Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Controversy of the Kanakan Flag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Given that most of the art comes from obscure and/or Japanese-only games, I'd doubt much of the forum would be familiar with them. :?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The lesson here is to never let people know that you know what the NPC avatars are from, that way SARS doesn't feel like he has to do more work.

I like them, i think you should keep them.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Show some love for the artist guild, yo! they work for minimum wage.

It reminds me of something that happened with the INF flag some time ago, it was from some american football team xD
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What? Our flag was never from some football team. I remember you submitted a flag idea that was based off of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but I promptly rejected it for that reason.
Futch

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was being subtle in order to avoid saying anything relevant regarding our nation... geesh.

Now you have blew it! The mistery is gone.

But oh well, I didn't express myself correctly so I won't tell you know who about this.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Funny, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers flag looks almost exactly the same as the Cleveland Cavaliers flag. Observe!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Logo

Cleveland Cavaliers Secondary Logo

Wow, and here I was thinking that it was just a Kanakan conspiracy... Perhaps the Cleveland Cavaliers took it from the Bucs! It's hard to say, but I'm pretty damn sure Tampa Bay had their new logo before the Cavs got theirs... Ah well, it's pretty amusing that we nearly had two nations representing professional sports franchises!

Oh yeah. Since we're on the subject of NPC avatars, I'm a little curious about the Katana avatars. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that they came either from Romance of the Three Kingdoms or perhaps some high-tech version of the game "Nobunaga's Ambition."

Then again, I guess I've already caused enough of a stir, eh? :P Honestly, Ted. The NPC avatars do look kick ass even if they are taken from a game. I wouldn't want you to change them just because of something I or Sophita happened to point out.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Futch

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the one I spoke about had a ship in it. But yes, It was the flag of the Bucaneers.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've found only one good suggestion for change.

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
If you have to though, use stick figures. Make them using MS Paint!

There. Stick Figures FTW.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that they came either from Romance of the Three Kingdoms or perhaps some high-tech version of the game "Nobunaga's Ambition

I think Vex or Uji revealed a while ago that it was indeed from Nobunaga's Ambition.

I know a whole bunch of other sources, but I won't tell. Still, if the NPCs like those games, then by all means they should be allowed to use them as their avatars. :P

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does this mean that if either Tampa Bay or Cleveland start to do really well, the wine is on Kanakan?

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the way you think, Parallax!

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you get really desperate Vex, start using avatars from obscure hentai games. Wait, wait...members like Scarlet Assassin and the rest of Kooluk would probably recognize them immediately...nevermind then...

I particularly like the Katana avatars. The artwork is high quality. I don't care if they're from a video game I've played or might play...they're really damn good.

^Actual quote!
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
If you get really desperate Vex, start using avatars from obscure hentai games. Wait, wait...members like Scarlet Assassin and the rest of Kooluk would probably recognize them immediately...nevermind then...

I particularly like the Katana avatars. The artwork is high quality. I don't care if they're from a video game I've played or might play...they're really damn good.

Don't hate on Kooluk's national game genre!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh well, seeing that plenty of people like the avatars as is, I guess I won't change it. Kanakan has a new flag though.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh? You changed it? That's a little sad, I rather liked the old flag. However, the new flag is quite nice, as well. Once again, I have to commend you for coming up with a wonderful flag that doesn't look as horrible as London 2012-- and made for 0 dollars, unlike the ridiculous price tag of aforementioned logo. >.>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: