Suikoden United and Illegal Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ten Most Evil Characters!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Ten Most Evil Characters! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried to think of a way to fit this in the "Favourite game bosses" thread but I don't think it fits. I read this article where the list for the top ten most evil characters ever in a video game are mentioned, and according to "Live Nintendo," they are as follows.

10. Cryptosporidium-137 | Destroy All Humans 1 & 2
9. Torque | The Suffering & The Suffering: Ties That Bind
8. Hojo | Final Fantasy 7 & Related
7. Shao Kahn | Mortal Kombat Series
6. Kratos | God of War 1 & 2
5. Diablo | Diablo 1 & 2
4. Walter Sullivan | Silent Hill 4: The Room
3. Psycho Mantis | Metal Gear Solid
2. Sweet Tooth | Twisted Metal Series
1. Sephiroth | Final Fantasy 7 & Related

They seem to have forgotten about one man, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about - Mr. Blight of course! Although Suikoden's popularity in the western world is probably the factor in Luca Blight not being on the list, if only they had played Suikoden II, they'd know the evil... Even if they missed out our favorite evil prince, do you think this list is accurate? I'd prefer to avoid this turning into a bland listing thread where we just list our top tens, so overall discussion of characters is preferred. :)

Sephiroth seems to be number one or at least close in all these kinds of rankings, is it because he killed Aeris or was just the villain in the most popular RPG ever?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sephiroth isn't compelling. Hell, Hojo was more interesting even if how he went crazy in the end seemed out of place and horribly forced. Not to mention his involvement in Dirge of Cerberus was so, so dumb.

Easily, the most evil character in video games is Lezard Valeth from Valkyrie Profile.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree that Sephiroth doesn't belong on the list. He went totally NUTS and was apparently a pretty decent person before that.

Luca certainly belongs on the list, as does Kefka from FF VI. Now THERE'S a bad man with no excuses!

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree Hojo was more evil in the purest sense of the word, he experimented on his own family and attempted to help Sephiroth destroy the world. Then he went on to orchestrate all of Dirge of Cerberus. I'm never going to play DoC or any of the side games as they'd probably ruin the Final Fantasy VII experience for me, I like my recollection of it being simple and only in one game.

I think Vormav from Final Fantasy Tactics is definately worth a mention, maybe at number seven...
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree with everyone else. Sephiroth definitely does not belong on that list, especially not at number one. The writers probably just didn't want to deal with any death threats from overzealous fanboys. :roll:

I know hardly anything about the rest of the characters on that list other than recognizing the games they come from. I haven't played any of them so I really can't comment much on whether or not they belong on the list. That said, I'd like to nominate Yu Yevon. He was a pretty weak villain, seeing as he was introduced really late in the game (didn't get enough time to hate him >.<), but his actions were pretty evil imo.

I also second the Luca and Kefka nominations. :mrgreen:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Feh, Nyarlathotep should take up all ten spots.

Last edited by Loran Cehack on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
SwissStopwatch

Largest Falco Tribute Band Ever

186774 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh, Vormav. Yeah, there's a good one. That's a little confusing because of the Leo Stone and Hashmalum, though. Then again, since it's never explained how he ended up with the stone, we may as well just consider them one and the same for the purposes of the game, and then go ahead and add him to the evil list. There were plenty of evil characters in that game, but, he's worse than all of them because he set a lot of the events up.

Sephiroth isn't compelling enough to me to be on the list anywhere; it probably is just that he's the villain in FF7, which has been played by a lot of people. These lists are usually just shaped by virtue of what games are popular, and not who'd truly evil; it'd mean very little to their target audience if they put Luca Blight on there, because relatively few people have any idea who he is, but most of the characters on that list are from more popular games that a lot of people have played (Note that FF7 gets 2 entries). This isn't really a list written for the purpose of truly putting the most evil people on there; it seems more like they just want to fill the list with villains that people have heard of so they can go "Oh yeah, I remember him, he was sooooooo evil!". Even going by that, though, they still could've done better. It isn't like nobody ever played FF6.

As for the other entries on there, I'm not very familiar with any of them. I'd basically have to rewrite the entire list by that virtue; I recognize all of the games, but about half the names on that list mean nothing to me because I didn't play the game they were in.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose I won't get into my momma boy hate mode for this and leave poor little Sephy alone...I bash him enough on other websites.

The church of Yevon is a pretty good addition. They seemed to believe Genocide of the Al behd would be perfectly great, which is of course terrible. Then the various other things I don't want to go into for Spoiler sake. The point is, the church of Yevon committed many atrocities in their 1000 reign over Spira.

I'm also quite Fond of 9 ball and the controller from the Armored Core series. I'm replaying III right now, so I'll have much more insight on the controller in a few days. I just don't remember enough of the game to give a good account just yet.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somehow the image of Kratos protecting the spirits of his mother and child from dark ghouls doesn't strike me as being particularly malicious.

I don't see Dracula on that list. This saddens me.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They totally forgot Hamaza from Shin Megami Tensei if...

They will not be forgiven.

Loran Cehack wrote:
Feh, Nyarlathotep should take up all ten spots.

Yes.

Oh, yes.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if you two are going to mention Nyarlatholep, Guido deserves some recognition. God, I love Guido.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Team Rocket. I demand Team Rocket.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being the stubborn jerk I am, I won't recognize Guido cause he's from the very crappy English localization. Kandori, however... <3

Only, not from Be your true mind. He was way more awesome in Eternal Punishment where he wasn't a pedophile and was wearing sunglasses. Oh, yes. I'd tap that.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crappy? Guido rules. Quiet, you.

He qualifies for many reasons.

1) In Persona 1, the headquarters of Guido has a kick ass theme song.
2) Guido is a dick.
3) Guido wears a suit.
4) Guido wears sunglasses (in Persona 2).
5) It seems like Guido can survive everything. Death and rumors aren't going to stop him!
6) You actually start rooting for Guido.

Yup. He is fine in my book!

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guido = Kandori.

Fool! D: I'm the king at MegaTen trivia. I can give you 100 reasons why Nemissa is better and you don't even know who Nemissa is. D:

Jorge Prima wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: