Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Name Changes Limit Rule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Name Changes Limit Rule Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Effective immediately, a person can change their name only one every phase, and only after a phase has been declared to have started up until the DOI submission deadline.

This is to avoid situations where submitted names for certain actions no longer match with the changed names. It's also to stop people from changing names too often or for dubious reasons.

Last edited by Vextor on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great idea. Thanks for enforcing this.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, it was pretty hard to keep up with all the name changes going on lately.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My apologies.

I was one of the members who changed username's and this occured after Turn 1 of Phase 15.....i should have realised the potential problems this might have caused had i been used in battle.....

I will know to wait between Phases the next time i might change my username. :P
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have personally always tried to follow this or make sure to wait to change my name if I'm being used in an action for a certain phase. This won't be a hard rule to follow.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like a great rule.. so now I guess we'll be calling Milano "Felipe" from now on.. or was it "Folipe"..? :?

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...So those outright cruel name changes can be changed back once Phase 16 starts, right?

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Falipe, thank you very much! And considering that this was completely random fun we thought up during chat so we wouldn't get bored in between phases, this rule is great!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I think as punishment for their joke, making the "F*lipe Brothers" keep their names for a phase would be most amusing.

Of course, that's just my opinion on the matter. Other people find it to be incredibly confusing and may want to see it changed as soon as possible, or perhaps before the DOI deadlines. The only guy not really at fault here is the original "Filipe."

I do have one question about something that doesn't seem to make sense. It looks to me like people aren't allowed name changes between phases. I'm curious as to why that is, since it wouldn't affect roster submissions, if there's no phase going on at the moment.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because stuff like victory count addition and some other background processes are run between phases.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
The only guy not really at fault here is the original "Filipe."

I would also ad Felipe to that list, since that is also his real name. Plus, I don't think he would change his name back unless he really wanted to, particularly with a charge attached.

In any event, I also think this is a good rule which is, in hindsight, long overdue.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gotta agree...I can't imagine how Obnoxious that must be. People just changing their names a bajillion times every phase. I'd go nuts and cuttabitch. So, Smart move there, Boss.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Either that or I need to change things so people can have two names or something... one "public name" and one "not-so public name." Sort of like those awkward people who go by their middle name and hide their first name with their life.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe but it seems a lot of users seem to be annoyed at the idea of multiple random name changes, rather than the whole victory count updating issue.

In fact, wasn't that one of the dubious reasons referenced?

Don't soften up, stay hard, hard as a rock. No surrender!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally can't keep up with the name changes myself. Even with that topic.

BE A MAN AND STICK WITH YOUR NAME, DAMMIT.

Or at least change it in a not so radical way (From Benjamin to Ben, for instance) do the Futchman a favour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: