Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

John Rambo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And yet, this movie may just become a cult hit and surprise people for actually turning out to be good. I mean people thought Rocky Balboa was going to blow chunks but turned out to be quite good. The fact that Stallone is not playing down his advanced age and bloated physique tells me that he gets it. Now, the best thing to happen is if he ends up dying to save the "white people".

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
This looks great on a Chuck Norris slapping people level

I believe Steven Segal would have something to say about that! :mrgreen:

This movie seems to be going a bit more graphic on the others with the kills that we have seen so far in the trailer.

Interesting to see what rating this gets.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Idon't see this movie getting nothing but a R-rating. MPAA really quite soft when it comes to violence (gratuitous or not) on the big screen. Now, if the movie has a sex scene between Rambo and one of the missionaries then all bets are off and its NC-17 territory now.

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To me Rambo is the kind of dude that if he would greet you at the cinema door he would tell you:

1-Do you enjoy blood? YES
2-Do you like explosions? YES
3-Do you fancy macho yelling? YES

Then this is your flick. I just love movies in which I can quietly unplug my brain and enjoy the violence.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Balthier wrote:

This movie seems to be going a bit more graphic on the others with the kills that we have seen so far in the trailer.

i was surprised when i saw the trailer of how some of the kill spots were bloody. surprised and glad :mrgreen:

here's an interesting note for those who watch wrestling. a while back when rocky balboa came out sly did an interview on raw with jerry the king lawler and lawler asked him if there was a chance to end the rambo series like he did with rocky. he said that he was thinking about it and now he finally did it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crap! Youtube took it off, as usual. So, does anyone have another link? I LOVE Rambo!

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

believe the commerical said that it's coming out on january 25th.

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you didn't find the trailer Ezekiel, here's another link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8M1KiXWWTxg

I have to say I was surprised at the level of violence in the trailer, watching the trailer made me want to play Soldier of Fortune again since they're almost on par for mindless and OTT violence. Its going to be awesome, there are too few proper violent hero movies these days.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, finally someone found the red band trailer. For some perverse way I still get a huge smile when Rambo decapitates the one soldier then fires the .50 caliber machine gun into the other soldier in the driver seat. Anyone who says that's over-the-top well a .50 cal machine gun burst point blank into someone will make them literally explode. :)

Stallone looks old, pudgy and just about time for him to lay down and die in this movie. I think the fact Stallone didn't try to get all buff and pretty and instead look like he does in the movie is a good thing. Nothing like a crazy, old white guy going all "native" on the bad guys to make for what looks to be quite the entertaining movie.

I am definitely going to be first in line on the 25th of January to see this movie.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They didn't have a midnight screening at the theater near my house, but then I can see why. It's not like it's Cloverfield with a big hype surrounding it. I do have my tickets for later this afternoon. Once I am out of work I shall be off to see this. Anyone else going to see the movie sometime this weekend?

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

possible, i may wait a week or so, so it won't be crowded.

retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

caught it opening night. awesome.

the movie can be summed up in two words: blood, and dirt. lots of both.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how do you think it rates to the other rambo movies? best one, middle or worst?

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They needed to quit speaking. The dialogue was painful to listen to, in my opinion. A lot of the first part, such as the philosophical arguing between the woman and Rambo, was not convincing at all.

It was good once all of the senseless violence, killing, and dying came in. I say it averages out to an all right movie. If you go in late, then it's probably a great movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: