Suikoden United and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II glitch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never had a problem bringing Humphrey and Futch anywhere (hell, I've gotten Humphrey in my Merc Fort escape party a few times ... and I danced a happy dance). I've gotten Futch's symbol speak in Greenhill, but no problems.

I have gotten two nasty glitches, though.

Sometimes, when Riou wakes up, the game assigns a random character you've recruited to wake you. One time I got Feather. His wake up speach is just a shriek. The game glitched, however, because Feather was too big for the room! Riou was in his temporary room on the fourth floor (before he goes to his fifth-floor penthouse) and Feather was occupying the same space as the nighttable and part of him was inside the wall. The game froze up right ther.

The other glitch I get is the night you decide whether or not to run away with Nanami in Tinto. You are supposed to go to bed and trigger a scene with leknaat before you talk to Nanami, but it is possible to just go to Nanami first. Doing this skips the scene with Leknaat and (I guess) erases a plot trigger. The next morning when you go downstairs, none of the characters are there and if you try to run out the door you will run into the blackness around the building. You can run all over in there (and even reach the second floor from the side) but you cannot leave the room and continue the plot.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru wrote:
I've never had a problem bringing Humphrey and Futch anywhere (hell, I've gotten Humphrey in my Merc Fort escape party a few times ... and I danced a happy dance).

I hate that part in the game, sometimes you're assigned more than three close range attackers, which should be considered a glitch in itself!
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I hate that part in the game, sometimes you're assigned more than three close range attackers, which should be considered a glitch in itself!

I always rescue Nanami in Kyaro. That way you have three locked medium-range characters and the game can't do that to you.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru wrote:
The other glitch I get is the night you decide whether or not to run away with Nanami in Tinto. You are supposed to go to bed and trigger a scene with leknaat before you talk to Nanami, but it is possible to just go to Nanami first. Doing this skips the scene with Leknaat and (I guess) erases a plot trigger. The next morning when you go downstairs, none of the characters are there and if you try to run out the door you will run into the blackness around the building. You can run all over in there (and even reach the second floor from the side) but you cannot leave the room and continue the plot.

I talked just once to Leknaat (or she to me), because I was always talking to Nanami first. I never experienced what you described, Wataru.

The Fool
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, I just read the posts about the slow-motion glitches, and I am currently playing the game and it just happened to me! It's when Riou wakes up before the final battle. I just opened and closed the disc tray and everything went back to normal.

That glitch about Feather in the room is too funny though!
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only bugs I saw in the whole game were the conversations in french between Lorelai and Killey in Gregminster... and also the conversation between Riou, Gordon and his son.

The can freeze when you want to see Valerias and/or Kasumis attributes and that scene when you fight the Highland soldiers during the defense of Two River.

Never had such problems like you discribed above... *head scratch*

Dilber Novum
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dilber Novum wrote:
The only bugs I saw in the whole game were the conversations in french between Lorelai and Killey in Gregminster... and also the conversation between Riou, Gordon and his son.

Is this something specific to the PAL version?

I hate you Onimaru.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Dilber Novum wrote:

Is this something specific to the PAL version?

Probably yes. It also happens when you are in Rokkaku. The whole Ninja higher-ups are talking in Frensh until you recruited them

The Fool
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This language glitch has never happened on the English PAL version for me.
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems it's only in the german translation of the game.
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yepp that's right. I have the US Version here too, so I will play Suikoden 2 again and see if I have the same problems after the glitch.

Dilber Novum
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It may just be that they used the French copy to do the German translation, but forgot to take out that line and translate it.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The trading tips were also glitchy, and I couldn't understand a frickin' thing they were saying. What a waste of 150 potch...
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I can't speak Frensh, I handled these things by searching for signal words, like the Frensh words for "join us", "castle" and stuff, so that I guessed what they want from me ;)
Although many things are still in English, only one sentence, said by Nanami I believe, was still in English, but since she said "I don't understand you", it seemed to make sense
What really annoyed me was that when ypi talk to Lepant for the first time, he states a few things, then Freed comes closer and repeat word for word again. I don't mind that the wrong person is saying things like Humphrey at Mt. Rakutai, but Freed said something that convinced Lepant to forget very old opponents and bloody accidents in order to defeat Luca and I couldn't read what Freed said to convince him... I hate this...

The Fool
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awright, I finished the US game by using all glitches and that stuff. There were no bugs in my game, so I was able to play without difficulties, freezes and that stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: