Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Controversy of the Kanakan Flag
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: The Controversy of the Kanakan Flag Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I come before the wonderful, gathered community of Suikox forum-goers with an amazing discovery that will shock and awe all of you. As some of you may be enjoying this year's NBA Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the San Antonio Spurs, earlier today I happened to click on a thread which displayed the Kanakan flag, only to be astonished by the similarity between the Kanakan flag, and the secondary logo of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Watch and be awed!

Kanakan Flag

Cleveland Cavaliers secondary logo

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that somebody extremely clever saw the Cavs' logo somewhere on the internet and thought that I would be a cool idea to simply remove the white "C" from the flag and replace with a black trophy-thingie.

SCANDALOUS!
On behalf of the forum goers here, I demand an explanation as to why the two are so similar! Is it simply coincidence... OR did someone steal the property of the Cleveland Cavaliers for their own benefit...? Only a select few know the answer...

DISCLAIMER: Before anybody goes around taking me too seriously, I actually think that this was a really clever idea, because the Kanakan flag looks cool as hell. I'm not accusing anyone of anything shady, I just want to know who the clever artist was... :wink:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara don't! You speak too much! Thier are Kanakan everywhere. Look behind the Profile button! It's gone in a flash!

Acutally it's possible Algernon de la Croix is a closet Cleveland Cavaliers fan...

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, GOD! This means that the Cavs are REALLY going to lose now! Thanks a lot, Kanakan! Your drunken ways have forced the Spurs to win again!

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, you know... Vextor has mentioned that he resides in Ohio. It's possible that he secretly knows LeBron James, and he's really the guy controlling Kanakan. And if THAT'S true... AND Cleveland gets swept by San Antonio, look for Kanakan to go on a wild rampage next phase!

Of course, it wouldn't have to be LeBron himself... It could be any of the players, or perhaps some random guy that works for the Cavaliers organization. Maybe it's former Detroit Channel 4 secondary sports anchor, Fred McLeod, who's now the play-by-play announcer for the Cavaliers... If that's true, that would be pretty awesome. :D

Actually, in response to your remarks, I do hope the Cavs manage to wing it out, but it'll take guts, that's for sure. Perhaps it was the Kanakan wines that forced them to keep throwing up bricks against the Spurs in Game 1....

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I simply can't believe I didn't see the truth of this sooner.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha. That actually does make sense, with Vextor living in Ohio. As far as I know, he isn't a fan of Basketball, so it's not some evil plot to subliminally get us to become fans of the Cleveland Cavaliers. ^^ Their flag has always looked pretty cool to me, though.

Look on the bright side-- at least Vextor didn't use the 'London 2012' logo as the base for the Kanakan flag!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
Look on the bright side-- at least Vextor didn't use the 'London 2012' logo as the base for the Kanakan flag!

Noone should have to see that logo ever again. I mean seriously it is like 80s disco gone wrong.

I like the Kanakan flag, the fact that its taken from something like a sports team doesn't bother me in the slightest. If there was an actual outcry about it I'm sure someone could re-draw it to not be just a recolour.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the Kanakan flag and have no idea what the other flag is so it shall forever be the Kanakan style to me!
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*shock and awe*

That is super uncanny....but I like the Kanakan logo better. Still, it'll be interesting to find what's at the bottom of this mystery.

Also, I know NOTHING about basketball teams or play-offs, but I'm gonna go ahead and root for the Cavaliers on this one cause their name is better than Spurs and their logo is infinitely superior. :mrgreen:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually noticed the similarity of the two logos a long time ago. It surprised me a bit when I first saw it, but it wasn't really that much of a big deal to me. I kinda like it, actually. It makes for a good reminder for me of my favorite sport.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once again Hikusaak Vex is giving me evidence of his true identity!

Last edited by Sparhawk on Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's pretty boring acually. I just plugged in "flag" and "sword" in google. I didn't even know it was a logo for some sports team.
Truth tends to be boring.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please don't call them Cleveland Cavaliers. You don't call them that - you call them LeBron James. :*laugh*:

Never noticed that, though. Good find Sai.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
It's pretty boring acually. I just plugged in "flag" and "sword" in google. I didn't even know it was a logo for some sports team.
Truth tends to be boring.

I always assumed French Ninjas attacked you and left it at your place when they fled.

I think I'm going to ignore the truth for now. :)
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering my deep dark hatred for the sport I must say, bravo for putting a decent looking logo to practical use. Regardless of them having it first, it is obviously rightfully ours, because basketball sucks. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: