Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is east of the Island Nations?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: What is east of the Island Nations? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theres a large piece of land to the east of the Island Nations Federation and Queendom of Falena, which is never mentioned in the games but is shown in the world map for some reason.

Map is courtesy of Due Fiumi

The possibilities could be pretty much anything from what I can tell. It could be a nation, could be land that is just inhabited by a few tribles and clans or it could have nothing on it at all and just be there. It is annoyingly mysterious when you try to think of what it could be as apart from a few nation names (like "Katana") which it could be but probably isn't and is merely wishful thinking.

What do you think it is?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I'm not mistaken, it's listed on this sites war map as Katana, but that might just be a way for our feline leader to put Katana on the map. It makes sense, though.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This site's map is only based on the map of the Suikoden world. There are many things that Vexie added just for our own uses on this website that are not part of the Suikoden world at all. While Katana is part of the Suikoden world, nobody knows where-- I don't even think Konami knows where.

As for what is over there, Konami probably hasn't decided yet. They realized they were running out of locations to set games in, so they created more land to make new original nations in. Who knows, perhaps Suikoden VI will be set there. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hippies.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is clearly shaped like a shuriken, it must be Katana. There is a reason that all the recruits from Katana have been found at docks in Suikoden games, Katana (like Japan) is clearly an island and this must be it.

/baseless assumptions.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Vextor put Katana there on the World Map but it isn't actually official that it's Katana.

Falcon Critical wrote:
It is clearly shaped like a shuriken, it must be Katana. There is a reason that all the recruits from Katana have been found at docks in Suikoden games, Katana (like Japan) is clearly an island and this must be it.

/baseless assumptions.

Yeah I thought about that, but getting to Coronet Town from there is really hard. Would be good if that came to be true though, not just good - amazing.

I expect it to be a completely different nation or something.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'd say it's Katana, if you ask me. It's just that I got used to seeing that landmass in the Suikox war map and it kinda got stuck in my head. I think it makes sense though, but I'm not really sure about this.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember that Falena used to be situated on the Eastern Continent, before it was changed to the Southern. If it wasn't on the map that came with the Limited Edition of Suikoden V, I would have thought that Konami scrapped the idea of an Eastern Continent.

As for what's there, I'm sure there's one country, if not several, over there. As for what they are, we'll have to wait to find out, it seems.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For now, I refer to it as "Katana". It's better than calling land a... pile of eastern landmass. >_>

Though seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was Katana, and Vextor hit it right in the jackpot. It does seem shaped like a shuriken. That must mean something. Look at Italy, their country is shaped like a boot and they win the World Cup. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:
Though seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was Katana, and Vextor hit it right in the jackpot. It does seem shaped like a shuriken. That must mean something. Look at Italy, their country is shaped like a boot and they win the World Cup. :P

That would be good, but I see how people can think it is shaped like half a shuriken, but I don't think those are grounds of any type to make this assumption. All we have to go on are Genshu and Hazuki for that, and at the moment their whereabouts and backstory do not indicate where "Katana" is.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, it could be anything. It has never ever been referenced in any form in any game or publication as far as I know. It's just a pile of land from the Suikoden V DVD map that I assigned the moniker Eastern Landmass as I've no idea if it's a huge island or part of a continent (the map cuts out to the east so it could be either).

As for whether it holds the location of a nation we know of but have no fixed location of... only Katana is really available for speculation there. Every other nation has at least its general location fixed.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it can be anything. Although, if it was some Japan-themed nation, I'd hope they'd name it something other than "Katana."

However, based on how Harmonia has been called "Russia-like" by Murayama, how "Zexen" is just one of the Japanese pronunciations for "Saxon" and by how the southern nations tend to be sort of be Tropical with Falena having Egyptian and Persian influences... it seems like you can make a better-than-wild guess as to what sort of civilization may live on that island. I mean, "Zelant" sounds like it may be based off of New Zealand!

If the Western Continent is "America," then the shuriken-shaped island might be something akin to Australia... or perhaps parts of Africa...
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do we know the 'western landmass' is separate from the 'Eastern landmass'?

I was starting to think the west and east landmasses were connected, like they're just two sides of a map and they wrap around....

*cough* well yeah anyway I wouldn't be surprised either if the eastern landmass ends up being an Asiatic nation.
The 'land where the sun rises' eh?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that was the case, Konami have decided to withold, like, 2% of the map (the bit that shows how something as small as the Eastern Landmass connects to the gigantic Western Continent, both of which are cut off on the edges, for no reason.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
I mean, "Zelant" sounds like it may be based off of New Zealand!

Luckily I don't think that is the case. It is a common prejudice in the Suikoden world that all people from Zelant wear armor - and even though that is most definitely not the case, there has to be some truth behind it. Just like the rumor that everyone from Kanakan drinks alcohol like water is not true, but still hints towards the fact that alcohol is an important part of Kanakan culture.
Since we therefore can assume that "wearing armor" is rather common in Zelant (maybe hinting towards a very sophisticated class of armorers), it seems almost impossible that Zelant is based on New Zealand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: