Suikoden United and Illusional Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Guitar Hero III
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero III Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171400.html

Confirmed songs on the track so far

* Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
* Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
* Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
* The Metal (by Tenacious D)
* My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
* Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
* Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
* School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
* Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
* Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

I think I am going to have to buy a playstation 3 now...

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Paint it Black is hardly a guitar heavy song apart from the introduction. I suppose the whole point of the game is just so people can play along to the popular songs though...
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Paint It Black being included since it would make for a good start-up song for new players. One thing I hate most about rhythm type games are when they make all the songs brutally hard. The object of the game is to pull people in and inserting easy levels and tracks in the beginning should do just that. Hell, if you want a guitar heavy song then put Slayer in there. Or any of those crazy-funny Satanic Norwegian Black Metal Shad listens to. I'm sure he'll want Burzum, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, and Immortal to name a few. :)

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats all just distorted guitar riffs with screaming over it though, how about some classics? For a game like this it'd surely pull in people (of all ages) to play famous guitarist's solos like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page's etc.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind classic blues rock guitarists to be added, but I'm thinking they'll be using more recent bands and acts (recent as in the past 20 years) and try to limit going back into the 70's and 60's. I mean if you want heavy and complex guitar sounds with a blues sound and tempo to it then put Jeff Beck, Peter Green and Duane Allman up in there.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea how you can argue that they're not including hard enough songs and then whine about having no hendrix to play. and black metal would be a great addition, if misirlou can just be there for the "retardedly fast strumming" song then so should "christraping black metal" by marduk. my complaint would be that GH2 wasn't hard enough, with only freebird, six, and jordan posing any kind of threat, there should have been more content to the game to make it more of a challenge.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like this track so far and playing the songs by Muse and Tenacious D should be quite fun and some of these songs hopefully should prove to be quiet difficult. I agree with retrospect in the fact that the difficulty level on the current Guitar heroes is not all that hard.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:
I have no idea how you can argue that they're not including hard enough songs and then whine about having no hendrix to play.

I have no idea how you can interpret the phrase "guitar-heavy" as the completely different phrase "heavy metal" either! :P
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shame there's no rock covers of classic flamenco tunes. Now those would be listed under difficult.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
retrospect. wrote:
I have no idea how you can argue that they're not including hard enough songs and then whine about having no hendrix to play.

I have no idea how you can interpret the phrase "guitar-heavy" as the completely different phrase "heavy metal" either! :P

"Thats all just distorted guitar riffs with screaming over it though, how about some classics?" I assumed you were talking about how metal was just retarded and not good like hendrix or clapton, like i hear all too often.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually starting to hear the music in black metal when before I thought it was just noise. I think with people like myself, and (I am going to assume) ujitsuna who are more into the blues, it takes a tad longer to appreciate discordant sounds from black metal. But it is there once one goes beyond the screeching and roaring front man.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like some black metal (theres no genre I don't love really), it's just my opinion it has no place in Guitar Hero at all.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
I like some black metal (theres no genre I don't love really), it's just my opinion it has no place in Guitar Hero at all.

Actually, Harmonix has included very, loud, fast riffs in past music rhythm games they've developed. They included Fear Factory's Frequency in Frequency. Harmonix included Slipknot's I Am Hated in Amplitude. I think technically black metal can work in Guitar Hero III and they really should try included a couple. It might just pull in fans of the music who normally wouldn't have picked up the game.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not to mention that they have put some GODAWFUL SHIT in guitar hero games in the past. Freezepop, Made In Mexico, etc. Half the bonus tracks were so bad that I've only played them a small handful of times and a few only once. I'd gladly sacrifice some of the shit bands that were only added to appease the ddr anime loving onion kids who play rhythm games. Hopefully though they've learned with guitar hero that isn't the major demographic anymore, and they include more legit music and less 30 songs by bands we made up.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With Guitar Hero III you might just get a more eclectic slate of bands and songs since Harmonix won't be developing the game. Harmonix doesn't own the rights to the series. They're coming out with their own music rhythm game called Rock Band to come out the same time as Guitar Hero III.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: