Suikoden United and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

More suikoden Titles!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: More suikoden Titles!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No questions! More Suikoden!!!
From the month that each Suikoden is released until however long it takes to beat the game, are the best moments in my life. I could owe Donald Trump six hundred thousand dollars, but i wouldn't care as long as I got to play a new Suikoden game...But my question is, would the Suikdoen be better or worse if there were more released?
It's hard to say because if there were more, it would cover what had happened in between the years of each game. In between the first two games there were only three years, so that wasn't as big of a deal, but from the second there was an enormous gap of fifteen years. That's a lot different than the Suikoden III to Suikoden IV timeset of spoiler --->150 yrs<---spoiler. In that fifteen years, there was the creation of a new world, and a rebellion from Harmonia...Even though it was a ruse that SARSadmin had created about the new HighEast Rebellion game, it would have still been interesting to play the story, insted of discussing it in a site forum.
But on the other hand, the minimal release of only three games, four to come, somewhat makes the story that much more original. Not to degrade Final Fantasy more than it already has been, the stories have somewhat followed the same skeleton within the last five titles, except FFXI. With only three Suikoden games to admire, it gives the player the ability to focus as much as possible on the characters and plot from each game, in order to fully grasp the next. Plus, there are so many characters in the game that it would be extremely diffcult to spawn a new cast every year.
So in your opinion, would more titles increase the popularity of Suikoden?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course it would. But it would probably lessen the greatness of the game. Suikoden 3 was, to some hardcore Sui fans, a complete failure. They didn't bat an eye at Suikoden 4 and could care less. However, Millions more jumped onto the Suikoden series because of 3 and because it was new.

It happened with Suikoden 2 also.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They will continue making more Suikoden titles as long as they are profitable.
They will also bring it out of Japan if they think they can still make profit out of it.
Or they could make more Suikoden titles and not bring it out of Japan, which is happening currently anyway.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they will make atleast two or three more games after Suikoden 4, because there is so many different areas in Suikoden. One of te ones that I think Suikoden Five will take place in is the Queendom of Falena (if that's how you say it). I hope they start bringing all the Suikoden stuf out of Japan like the Suikogaidens or the cards.
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a hunch they're going to have to eventually end the series entirely (and let's face it, all good things must come to an end eventually, found this out the hard way about a wonderful relationship I was in that ended abruptly after 7 months time), but when they do, it'll be with a bang! I think you'll have to travel the entire world (I mean ALL of it) to get the 108 Stars of Destiny, and then and only then will it all be revealed. It'd make sense to me.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Travel the whole Suikoden world. That's not a very clever idea.

It's like saying in the last suikoden, you can play as all the heroes and all 108 stars of destiny from every game join you.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not true man. Being able to travel the world and using every character every first off dom't make sense.

Different ages, some people would be dead over others. Ie Mathiu, and such.

Second, why wouldn't they make a game featuring the whole world? It's not as "childish" as it sounds. I'm tellin you. Harmonia is like USA. They want the world. They can get the world. For all you know the last game will be like I said oh so many months ago. In a different way everyone is goin up against Harmonia.

Anything can happen, It's Konami. I mean......look at Metal Gear.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as we Suikoden fans can love the game and everything about it so much, remember that konami really doesn't care. They are making the games for the profit. If ever comes a day that Suikoden is no longer profitable to them, they would simply cease its production. On the other hand, more Suikoden would come if there are sufficient fans to support it.

Also, about the supposed final Suikoden game, really, i think such a game will not exist. It is unlikely that a definite final game will be produced to make it in a finalised manner. Why? Suikoden is a continuative series. While they produce they current forth game, they wouldn't know if they're gonna produce a fifth game. Similarly, while making the fifth game, they woudn't know if a sixth game should ensue.

This means, Konami will constantly make the games in the suikoden series sequealable. In this sense, if it is able to continue, they will do so. But if it comes that they decide not to go on, Suikoden will sadly be left in a loose end.

Yeah...
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know....Suikoden can end....

If you think about it, about 1/3 of the world is friendly with each other. Toran and Dunan. The Grasslands and Zexen make that about Half, because they are also firendly. Harmonia is a badguy, Highland was surpressed, Falena hasn't been touched, and they are hitting the islands.

Before long, they are going to run out of an area to focus the game on, and they have already touched on how many true runes?

If the story isn't original, then it's not going to be a good game, seeing as we play Suikoden for the story. I mean, good gameplay without a story, is like....eww.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You do realise that there is a place called the Western Continent mentioned in III, yes? Of all the different version of Falena's location, none of it pointed to the west, so this unrevealed continent should contain some other currently unknown countries to make up a proper continent.

There is also the Northern Outlands. Who knows how big would that be?

Furthermore I don't see how Falena would be just be another island in the middle of nowhere. Assuming that it would not make an appearance in IV, I'd like to see how this Queendom interacts with its neighbours. As for its relative location to Toran and Dunan, those conflicting 'official' infos running around should at least tell us that Konami did not forget Falena. They just forgot to fix a location for her.

Lastly, who knows what kinds of countries lie beyond those Islands in the south. No one knows for sure, do you?
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is never going to be an end, sure the Suikoden world is going through a more peaceful phase after Suikoden III, but there is still the matter of Tinto becoming an indepedent republic and then having their own politics with Dunan and the Grasslands. It is only a matter of time before someone in Toran is upset with the Presidential proceedings or someone with the Sovereign Rune claiming to be the True Rune appointed leader of the nation is capable of uniting a substantially large enough group to be able to take back Toran which by this stage will have become corrupted under the Presidential rule. I think the possibilities for turmoil and changing politics with the Suikoden world are endless, so long as the runes remain out of balance and in chaos (instead of progressing towards the order Luc was so worried about) there will continue to be more games.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I always felt that Luc was wrong about Chaos being a better state than Order. If Luc DID destroy his rune, the scales would have tipped towards chaos, ja? While order certainly wasn't a good way to live, neither would absolute chaos. What Luc was missing was that things needed balance.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, whats important to me is that Konami better not end the Suikoden series without having revealed ALL 27 true runes...

And i could think of Suikoden 7 being the final one, and i suppose if Konami would conclude it, it should involve Harmonia and Mr Hikusaak...

There are still room for Suikoden... Falena is one place begging for a suikoden game, and there are the outlands. And also, the southlands, and places like Kanakan... Besides, they could just create more nations...... And Harmonia is still too mysterious for Suikoden to end.

It would be a terrible cliff hanger is suikoden ended like that. I'd hate Konami if they did...
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did they not say at one time that there would be nine games altogether because I remember thinking,"Jeez, that means the game won't end until about 2020 and I'm gonna be old!!!"

I mean, think how old you'll be then, will you still be interested in Suikoden??
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please find out how old the owner of this forum and suikox.com and answer that question yourself...

And i'm sure there are older suikoden fans out there...

Just cause you're old, doesn't mean you can't play games... I'd still play suikoden at 40...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: