Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A very pissed of Valeria fan.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanosukeii

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: A very pissed of Valeria fan. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This has nothing to do with Valeria, nor Suikoden whatsoever, but I am pissed off! I am at UC Irvine right now, waiting for my boyfriend to finish his final. What really pissed me off was that he introduced me to some of his classmates as his friend. Just a friend! :?

I've had this happen to me before with another guy, and it really makes me want to cry.

Please give me your support! :cry:
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that either means the boyfriend is shy, or he doesn't think you are his girlfriend. Either way, if you are troubled by it, you should tell him. Good luck!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well yeah, I agree with SARSadmin. One thing that you have to do is to talk to him, and ask him why before you jump into any conclusion. It's possible that his friends might make fun of him somehow if they know that he has a girlfriend, so he doesn't want them to know. But then again, it's also possible that he was just a jerk that needed a butt kicking. Anyways, just talk to him first, and then react accordingly. =D

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If he really thinks that you are his girlfriend, you should dump him. It's obvious he doesn't have the confidence in himself to admit to his friends that he likes you. This isn't your problem, it is his. Make it his problem, and if he doesn't make it up to you the way he should, you deserve a lot better, so go out and find someone that is.

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea that sucks but it happens. He might have done it on accident, not realizing what he said or it may have been done purposly. It all comes down to how much it bothers you, if it really bothers you as it seems it might then tell him about it but if it isn't that big of a deal then don't worry about it. Anyway good luck with whatever you decide.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any true boyfriend or girlfriend for that matter would have no problem introducing you to their friends as boyfriend or girlfriend.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that sounds odd and rather dismissive; if he really thinks of you as his other half, he should be able to do so openly. this type of introduction would make me wonder about him; might want to ask him what the problem is, and if he can't answer you definitively, it's time to walk away, because that is the answer.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...maybe you jumped to conclusions, and there was never any defining moment where he thought of you as his girlfriend? :?

I'm just introducing a new scenario. I'm probably wrong. But yeah, seems like there's a major communication issue there. I'd be more than a little miffed. Make him go bye bye!

(I'm very harsh when it comes to men.)
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Avenge him, introduce him to your friends as just another friend.

But seriously, like Ajora said, did he ever think of your relationship with him as a couple in love? If you/he told the other your/his feeling, the fault is on him, told him how he hurts your feeling. If the reaction is not well, just dump him. But what if it's only you that think you are? that noone of you have ever told each other's feelings, and you jump to the conclusion because he's so close to you?
If the later is the case, simply said, told him your feeling...

I guess I'm not a good love consultant...

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How long have you been with him, exactly? Perhaps he isn't ready to admit to everyone that he -has- a significant other. It's a shame, but it's a hard thing for a guy to admit. You should talk to him, see what he thinks. I'm assuming that if you're upset about him not acknowledging you as his other half, that he's publically out? If he isn't, it's probably time to drag him out; if he already is, then you've definately some room to be upset.

Either way I truly wish you the best of luck in this.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow, we can post things like this? anway its a shame I guess for him to not tell anyone what your realtionship really is.

now I don't feel bad for feeling inclined to post and pour my heart out.
anway I'd um...chew him out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^^^

I like your style, Scheherazade. Revenge is definently the best thing to do in this situation (since it is a pretty bad thing for a boyfriend to do to his girl), but there is a much better way to get back at him.

Now, Sch's suggestion might hurt him for a few minutes, or at the most about an hour (if he even notices which is a fat chance). Next time you get together with his friends call him cutesy names and play grab ass in front of them all like a couple of 14 year olds. They'll be making fun of him for weeks within minutes, and you'll get your point across.

And don't forget that guys and girls think about these things differently. It sounds like you just started going out (not to assume), and he might still be getting used to the idea that you are his girlfriend, it took me a few weeks the first time.

And while I'm on the ball here, I might suggest talking to him about it. Most of us get enough crap because we don't talk enough...and that's because you all do it so often that it confuses us.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Handling the situation like a 15 year old is not the way to make amends. Better yet, skip the revenge, and just do what any mature adult should do, like everyone has been saying. Either relook at the relationship that you had with this guy (whether it was friendly, personal, romantic, etc) or talk to him about why he did it and get him to admit what he's feeling. Not all guys are jack asses, nor will every one of them make these mistakes, which some people seem to be implying. You just seem to have bad luck with the male species :( Good luck.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides, if he doesn't realize what he did and you go through with the revenge idea (which I don't recommend anyway), he might not notice and you'd be back at square one and probably more angry. Conversation is always best.

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WAIT WAIT WAIT. You all might be wrong.

As others have stated, how long has this "relationship" been going on? Are you sure he knows that you think of him as your boyfriend? Methinks that maybe he referred to you as a "friend" because he doesn't know how you'd react to being called a girlfriend. Remember WOMEN ARE 2304238975897% MORE DIFFICULT TO FIGURE OUT THAN MEN ARE. Going with that, it's quite possible that he didn't refer to you as his girlfriend because he wasn't sure if, afterwards, you'd take him aside and chastise him for "calling you his girlfriend when it's not true" <--- that would be the hypothetical statement running through his head.

I know it's possible because it sounds like something I'd do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: