Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Guitar Hero Tournament
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero Tournament Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Note to Mods: I realize this is in the community forum and this involves a game, however its not a discussion about the game itself, but a discussion about a tournament involving members of suikox.

Any suikox members interested in participating in a Guitar Hero
tournament?

I will think up of a list of songs maybe 10 at most that each member participating will play.

If interested please post what difficulty level you will be playing on or would like to participate and also you can post songs that you would like to see in the tournament.

Rules:

There arent really any rules and I wont require pic evidence of scores, I will just use the honor system, since lying about a guitar hero II score on the internet is kind of pathetic anyways.

Last edited by SolemnSound on Tue May 15, 2007 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd probably join, but since my PS2 isn't working, I may pull out depending on when you'll hold this contest.

As for songs, I demand Trogdor. We can't not have Trogdor, truly an awesome song.

And Freebird, just because it's so long. Anything else could go in after, Killing In The Name and Beast and the Harlot.

Also, I'm assuming we're all required to use Guitar Controllers? Would be a bit unfair if someone posted last, only to be shown using a standard PS2 controller. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will hold sign-up for the contest for a week starting today and then I will give 1 or 2 weeks to allow enough time for the participants to post their scores.

About the controllers. A guitar controller would be preferred, I have never played the game with a regular controller so I dont know the difference in difficulty between the two...

I will keep Trogdor and Freebird in mind for song choices.

Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG, if you're playing on HARD or EXPERT and you can actually beat Freebird, you should automatically win by default.... :P

I'd play, but I own the original, and I have a very hard time beating songs on hard. I imagine that you'll be playing on hard, right?

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I can I plan on buying the original today, so if more interest is in that game then we can just do a tournament for that.

It depends on how many people sign up and for what difficulty level. Myself I would play on expert or hard depending.

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll play. Sounds like fun.
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the song line-up MUCH better for the original, but II has some pretty challenging stuff. My friend owns Guitar Hero II for the 360 and has beaten every song on hard... Except Freebird. :P

SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keep in mind to please post difficulty levels please. Thank you

Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh if this was a Guitar Hero 1 torny I would get in on the action. If I get 2 then I will hop on board.

Good luck everyone, if you have a 1 torny then Im all for it

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went and bought Guitar Hero I today, so I could change it to a guitar hero I tourny since there seems to be more interest in it at the moment.

post in this topic or pm me if you would like to have a change to a guitar hero I tournament

retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, i lent it to my friend, but i will take on anyone in the expert bracket. when are you planning on getting it all together? because i'll be busy until next week. (though i imagine i'll have more than enough time for guitar heroics)

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Again. I will hold sign-ups for an entire week. meaning next tuesday(United States Eastern time standards) sign-ups will officially end.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This seems like more of a games topic than one for the community boards in my opinion. Despite your note saying otherwise, multiplayer games and such (this is an extension of a multiplayer idea) have always been talked about on the games board so I'm still moving it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
Again. I will hold sign-ups for an entire week. meaning next tuesday(United States Eastern time standards) sign-ups will officially end.

okay well then consider me signed up for expert.

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there's a medium bracket, and you're doing Guitar Hero I, I'd be in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: