD), but maybe people like to have this sort of stuff... Not sure.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the online mod where there is a button next to the profile and chat buttons with a green or red light informing you if the person is online would be better, because at the moment that is all this buddy system does.

I'll try to find it for you if you want.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This sounds like what konami.com forums has,where the buddy list works opposite what the ignore list does.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, previously people have begged me for a "buddy system" and I've rejected it, but I thought maybe I can do it now. If additional functionality is needed, let me know and I can probably add it somehow. This also gives me additional user variables to work into other stuff (such as the naton system).
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Yeah, and that's supposed to be all. I'm really not sure what good this list does to be honest (it's a MOD), but maybe people like to have this sort of stuff... Not sure.

like you i don't really see what the point of it is. i think a gender mod would do better since it'll help if you don't know what the other person's gender is.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

erm...I do not think it is necessary to see people's "buddy lists" in their profiles....
I used to go to a discussion forum with a similar buddy system than what is set up on here now...however it was only visible to a person in their Private Messages...

I reckon people used it as a way to start chatting to a person by PM
(an alternative to instant messaging programs I guess)

but..uh..yeah...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose the point of displaying it in your profile is so people can see who you actually consider friends as opposed to acquaintances here. I only added nine people to mine, so it seems like a fair representation. Granted being able to see such things isn't exactly important by any means, but I don't really see any other practical use for the system. The people I'd consider meriting 'buddy' status tend to be the people I respond to anyway, so I see all their posts and know where to look them up without searching through the member list if I want to PM them or something.

Also, I really like Buff's idea of a gender mod. This is the first forum community I've been a part of that wasn't 90% male, so where I'd normally just assume someone's a guy even if they have a feminine name or avatar, here I never rightly know. Of course we'd have to throw in an 'undecided' option for Archy...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, gender stuff is pretty much rejected here, because enough people didn't like the idea a while ago to make it a bad idea. So it won't happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: