Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WAR Approaches.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: WAR Approaches. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Warhammer Online is coming closer and closer by the day, with open applications for closed beta available for the first time! is anyone else (other than tull) looking forward to this game?

WAR focuses on a new style of mmo, pitting everyone against each other in gigantic realm vs realm combat, where even PvE quests serve to boost PvP events. with heavy emphasis on competition, they've created a system to make it easier for profiliant players to boost notoriety: customizable armor. not only is your armor more personal, but with more and more PvP comes an even better boost, trophies of war decorate your body, dwarf skalps, orc heads, limbs, and more. As orcs grow stronger, they grow in size, as dwarves grow stronger, their beards grow in size!

there are 6 races, two factions, and nothing but all out chaos. the order of good (dwarves, empire, high elves) pitted against the forces of destruction (chaos, greenskin, dark elves) in segregated warfronts, orcs vs greenskins, empire vs chaos, dark elves vs high elves, each area with goals and quests to push forward and raid cities, take names, kick asses!

plus it doesnt involve barrens chat.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OHHH CRAP

They finally pulled it off then?! They've been working on this one for ages. I'm signing up for beta now.

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: WAR Approaches. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:
...with heavy emphasis on competition, they've created a system to make it easier for profiliant players to boost notoriety...

Why can't we all just get along? T_T On a serious note, I don't think I could play that kind of a game. I'm too nice >.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, on the other hand, am getting tired of the strictly PvE setup in FFXI.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah i've been looking for something more PvP based that doesn't completely suck on my balls. WoW's arena system is too dull IMO.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am definately going to get this. A less strict pvp? YES!! now i can just run around and kill anyone and everyone. BWAHAHAHA *goes into blood thirsty rage*

I have been waiting for this game for a very long time ever since I heard about its announcement. I love the warhammer world and the warhammer games which I have played most of them.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing I like about the sidequests and job system is that they don't have to be all about collecting things for people. As one of the creative directors said in his blog....there's no Bear Paws needed to finish a quest. What this means is that if you happened to kill a boatload of High Elf Shadow Warriors while roaming around the lands. Then you happen meet a Dark Elf NPC along the way who has been looking for people to kill Shadow Warriors for him. Instead of going out to look for more Shadow Warriors to kill you can go tell the DE what you've already done and the quest is over right then and there. I'm guessing its part of the game's AI, but this saves people from having to grind out killing thing's they've already killed.

Philosopher, it looks like your bloodthirsty type may have to settle for either a Black Orc or a Chaos Zealot because Khorne will not be the Chaos God used for the Chaos faction. Tzeencht was the one they chose since it's the one CHaos faction which has a balance of both melee, range and magic-user. Khorne doesn't deal with magic-users so they opted to not use that faction....for now.

I, for one, will go Empire as either a Witch Hunter (who everyone has begun calling the Van Helsing-class) or one of the badass Warrior Priests. The Witch Hunter-class is pretty much one of the heavy offense-types who can do both range and melee attacks, but they sacrifice defense for a ton of attack power. The Warrior Priest-class is not the healer type many people think they are. They're more like the tanks of the Empire who can take on a lot of damage due to their buffs which also impart defense and bonuses to allies around him. The Warrior Priest will also gain attack strenght and bonuses the longer he successfully damages and kills his enemies. So, brekaing his chain attacks is and will be a high priority for players on the forces of destruction side.

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems rather interesting I might actually try this one. I plat the actual minurates and I think it would be interesting to see how they transfer this over to an MMO.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll probably be a dark elf, like I usually am. Unless I don't like the character models. I need to look into the classes a bit more to decide which to be.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw a review of this on television but it did'nt look too awesome, mainly becuase the guy describing it was a jackass and it did'nt really show you much off the game.

I did like Dawn of War which is an awesome RTS, if Lord of the rings online is crap I may check this out.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I saw a review of this on television but it did'nt look too awesome, mainly becuase the guy describing it was a jackass and it did'nt really show you much off the game.

Most TV reviews of video games are like that.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOTRO is for extreme LOTR fans. the gameplay while fun is not captivating in any way and you have to get to level 25 before doing your first real dungeon, which is an extensive waste of time. the game is massive, which i did like, with tonnes of great scenary, but very little content that makes the game grab you and make you play it. I was on the closed beta, and already then the population sucked. If you thought barrens chat was bad, wait until you hear 20 people arguing over the sementics in silmarillion.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dawn of War is an awesome RTS game. I really enjoyed the story. I am also somewhat working on playing Mark Of Chaos but have been busy with other games lately. I read a review of Warhammer online in Gameinformer and their review was really good. I dont quite remember what they said or what they rated it because this was quite a good while back ago, but it was a good review none the less and definately intriqued my interested based on that review.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though the game is not due out until September this year, I've already announced that I will be starting my own guild in this game, and I'd like to extend the invitation to anyone on this site. I've got quite a few members already, and since it will be created officially at launch, it will probably be a major power in whatever server I choose. Is anyone interested?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WITCH HUNTER.....

Yes I shall be playing this game when it comes out late 20never.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: