Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Flik Scene?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Flik Scene? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a lot of "Secrets" guides for S1 I keep reading that Flik triggers a special scene if you bring him into a certain house in the Warrior's Village (Suikosource has this). Has anyone ever gotten a scene there? I know the guy outside the house will say something different if Flik is in the party, but I've never gotten a special scene. Has anyone ever gotten this? Do you have to bring him at a certain time?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anytime is fine, and all it is is like an extra line, where the dude says, "It's been five years since you left!" or something.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pretty much what vextor said. it's just a guy that remembers flik saying it's been five years. nothing special about it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it was nothing grand, but a "secret", or at least an Easter Egg, nonetheless. Same with Meg at Lenankamp. Clive's is a little more special (at Rockland, I believe), he actually shifts out of Tir's body (yes, I call it shifting out lol) and says something.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, isn't Meg's scene more like Clive's? She splits off and has a quick conversation with her parents, then tells Tir to come on, let's go? Or am I remembering things that didn't actually happen?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

your correct meg did that. she talked to her parents on how adventure calls. clive's just talks about elza.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Yeah, it was nothing grand, but a "secret", or at least an Easter Egg, nonetheless. Same with Meg at Lenankamp. Clive's is a little more special (at Rockland, I believe), he actually shifts out of Tir's body (yes, I call it shifting out lol) and says something.

He says something like, "You can't trick me, woman."
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, then he says something else after that. Gosh, Clive was so much stronger in Suikoden I.

About Meg, I don't recall her coming out of Tir's body, though she may have said a few lines. I don't know. It's been like five years since I last played Suikoden I. XD
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played it last week and was just to lazy to watch those scenes, although I knew they exist... I was even with Flik at his home town and didn't talk to that man. Phew, I am a lazy bone... :mrgreen:
However, is it really worth the fuss or is only Clive's scene interesting?

The Fool
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's not worth it. just a little hey i haven't seen you here in a long time and flik doesn't say any thing back.

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

None of the scenes are worth it in the sense that they don't add to the story, but they all add to the overall vibe of the game. The thing I loved most about the Suikodens, especially I, II, and V, is every single character had a back story to some extent. For the most part they weren't just there to fill up star brackets *coughS4cough*. Clive's scene unlocks a whole level of character development in a few short lines. It shows that he's not just there to look cool and fight for you - he's an actual person with a back story like everyone else that may or may not be revealed in the future. The same goes for Meg. Being able to meet her parents and tie some sort of emotion, some sort of background in to her character, is what makes her a character, not just another spot on the wall, and it's what makes Suikoden so unique. Look at Chrono Cross - you only had 30 some characters and yet they all felt like strangers. With the exceptions of four or five none of them meant anything, and I was hard pressed to find a third guy for my party who ever felt like he belonged there. In Suikoden you can have upwards of 18 in your party sometimes, out of 108, and I'm still constantly torn over who to include, because so many are intimately tied with the tale.

S1, S2, and S5 really focused on this, and that's why I love them the most out of the series. S5 tossed some real shockers out there in little cryptic one liners you could easily overlook. Next time I play through S1 I'm so using Morgan. :D
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krin has a hidden scene, too. If you take him to see the man in Lenankamp's inn who says his money was stolen, he will recognize Krin and accuse him. Krin will then leave your party and head back to the castle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: