Suikoden Unique and Illusional Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Strategists no more & other changes from phase 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Strategists no more & other changes from phase 16 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Due to changes in the mechanics of how the nation systems work, the position of "strategist" will be scrapped, meaning there will no longer be any official designation. Each nation is free to call people strategists and whatnot, but it won't mean a darned thing to me.

The reason is--originally strategists were created so that they have the ability to change the number of troops via the cash modification power. This power is no longer necessary because you no longer need to modify stuff like that to submit battle rosters.

I also prefer to limit the number of people who have access to special powers. Lately there has been increased cases of abuse of given powers, and this is a concern. You can't really maintain trust when some people abuse their privileges, and without trust a community can die rather quickly.

Another problem that has been brought up and discussed between nation leaders is that the title of "strategist" is dangerous from the perspective of leadership--there have been more than a few cases of strategists having the title get to their head, causing massive trouble for the nation by taking matters into their own hands. The idea that strategists exist to support the nation leader is something I have been pushing, but some have ignored this plea of mine (and most all of these people are no longer with us in this forum). If having an official designation of this kind is what leads to these strange circumstances, I'd be happy to get rid of it so that we can be free from the end result. Of course, the cause may be something else, but I'll give this a try.

Meanwhile, starting phase 16 all alliance forums will be allowed to have access by up to three members / nation. This would likely be a reduction in the number of people who can access these forums due to the current rule that nation leaders, vice leaders, moderators, and strategists can all join alliance forums (which can easily total to 5 or 6 people). Information leaks are a problem, and it's best to be very selective about who you send to alliance forums. The three members sent to each alliance forum don't have to be moderators or even nation leaders. Also, if a nation is in multiple alliances, they can send different people to each alliance forum (this is mainly to avoid conflicts of interest).

Meanwhile, few other "positions" will be granted to each nation; each nation can call them whatever they like.

1) War Helper - A person who has access to "lookingglass" (the DOI input program), so if their nation leader, vice-leader, or moderator is too busy, they can help with the DOI. They're pretty much like strategists, but with less responsibilities.

2) Overseer - A person who has soldier / potch manipulation power so that they can help out with all the work necessary to coordinate the nation's investment. They're like ministers of the interior, etc.

3) Foreign Minister - A person who has the power to add/remove ambassadors from their own nation. They'll be in charge of who should be ambassadors to other nations and inform the admins around the time DOIs are supposed to be submitted.

Each nation is encouraged to be creative with their titles if they intend to use any of the above. Some nations won't even need any of the above stuff, and that's all fine and dandy. Other delegation-intensive nations would probably need to use the above positions.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, and if people can get me their lists of the above people (War Helpers, Oversses, Foreign Ministers and a list of people allowed access to Alliance Boards before phase 16, that's great.

The way, things can roll ahead smoothly :D

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will Moderators and Vice Leaders have the abilities of the War helpers, Overseer and Foriegn Ministers?
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Strategists no more & other changes from phase 16 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
1) War Helper - A person who has access to "lookingglass" (the DOI input program), so if their nation leader, vice-leader, or moderator is too busy, they can help with the DOI. They're pretty much like strategists, but with less responsibilities.

At least war helper is only additional to the already existing people with the necessary opportunities to do it.

The Fool
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They'll have the abilities of War Helpers and Overseers as they will have access to Looking Glass and the cash modification program, but they will not have the ability of Foreign Ministers. This is moreso due to the limitation of the forum engine itself.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya know, I actually like the sound of all these changes. I never experienced it, as far as I know, but I can totally imagine the problem you mentioned with strategists happening. So I don't blame you for wanting to eliminate the position all together.

All in all sounds like a good thing.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, and as you can see these new positions have been added to the nation profiles, which can awkwardly be reached by clicking on the names of each nation on the region list, which you can get to via the nation systems link at the top of this page.
Pinkeldork

Pinkledork goons

112247 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Getting rid of strategists? If their heads are getting too big, why not just let me eat them? Or is this just an excuse to starve me to death!? The mighty Pinkeldork sees through your schemes, Cat Thing!

Further, your nation profile device has a serious flaw, the New Dukedom of Prandt shows up as the Nameless Lands, and some floozy called Shrew is listed as the Nation Leader. If my rights to dictatorship are not respected, I will have no choice but to raise a zombie army and establish a sovereign zombie state!

It will smell like rotting flesh for miles! This is not something to enjoy as you eat your EggMcMuffin with extra cheese!

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: