Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

John Rambo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: John Rambo Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First he comes back with a very entertaining Rocky Balboa and now he will bookend it with his other iconic character: John J. Rambo.

This trailer was shown at a studio party at the Cannes Film Festival happening now. Aint It Cool News and Harry Knowles were the first to host it and it's gotten some very good response from the people who have seen it. From what they show I am quite interested in seeing this movie.

John Rambo exclusive trailer

Last edited by Tullaryx on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD.... AGAIN. god i cannot wait. you dont even realize.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man, I like the machine gun to the driver = splodey driver. The Patrick Swayze Roadhouse throat attack was also quite cool.

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks great.First i thought ''oh well its just another rambo movie''....but wait,there is blood,looks kinda gore and Stallone still kicks ass.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
retrospect.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

too many forget the glory of the original first blood.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A new Rambo movie? Hmm, Rocky went well but this is obviously only announced off Balboa's success as a modern adaption.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna, i dont think so.....i believe this was ear marked well before Rocky Balboa was released......but i could be mistaken. :P

I will give it a look...hopefully it will be good!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never seen a Rambo movie before. Is that bad?

That trailer looks okay (seems a little 80s, but that's probably the point) but could someone perhaps explain the backstory a little? Why's Rambo all sad and mopey.

Also, how is Rambo able to destroy an army with so much plastic on him? Surely it's melt in the oppresive heat? Especially as he looks like a blacksmith...;) Sorry, just playing around!

I did hear that only Rambo I (First Blood?) is worth watching as the others are tosh.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
retrospect.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First Blood is a legitimately excellent movie, develops his character, makes a social commentary, and blows up a small town that is about 30 minutes away from me. Worth seeing over and over and over again. The other two are just hokey junk.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First Blood was filmed in your neck of the woods? I actualy thought it was filmed in the Northwest area of the US. Around that time making movies in the US wasnt as expensive as it is nowadays.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it was filmed in Hope, BC. coincidently just north of northwestern US.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's cool. You should try visiting the place and see the areas they filmed the scenes in. I'm sure the town has some sort of celebrity tour or some similar type thing.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not really, it's really horribly dismal and mostly just a gas stop before you go north, I've been through many times and remember seeing places that I recognized from the movie (main strips, etc). it's a quaint little hole in the hills, i generally have no reason to ever go out that way though.

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This looks great on a Chuck Norris slapping people level, but really makes it insane is the "Save the white People!" plot. I mean, Asians can be getting massacred right and left and Rocky is unmoved, but oh snap, once those white people get in trouble, the world is gonna pay.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can just imagine the main actress:

eeewww, Sly is drooling again. Why do I have to work wth this old guy? He farts a lot and it stinks>.<

Come on man, he should just give it up!
?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: