Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Good/Bad Endings *HUGE spoilers*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J2k

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Good/Bad Endings *HUGE spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to clear this up because some people say the main character dies.

Whether you get the good ending or the bad ending the main character is alive and well.

The good ending is just a continuation of the bad ending. In the bad ending (not getting all 108 stars) you see him lying unconcious on a boat. In the good ending you see the same scene, only you see an extra bit where he wakes up.

Now, that means he wakes up regardless of whether you get the stars or not, you only see it if you do thats all.

If he died from using the rune of punishment, he wouldnt be unconcious. Everyone who dies using the rune turns to ash. So as his body is there, that is enough to tell you he is alive.

But i doubt he'll return in a sequel because he doesnt even have a name.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For him to appear in a sequel, you'll probably need to load GS4 data. I fully expect him to be a hidden character in GS5, just like Tir McDohl could be recruited in GS2.

Last edited by Beecham on Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
... GS5 ...

Fixed.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
For him to appear in a sequel, you'll probably need to load GS4 data. I fully expect him to be a hidden character in GS5, just like Tir McDohl could be recruited in GS2.
if he would be a secret character why woulden't Riou be a secret character in 3 or for one reason or another Hugo or Chris get teleported on accident by viki (since she appears to teleport though time as well there is a large possiblility that viki is in 2 places at once)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see why Riou would have to be a secret character.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
I don't see why Riou would have to be a secret character.
well it was just to make a point besides i really just picked riou because he was the main character in 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because they would have to explain fifteen years of Riou's life, AND put an official spin on the ending on GS2, something I don't think they want to do just yet.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Because they would have to explain fifteen years of Riou's life, AND put an official spin on the ending on GS2, something I don't think they want to do just yet.
why couldent it be like Tir's in the fact that he just kinda wandered off. the series has so many plot holes it woulden't be hard to imagin.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:

Nanami appeared in Suikogaiden, alive and traveling with Jowy and Riou, so the good ending is confirmed to be the official ending. Konami's already spun the official ending of GS2; it's the good one.

I think Patriarch was just pointing out that not every Suikoden hero has graced the next installment.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's not really realistic,Patriarch. It's not a very good idea to make such random plot twists, especially when there is no reason to do so.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
That's not really realistic,Patriarch. It's not a very good idea to make such random plot twists, especially when there is no reason to do so.
things don't always have to make perfect an compete understandability look at the dragon rune and how it was somehow passed on by joshua woulden't that breif moment have killed them all. not everything has to be concrete is all i'm trying to get at and past instalments have shown that.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Umm... Patriarch, I think all Harukaze was trying to say was that the fact that he doesn't have a name doesn't mean much. By loading data from S4 the name you gave him there could carry over, like how Tir's name carried over in S2.

Also keep in mind that Tir and Riou are NOT official names. They're just names the novelist picked and were in turned picked up by the fan base. Konami still officially refers to them as Hero and Hero2.

On the ending, it's really sort of nonsensical. The boat is obviously supposed to be a funeral boat, but people who die from the rune are supposed to just turn to ash. So why the hell would the people throw him in the boat? They should no the folk turn to ash, and that if he were dead the rune should transfer to someone. Then maybe it has to deal with the last guy in the village story, the one who died with the rune and sealed it away. Perhaps Hero4 somehow pulled off the same thing.

Anyway, it's supposed to be the power of the 108 stars that put the rune in its Atonement phase and stops hurting the Hero. So if you don't have the 108 stars there's nothing to protect him at the end. So he should be dead.
The scene is just really strange though, and it seems to me not that well thought through. I think they were aiming too much for a certain effect that they ignored the logistics behind it.

Fear our Vagueness.

Last edited by Shrew on Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is nothing to say that if the Rune did not pass directly between them that all the dragons would have died. At no real time was the True Rune without a bearer. There is no flaw in logic here. And storywise, a lot of things -do- make sense in this series. It's possible that the fourth Tenkai could appear in the fifth game, if it makes sense to do so; I don't work for Konami, so I have no idea what is going to happen. But the possibility exists and has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of Riou being in the third game or the absolutely foolish notion that any of the heroes of GS3 should have followed Viki into the past. It's a possibility, nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: Thanks Shrew, couldn't have said it better [and, in fact, did not! :)]. You beat me to the punch, as I'm rather slow in posting while watching television ;)
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
Umm... Patriarch, I think all Harukaze was trying to say was that the fact that he doesn't have a name doesn't mean much. By loading data from S4 the name you gave him there could carry over, like how Tir's name carried over in S2.

Also keep in mind that Tir and Riou are NOT official names. They're just names the novelist picked and were in turned picked up by the fan base. Konami still officially refers to them as Hero and Hero2.
what is this novelist stuff i'm not a crazed fan of suikoden i just play the games what is it?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1132804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patriarch wrote:
things don't always have to make perfect an compete understandability look at the dragon rune and how it was somehow passed on by joshua woulden't that breif moment have killed them all.

No, from what I understand, that's not how it works. In the entry for the Dragon Rune on Suikox, it mentions the death of the rune's bearer would result in the death of all the dragons. Since Joshua would still be alive when he passed the rune onto Milia, there would be no adverse effects to the dragons.

Quote:
what is this novelist stuff i'm not a crazed fan of suikoden i just play the games what is it?

I don't know a whole lot about the novels myself, except they were adaptations of the game much like the Suikoden III manga is an adaptation of that particular game. As far as I know, these novels were only released in Japan. Either way, neither "Tir" nor "Riou" have any official names as far as the games go. It's just easier to call them by those names than Hero1 or Hero2.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: