Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Metaphysical, Spirtual World?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John 20:24-29, specifically, the Doubing Thomas entry at wikipedia tells me. Feel free to look it up if you'd like, it's short. :P

Eh??? I'm not tryng to get into any belief in God discussion. :? I have no idea what you're refering to there? 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just referring to the thread, really, not you or anyone else. methaphysical discussions always end up as them, i try not to tread there. essentially when it comes to discussions of this nature i find the bible is irrelevant, citations and stories aren't the point, etc. again though i'm not saying anyone is arguing this, rather how i feel about the bible and why i dont get into it.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Eden wrote:
Nirvana isn't the same as heaven, because one is a place and the other is some kind of state of mind and feelings...

Nirvana is spiritual death, the annihilation of the self, so it is misguiding to call it a "state of mind and feelings". There is no mind left, much less feelings. Calling Heaven a "place" can also be problematic.

Well, I admit that I am far away from being an expert, but even I can see (now) that my desription of Nirvana entirely missed the truth and was, in fact, the complete opposite. Thank you for correcting me. I understand that Nirvana is the complete absence of feelings, which are the source of all pain and suffering in buddhist believe. Please correct me if I misunderstood this again.

Well, I am not aware of the real belief in heaven, but although it isn't really a physical place, where you exist with your body, isn't calling it a place true enough? If they are with god, but I don't think of it as some form of place, I rather think of some kind of spiritual mass without real individualism and I am sure that would be wrong.

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: