Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

White Matilda Knights?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my! so all of that about Miklotov taking over the knigthdom was false? So the knights now have a new leader/leaders? Interesting...well now i'm itching to hear more about the knights of Matilda, if they (being such a small territory) were the military backbone of Jowsten and proved to be a counter-force to the superior Highland military, they must be some serious hardarses, unfortunatly though I dont know if we'll ever see/hear more about them. At best we'll see Camus or Miklotov, but I doubt we'll hear anymore from Rockax.

I hate you Onimaru.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you're confused. Miklotov probably became the White Knight Captain after returning to Matilda.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh see! no no, that's what I said earlier but I thought Mik and Cam went wandering, I didn't know they returned to resume command. Was just curious why Mik wasn't in his fancy white knights garb in the suikogaidens (only going on the screens I've seen) nevermind then.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for that passage Vex. Camus being ranked higher than Miklotov is quite surprising, maybe that explains his blind loyalty in comparison to Miklotov's more humane service.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must say that this has led me to wonder how you are placed in a certain color group of the knights. I'm going to go ahead and assume that it is an aristocratic kind of thing.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yeah. This also led me to wondering how knight-hopefuls would be grouped into a particular color group of the knights. I guess a person's skill in fighting would be a large factor for determining in which color group he would be placed in.

This got me to thinking again. Are the knight-hopefuls able to choose which color group they would join in? Also, are current knights able to switch to another color group, or are they forever stuck into the color group they were sorted in?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt they choose, perhaps fighting skill and the heritage of the Knight play a part.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Even if two knights have the same rank, superiority depends on whether they are a member of the white, red, or blue knights (superiority is in that order).

Does this mean that a normal white knight had superiority over Camus and Miklotov? O_o
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Essentially rank would be like:

White General > Red General > Blue General > White Captain> Red Captain > Blue Captain> White Lieutenant > Red Lieutenant > Blue Lieutenant and so on.

A Blue Captain has superiority over a White Lieutenant, but he better watch what he says, cuz once Whitey gets promoted he'll be having to kiss up. ;)

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is probably like the promotion system in a small chain of stores, if thats the case. So that, a Red Lieutenant would be promoted a White Lieutenant and then a Blue Captain, just like you would be an assistant manager at the number two store, get bumped into the number one store as an ASM, and then become the manager of the number two or three store. Atleast, that's how it used to work at my company before it was bought out!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heritage and aristocracy probably don’t play a part in the color a knight. If anything it's probably based on skill alone. It says in the article Vextor posted that there are few "honorary" positions within the knights. That leads one to believe that they do not focus on linage and breeding, but more so on the overall skill. With the ranks they way they are setup - the assignment of color is something that's probably determined by superiors as a knight advances through the earlier ranks (squire, knight in training, 'etc) and some sort of ceremony or class rank is assessed based on their skill and recommendation of their superiors. That would be my assumption.

I hate you Onimaru.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't he meant with honorary positions, just those knights who are retired and still teach the younger, active knights something. Although this probably does say something about skills, it doesn't say anything about heritage.

The Fool
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden wrote:
Didn't he meant with honorary positions, just those knights who are retired and still teach the younger, active knights something. Although this probably does say something about skills, it doesn't say anything about heritage.

If they're hard lined enough to keep to an "if you're too old to fight, you're out" mentality, It certainly means they value skill above all else. I doubt any Matildan knight would suffer a high ranking officer lording over them and ordering them around because they're of noble birth. That's just the way it seems to me.

I hate you Onimaru.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I would agree in generally, but their Lord wasn't really the smartest man in his Knightdom and not the strongest or skilled if you can say this with having only one battle and many soldiers were still loyal to him. What made Gorudo the boss? Really, was he promoted? He doesn't seem to me that type of guy who's ever served as squire...

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: