Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Metaphysical, Spirtual World?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: A Metaphysical, Spirtual World? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because the "signs from God" topic is careening into a different direction, it is high time for a more fit topic.

I have saved people from the "off topic demon" by leaving this open to all faiths and saving people from being boxed into the topic of particular religions or a "is there a Heaven and does Jehovah want me there?"

Here is where you can debate spirits, angels, damnation, reincarnation, Summerland and what not.

Living spirits, Vengfull ghosts, and anything that pertains to it. Evidence for and against such and comparing and contrasting faiths and how alike one's god will be to another's.

Have fun, keep it clean and watch out for misinformation! (wikipedia I am looking at you!)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had an interesting thought going around my head for a little while now. This isn't necessarily my belief, it's only a postulation.

This is Christian based.

Granted that God is outside of, or has control over, time couldn't it be possible that when you die He transports you through time to the rapture. It mentions in Revelations that the graves will open up and the sea will spit out the dead, which gives support to this theory.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are things we dont understand in this world. I am not a religious person at all, but howewer, i am a bit a man of faith, i like to think things happen according to something. The opposite would be too chaotic and random. Things do follow a pattern, in my opinion (very abstractly said), but if it is due to a superior being, a God, ETS, just evolution, etc is something that should be answered the day we die (at least if there is something after death), but honest, I am not in a hurry to know :*laugh*:
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i look at it rather dismally. any chance of proving metaphysical existence will never happen in my lifetime. granted if there is and i die and something happens to my metaphysical existence then i'd have no need for physical proof at that point.

basically i don't care if there is or isnt, since i'll never know until it's too late.

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am confused. Really. Although I believe in God and I am Christian. After death is kind of perplexing for me. In Christian beliefs, people said that good people will join God in heaven. There will only be happiness in heaven. While bad people go to the fires of hell.

I don't know if it is a Christian belief but some people say that there is a life cycle. All living things reincarnates after their death. It might take thousand of years because of the population. Some people might get reincarnated into animals and vice versa.

About, Deja Vu. Some say Deja Vu is a repeated experience that heppened in our life or past life. I had this experience once. I think that experience was the reason of my being claustrophobic. I was getting cornered by my male classmates. Of course, they weren't really going to do something to me but their eyes looked really aroused. It seems they wanted to rape me. When I again looked at their eyes, deja vu occured to me. There were guys of number just like my classmates cornering me. Their eyes was just like my classmates' eyes. The different thing was the guys in the deja vu were naked. I was so scared so I shrieked. My classmates asked me why I shrieked even I knew they weren't going to something to me.

That deja vu never happened in my whole life. It wasn't an imagination. I'm sure of that. I think it's my past life. After that event, I always get so scared whenever I'm cornered by chairs, tables, people and other stuff. I just hate it.

Of course, I still have faith in God. I believe that he will still lead us to heaven. But I was always thinking of my deja vu happenings. It perplexes me. I'm not in a hurry to know. But if we had a past life, did we even have the chance to know what happened to us? What if we won't really know what will happen after death? Hmmm.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blue star wrote:
I am confused. Really. Although I believe in God and I am Christian. After death is kind of perplexing for me. In Christian beliefs, people said that good people will join God in heaven. There will only be happiness in heaven. While bad people go to the fires of hell.

I don't know if it is a Christian belief but some people say that there is a life cycle. All living things reincarnates after their death. It might take thousand of years because of the population. Some people might get reincarnated into animals and vice versa.

There are a lot of people on this board, who know more about this topic, but I can say that the circle of existences is no christian belief. I mean, it's one of their imminent pillars, that your life is the only one and you have in fact only this chance to live a good life which leads to god or a bad one which leads you to hell.
Buddhists do believe in this circle and that you will be reborn as human being, plant or animal, depending on your Karma and the only choice o escape this circle is to reach Nirvana... I can't really explain it, but Nirvana isn't the same as heaven, because one is a place and the other is some kind of state of mind and feelings...

The Fool
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nimble Jack wrote:
I've had an interesting thought going around my head for a little while now. This isn't necessarily my belief, it's only a postulation.

This is Christian based.

Granted that God is outside of, or has control over, time couldn't it be possible that when you die He transports you through time to the rapture. It mentions in Revelations that the graves will open up and the sea will spit out the dead, which gives support to this theory.

I was going to bring that up, for some reason over dinner someone said Catholic belifes prohibit creamation, I just kept my mouth shut because I dind't want to be wrong in saying "guh, I think it is because one day every dead person's body will come back to life/those dead Catholics will need their bodies again" To me that is almost remincent of the Achient Egyption belifes that a body is needed in an afterlife. (but not a brain...:P)

Quote:
I mean, it's one of their imminent pillars, that your life is the only one and you have in fact only this chance to live a good life which leads to god or a bad one which leads you to hell.

well yeh, but then again there is always forgivness. I once saw things, and asked things. Like that classic "Ghandi in hell and Hitler in heaven?" If Adolf Hitler repented and accepted Jesus he could go to heaven, but someone else who has done good in life but wasn't Christain gets to be broiled for eternity. Or so the Gospial acording to Jack Chick says.

Quote:
About, Deja Vu. Some say Deja Vu is a repeated experience that heppened in our life

its acctualy a brain fart and your brain forgets things and memories. what is worse is having Deja Vu in a dream dreaming you are dreaming. I truly do hate that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
retrospect.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

I was going to bring that up, for some reason over dinner someone said Catholic belifes prohibit creamation, I just kept my mouth shut because I dind't want to be wrong in saying "guh, I think it is because one day every dead person's body will come back to life/those dead Catholics will need their bodies again" To me that is almost remincent of the Achient Egyption belifes that a body is needed in an afterlife. (but not a brain...:P)

do catholic bodies not decompose like everyone else's?

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:

of course. that what makes some people confussed about that "the bodies will rise from the graves" or what ever it is, "what about those dead for hundreds and hundreds of years?" I guess they get all patched up huh?

retrospect.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that or points out the glaring fact that religious text is methaphorical, one or the other.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:
kuwaizair wrote:

Catholic belief does not prohibit cremation, so your source is wrong, kuwaizair. Since Vatican II, cremation is officially considered to be more or less equivalent to a traditional burial.
In the past cremation was indeed banned by the Church, but that was a liturgical law, based on tradition and the symbolic value of the ritual - and that's all. To assume that the Church believed and taught that "cremation prevented the afterlife" or something like that completely misses the point. The law against cremation was also never a part of the depositum fidei, the doctrine of faith (otherwise nobody could ever change it anyway). Like I said, it was only a liturgical law, so the claim that "Catholic belifes prohibit creamation" (sic!) is completely incorrect even when referring to the past.

Eden wrote:
Nirvana isn't the same as heaven, because one is a place and the other is some kind of state of mind and feelings...

Nirvana is spiritual death, the annihilation of the self, so it is misguiding to call it a "state of mind and feelings". There is no mind left, much less feelings. Calling Heaven a "place" can also be problematic.
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Christian belief in 'comming out of your graves' is not about being a zombie. Using Christ's rise from the dead as an example, when people raise from the dead they will recieve a new 'resurected' body. That's why Christ was able to walk through walls. You might say that He was God and so He could do what He wanted; however, He chose to be bound by human limits when He was born of the Virgin Mary. Which in turn is justified when He gave the Great Commison and said "greater things than me", meaning that signs and miracles would be performed that would be greater than those that Jesus did and are recorded in the Bible.
retrospect.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nimble Jack wrote:
That's why Christ was able to walk through walls.

uh... when did THAT happen?

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:
Nimble Jack wrote:
That's why Christ was able to walk through walls.

uh... when did THAT happen?

Somewhere in the Gospel of John. The Doubting Thomas story, specificially. He and the apolosts lock themselves up in a tower (for fear of the authorities coming after them) but Jesus comes through the closed door and says peace be with you.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
retrospect.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

weird, i've never even heard references to that and my parents are incredibly religious. anyways. i dont feel like getting into another i believe in god i dont believe in god discussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: