Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WAR Approaches.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Dark Elf tank was suppose to be the Black Guard but it was so overpowered they decided to take it out for the time being to try and balance the class out. If you still want to be Dark Elf then I suggest trying the Disciple of Khaine.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah right, the Black Guard. I had one of them up as my avatar on another site for a while, even. GUess my superficial judgement of their badassery was dead on, if they had to remove it due to balance.

Disciple of Khaine is the healer, right? I don't do healing. Too stressful. Thanks for the tip though.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want to be a straight up badass in the Destruction side then I suggest try either a Marauder or Disciple of Khaine. The Disciple of Khaine is actually quite the badass. Yes, DoK's are healer but they're also quite good at close-combat. In fact, DoK's need to damage their opponents with their blades to gain the necessary blood they need to heal their allies. So, a DoK is pretty much a serial killer who happens to be a doctor at the same time.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm curious as to what classes are popular so far, and what aren't. I was looking over the classes, and finding I like the high elves the best at the moment. With one or two other order classes as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the Order side the most popular class seems to be a toss-up between Empire Warrior Priest and High Elf Swordmaster. Two of the easier classes for the Order. Easy as in straightforward tank for the Swordmaster and Melee DPS/Healer for the Warrior Priest. The Warrior Priest is the Order equivalent of the Destruction Disciple of Khaine in that their abilities get stronger depending on how the battle goes. WP's get righteously pissed off when their allies get hurt and it shows when they start whomping people with those warhammers.

I rather prefer the White Lions and Witch Hunters myself once I can get some feedback from players using them. If Mythic has solved most of the pet pathing bugs for the White Lions then I may just go with them once I start my own proper account and character. Witch Hunters are just kickass Melee DPS once a player gets passed the early stages. Once they hit Tier 2 and on Witch Hunters can pretty much kill anything on the field.

And this below is my brother's Arch-Mage at Tier 2 as of two days ago.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NIce. Yeah I was really liking the Shadow Knights and White Lions, as well as the Witch Hunters and Rune Priests.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Shadow Warriors are pretty good for players who like to fight long-range but still be able to defend themselves when melee fighters get up in their face. The switching from bow to longsword is pretty quick. I've seen people use a combo of both on two separate targets. One moment they're letting off a volley of bowfire at a faraway target then switching to sword to slash at an oncoming fighter. Only problem with Shadow Warriors is that they're not as heavily armoured as Swordmasters and White Lions.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the scouting and skirmishing stuff it what first attracted me to them. Ranged attackers with enough tricks to kill things before they get too close, but even if they do, can still hold their own. And my Horde main is a mage in WoW... glass cannon without the cannon is my specialty

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan, you figure out what race, class and/or guild you will be in?

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going with a High Elf Shadow Warrior, as for server/guild no idea until I actually start playing. Probably an RvR-RP or RvR. A friend bought the game for me, so I'll be getting it sometime next week.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All servers are RvR, do you mean open RvR?

I'm not liking anything on the destruction side. I'll try DoK, but the way it's going I'll either be a marauder or play as Order - probably Witch Hunter.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, RvR-RP servers require players to stay in character. It's actually hilarious seeing everyone trying to speak like an Orc, Dwarf, etc...

Witch Hunter is a good choice and has one of the better character designs for the Order-side. I was thinking of being a WH or a WP but guild I'm planning to join only takes in High Elf players.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Witch Hunters look pretty awesome as well, but I'm not usually a fan of melee dps. It's either tanking or ranged for me.

RP servers tend to be more controlled than other ones. The idiots are less, and the pvp tends to be more fun. And staying in character compels people to work together more and get things done.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if tanking's yer preference and you like the High Elves then Swordmasters are great. Their version of the Black Orc Brawl-system of chaining together attack combos for while able to take on lots of damage is actually very good. They call it the Blade Dance I think. When you hit an opponent successfully you can attack again and again to chain attack together and the animations so far does make it look like a dance of blades. It can be interrupted through range attacks but in the end pair up with a couple other Swordmasters and you can pretty much block a stairway or gateway attacking and defending it while healers behind you make sure you don't die.

WAR's collision detection is going to make their PvP and RvR the standard for future MMO's.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How many characters per account?

So yeah. I'm going with a Shadow Warrior main, as my friend is going with the swordsman. Dark Elves beware! Your death is eminent! :p

(see? Total RP!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: