Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Epilogues

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Epilogues Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This was just a question I had. is there any general time frame associated w/ the epilog at the end of every suiko game? You know, when it gives a brief synapse of what the character does after the war. They seem to be random in the amount of time they associate to each character. i.e, Toma supposedly trained w/ Galleon (i might be wrong w/ that) and eventually enlisted to become an apprentice Queens Knight. Now I know that the Queens Knights of Falena are an elite group comprised of the best warriors in Falena, so in order for him to advance even to apprentice level means he had to have spent some serious time developing his skill. That means his epilog probably spans a number (probably 3 to 4 at a minimum), however other characters epilogs seem much more vauge and short term. I cant think of any specific ones, but I belive Rikimaru's just says something like "Traveled somewhere to pursue his vengence (or whatever..not trying to be perfect here)". This is rather short term if you think about it. I suppose he could have spent an equivalent amount of time traveling to find SANCHEZ given his roudabout way of mooching off everyone (Ok he was a bad example).

The question is: Can a certain span of time be associated w/ each everyones epilog as a whole, perhaps given the time frames between games (such as 1 and 2, or IV and Rapsodia). When it says they go do whatever they go do, does that cover a specific amount of years, or just and unknown variable of time that differs from one character to the next?

I hate you Onimaru.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It differs from character to character. When it says some people do something or go somewhere and are never heard from again, then that includes all time after the ending. "Never" is a strong word after all. Some people died during the war, like Yun or Mathiu, and have shorter ones in terms of time, obviously. Some of them are open-ended while others imply that for the rest of their lives something happened (retired, lived happily, disappeared, etc).

I don't think you can associate any sort of standardized time scale as a whole. It would be no fun that way. If it were say, two years, then what happens after that? Very few characters would have any sort of closure.

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think each character's epilogue attempts to resolve their storyline, at least to some extent. I don't think there's any set number of years involved....it's whatever it takes to resolve their current storyline, or throw some more light on what happened to them in their current quest.

Few epilogues reveal any surprises though.....merchants tend to remain merchants, wanderers and mysterious people tend to disappear, mercenary soldiers move on to other conflicts, old people settle down into quiet lives, etc. Child characters are more open-ended in their epilogues, obviously.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It varies in length with each character.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there no general time table that we can disern from the consitency/lack of consitency in the time alotted to each character's epilog and the end of each game? If there is a pattern, perhaps we could disern ways to establish a higher likely for characters reappearing in the series. I dont know if anyones taken a look at the epilogs of each character and compared them (probably want to look at the ones who returned in the following game) to see if there were any common elements in their epilogs that might give away who the future reacurrings are.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The different circumstances surrounding each character make that impossible, considering we only ever see a handful of characters that are re-used in later Suikoden titles. So I don't think any attempt by us to make some sort of approximation would ever be accurate enough.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kika's was annoying. "Dies at sea" and yet, we see her in Suikoden Tactics. Thing is, some of the other characters of Suiko4 that appeared in SuikoT (Jeremy, the chick that was set to marry Reinbach, the dude that thinks he's sick all the time, etc.) all had their Suiko4 endings played out before Suikoden Tactics took place. Kika's Suiko4 ending doesn't even take place during SuikoT, or right after it (at least officially). We just have to assume her confirmed death takes place eventually.

I was actually kind of hoping Kika would die in SuikoT, and give her character some closure or something...since we all knew she would be dying at sea and such...

^Actual quote!
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Characters who travel abroad (in their epilogues) tend to have the highest probability of reappearing in future games. Killey, Lorelai and Georg Prime would be recent examples (from Suikoden 5).
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolf Stew wrote:
Characters who travel abroad (in their epilogues) tend to have the highest probability of reappearing in future games. Killey, Lorelai and Georg Prime would be recent examples (from Suikoden 5).

I agree, I think Kyle is definately a front runner in this regard to appear in a new Suikoden.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
I agree, I think Kyle is definately a front runner in this regard to appear in a new Suikoden.

Kyle? I think you mean Killey, Uji. I don't think Kyle travelled to faraway lands at the end of Suikoden V. . . or did he?

Well, anyway, I don't think there's a set time or pattern to the characters' epilogues. I think it makes it look more realistic and better that way.

Last edited by Ryusei on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Kyle? I think you mean Killey, Uji. I don't think Kyle travelled to faraway lands at the end of Suikoden V. . . or did he?

Suikoden V wrote:
Tenko Star: Kyle
Retires from the Queen's Knights, but instead of returning home to Lelcar,
lives a life of peace and quiet abroad.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, okay then, I must've forgotten. Sorry... But hey, it says he lives a life of peace and quiet, right? Well, I guess he wouldn't return to any more wars if he really does so.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm willing to bet he'll be in a future game living a "peaceful" life until being recruited.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that could work too, but don't you think it'll somehow ruin his Suikoden V epilogue when that happens? Not that I don't want to see him back though. But yeah, that could work.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Retired? But he's so young.

Oh, whatever. They let Lyon and Miakis, two little anim girls, into the knighthood. Falena's knights are about as geniunely knight-like as Rokkaku's ninjas are genuinely ninja-like.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: