Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

White Matilda Knights?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: White Matilda Knights? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may be mistaken but I belive I remember there being a Matilida knights unit that hung around the castle that wore white as apposed to the red and blue of Camus and Miklotov. Do you think there was supposed to be a replacement of Gorudo who lead these units who'se character was dropped but the NPC soldiers remained the same? Or were they just a generic model change in color to represent his unit joining Jowsten?

What other colors are there for the Matilda units?

I hate you Onimaru.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The white knights were directly under Garudo's command and that's the way they were supposed to be. The only colors I ever saw were white, blue, and red.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had thought there was another colour or two, but I can't find any information supporting that. I must be thinking of something else...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, just the three. Not sure what it entails to actually become a White Knight though. Since according to what they said, Camus and Miklotov were only able to get half of the Red and Blue Knights each, but in North Window Castle there is a White Knight and a few are used to sneak into Matilda for the penultimate battle.

I'm guessing experience and loyalty to Gorudo get you into the White Knights.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was a White Knight in the castle? o_O Obviously I'm blind. I always thought they just stole the uniforms to sneak back in, or simply let some of the Blue's and Red's do it. It's been too long since I played 2 *sigh*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't there a flag for matilida's knights? If so what colors are represented on it that might give some insight regarding other colors amongst the knights.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is red, white and blue. It has black lines on it though I think.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It has black lines on it though I think

Almost sure to be a border to separate the colors due to aesthetics, nothing too much important.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well then it seems like there are only three different units, and a possible fourth "black unit" but seeing as how we saw the other three and have never heard mention of the fourth it can be assumed it was on the flag just to seperate the different factions. I wonder why Miktoval didn't take over the white unit and choose a new commander from among the blues to replace him. If we see any other Matilda knights in the future, I'd like to see a white knight SOD. It would be nice to get an outsiders opionion of the fan favorites Camus and Miklotov.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are no Black Knights! They do not exist. :(

As for Miklotov taking over the White Knights, why? He didn't have any influence over them, only his Blue Knights and Camus to his Red Knights, Gorudo seemed to have firm control over the White Knights from day one with the expcetion of a handful. A White Knight Star of Destiny is a great idea though!
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there are "Black Matilda Knights" I'll bet they are trainees. We never got to see if there are any, but if there are, they should not be with the 3 main groups.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
There are no Black Knights! They do not exist. :(

Whoa whoa, i didn't say they did! infact I said the opposit! That we can assume they arn't a functioning part of the Matilda knights (translates to: There could be because there is black on the flag, but it's highly doubtful)

And why I suggested he take over the whites, was because the white knights COULD hold some sort of position as the "best and bravest" y'know, a good captain who gets promoted is generally moved to a different area of more "elite" soldiers. I'd assumed that the knights were segreated into divisions based on skill/rank/'etc, so it's not impossible that the whites are the "elites" and with camus's position of head of the knighthood the white's might report directly to him.

I hate you Onimaru.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I checked the Suikoden Encyclopedia, and they had a section on the Matilda Knight hierarchy... How's that?

So here's the translation--

Organization of the Matilda Knights

The Matilda Knights were formed with the financial backing of Muse and other cities as a way to counter the thread of Highland Kingdom (who were militarily superior). These knights came from the surrounding areas, most of them owning their own fiefs--this happened in the year 280. In 294, they gained independence with the approval of Muse. At this time, the knights returned all of the money they were given initially. Due to their military strength, the Matilda Knights have equal or even more political clout that Muse within the Jowston Alliance.

Within the Knights there are three orders: White Knights, Red Knights, and Blue Knights. Even if two knights have the same rank, superiority depends on whether they are a member of the white, red, or blue knights (superiority is in that order).

Each order is divided into seven different ranks in the following descending order: Captain, Vice-Captain, Lieutenant, Knight, Squire, Apprentice Knight, Apprentice Squire. Only after reaching the rank of Knight is a person considered to have gained knighthood. During the ceremony of knighthood, a knight swears fealty to the White Knight Captain and his order's knight captain (if applicable).

During times of peace, knights either train within Rockaxe or patrol the Knightdom. There are very few "honor" positions within the Knights, and the norm is that "once you can no longer fight, it's time to retire." After retiring, ex-knights typically help coaching younger knights-to-be or perform bureaucratic tasks.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, so Camus actually out ranked Miklotov? I had always thought Red and Blue Knights were on equal terms. Everything else makes sense about a Knightdom, considering it closely followed early European Knighthood.

And the reason why Miklotov didn't take over the White Knights after the death of Garudo was because neither He nor Camus stayed in the City States after the war. They stayed long enough to get the Knight's up and running, and they left for the Grasslands. It's in SuikoGaiden II. Camus and Miklotov meet Elie, Rina and Bolgan in a border village, and fight the Fake Flame Champion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, and the Fake Flame Champion turns out to be the former White Knight Vice-Captain, Clant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: