Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Good/Bad Endings *HUGE spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Everyone who dies using the rune turns to ash. So as his body is there, that is enough to tell you he is alive.

Not really. Everyone that dies using the Rune turns to Ash after the Rune is transferred to someone else. Until then they're a normal corpse.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackjack wrote:
Quote:
Everyone who dies using the rune turns to ash. So as his body is there, that is enough to tell you he is alive.

Not really. Everyone that dies using the Rune turns to Ash after the Rune is transferred to someone else. Until then they're a normal corpse.
that is a good an easily overlookable point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J2k

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackjack wrote:
Quote:

Ahh your right! Like the ruins, there is a grave. I completely forgot that, thankyou.

So technically he could be dead. they wouldnt have put him in the boat if not. But then, he wakes up lol.

The question is, if you dont find the 108 stars is he supposed to die? Or does he survive anyway and they just dont show him wake up. Like, does having 107 friends make the rune not kill him?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having the 107 other Stars of Destiny turns the wheels of fate and forces the Rune of Punishment to enter its forgiveness phase, which is when it comes safe for the Rune to be used. Otherwise yes, that last usage of the Rune to protect the people on the ship should in fact kill the Tenkai.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. He is dead in the bad ending (Or so I've always assumed. It'd make no sense otherwise. But I don't know what the "official" word is).

The power of the 108 stars, as Leknaat said, "ended the period of punishment" and no longer hurts the user (Seriousoly. Try out the Rune in the last dungeon after you get all 108. The spells don't hurt you anymore). If the hero from four were to die, and the Rune be transferred, then the Rune would go back to killing the bearers.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
J2k

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that is something i didnt gather, but your right, the rune didnt hurt me at the end. Awesome. I think i skipped through leknaat's speech when i had all 108, because it was my second playthrough and i assumed it was the same as when i didnt have all the stars.

So this thread is wrong then. Technically he IS dead if you dont get all the stars, and the rune doesnt pass on and is sent off to sea. But i assume the official ending would be the good one.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Rune doesn't pass off... yet. If he was actually dead, I'm sure it would eventually :) Just like it did after Rakgi's father died. Not right away, but eventually. It'd then go on a killing spree that'd last to the current day. I am -assuming,- however, that the good ending is as always the official ending, and that the fourth Tenkai is still alive and well when a new Flame Champion is chosen in the third game. They put this game in the past for a reason, I truly believe, and a mature and experienced True Rune Bearer is probably at -least- part of that reason.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
The Rune doesn't pass off... yet. If he was actually dead, I'm sure it would eventually :) Just like it did after Rakgi's father died. Not right away, but eventually. It'd then go on a killing spree that'd last to the current day. I am -assuming,- however, that the good ending is as always the official ending, and that the fourth Tenkai is still alive and well when a new Flame Champion is chosen in the third game. They put this game in the past for a reason, I truly believe, and a mature and experienced True Rune Bearer is probably at -least- part of that reason.
i'd always expect the good ending to be the offical one in my opinion having the bearers live they still have the loyalty of there nation and there imortalitly for the most part i think slowly bringing the bearers together. (hope that makes sence)
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope we get to see this guy in another installment. There were just too many unanswered questions about what happens to him after and the ending left me wanting more.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to know more about him too. Having the forgiving rune of Punishment in future games would be nice. Hopefully, this will be the only prequel... We need more sequels...

I DID get the good ending btw. I think it's gonna be the default ending for reference in future games...

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me, I'm hoping for one more prequel [I think establishing a mature True Rune Bearer is only half the reason GS4 is set in the past], and then back to the GS3 timeline.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only way I would want another prequel is if it was in Falena and told Georg's story.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What if it was set in Falena but was only, say, a couple years after GS4? Would that satisfy you?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I keep saying it over and over and I know it'll never be done, but, by god it should be.

Go WEST of Toran! There's a whole potential lump of land over there! It really off-sets the maps! Cover that and then zoom wherever you want in the Suikoden world. Just, please, cover the bits of land we have first, rather than adding in new ones.

As for a time, I'll be satisified, and indeed, happy, if the next two games bridge the gap between Suikoden IV and Suikoden I before either zooming even further back (a mistake, in my opinion) or back to the 'present' time. (post-Suikoden III)
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
As for a time, I'll be satisified, and indeed, happy, if the next two games bridge the gap between Suikoden IV and Suikoden I before either zooming even further back (a mistake, in my opinion) or back to the 'present' time. (post-Suikoden III)

I'll be happy with just one more prequel, but I like the way you think :) We probably need at least two installments in the present time to finish the series up, so if they're planning more than seven than more than one prequel would make me perfectly happy. Hell, they gave us a young Ted: if they did more sequels, they could give us a young Ged too. There's a fanboy thought for you ^_^

I presume when you talk about west of Toran, you're talking about the region that Tinto claims on the Suikox map? That could actually be very interesting, since to my knowledge Tinto owns no such place in the Suikoden world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: