Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Manager Phillip Wellman's Crazy Tantrum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Manager Phillip Wellman's Crazy Tantrum Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone else seen this? I find it to be one of the most hilarious baseball moments I've ever seen. For those of you who haven't seen it, the Mississippi Braves' manager, Phillip Wellman, went crazy upon his ejection from a game. He covered home plate, removed two bases, and yelled like crazy. For those of you who haven't seen it, and are capable of viewing Youtube videos, you can see it right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7CCga0nbG8

So, what do you think of managers and their crazy protests? I live near Seattle, so I grew up with Lou Piniella and I'm accustomed to this sort of thing. I personally find these protests to be part of the appeal of the game. I know that some people get annoyed with managers, but I personally love outbursts like this. What do you think about them?
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems pretty ridiculous to act that way just because you get ejected from a game. For the love of God he's a grown man, not a three year old. But I will admit it does have some entertainment value XD How does someone even manage to get ejected from a game anyway? :?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, yeah, I remember seeing that some time ago. It's funny, but in a way it is pretty sad that a grown man would have to resort to crawling on his belly towards the pitcher mound like he was a special forces commando or something. I can see getting worked up over what you perceive to be poor calls, heck, I can often be found screaming at my television during football games, but that was going a wee bit too far.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will agree with the rest and say it was quite entertaining but that has to be pre-planned. Unless he's an actual certifiable nutjob he had to have planned what to do way in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: