Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are we fighting for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had never thought of the religious connotations that could be seen as controversial, that might prove to be a problem and why Suikoden has chosen to remain very vauge about the religious beliefs in the suikoworld. However, I think it's one of the biggest reason that men/women go to war. I think the safest route they could go would be the Tenkai being a member of said religion (similar to other games, where the Tenkai is a member of the government he is fighting against) and fights against the corruption within the religion. A theocracy combines religion and politics and is a breeding ground for corruption of this sort. Or perhaps the current leader is a Zelot who needs to be stopped, there's really an infinate amount of routes to go here, but I think that religion is something we will see in the future suikodens.

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden VI would probably be about one nation fighting another nation who had been secretly dumping their trash in the oppressed nation's land causing diseases and what not to to the latter's citizens :P
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think another civil war will be good but how about you have to party fighting each other like the barrow and the godwin or the whole third class people of the holy land talking up armies and tring to over throw the holy land.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If the next Suikoden takes religious conotation, I´d like to see a game about the crusades theme.

Something like a Harmonia crusade against some distant country for capturing a holy land to them (syndar temple of the circle rune), but the superiors have ulterior motives, they want to hunt down true rune bearers (like Leeknaat). It would be great to have some depth in Harmonia before having a game there.
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont agree with the theocracy because it just to sensitive..... look at Israel dan Palestine even they say it about the war for the land, we all know that what it fight for !
No religion fight please.... i had enough....i live in indonesia and sick of it....why others bother the right ???? It belongs to god an SINGLE human

I am sorry but religion is too sensitive ......
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kobolds rising up to fight aginst genocide of their kin? nay bad bad idea.

to bad we couldn't have a race war, or something, or take a page of a historical war to play with.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What we're fighting for?

Money money yeah yeah, money, money yeah yeah

just kidding, I hope some political stuff
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's so bad about a race war. Heck my game centers on a race war. :P
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Absolutly nothing is wrong with a race war! har! however I think the non-human races are limited in the suikoden games and other than the grasslands you wont see very large numbers of them. At least not enough to constitute a "race war". However, I do think that a war with religion could be viewed as a "race war" of sorts, if the two differing nations were of different religions. I know that suikoden has yet to introduce one solid religion, let alone two - but it could prove to be very interesting and really i think it would be an original spin on the story of the series and keep us all refreshed.

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Technically there is already 2 religion centered countries that we know of: Harmonia and Nagarea. Zexen might also be a religion centered nation (St. Loa and crap which I think is a derivative of Harmonia's religion).
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Note the word solid. We know that two seperate religious governments exist, but we don't know anything about them or how they work or what the fundementals of their religion are. Falena seems almost religious in their worship of the sun and the sun rune, but over time I feel that the religious aspect of it was watered down and an aristocracy was born. I would love to see religion as the primary conflict in the next game, however I doubt we'll be seeing Nagarea go up against Harmonia anytime soon, but hey, who knows? I would think that the St. Loa's are more dedicated to an individual and not so much an actual god or religion, St. Loa was more than likely some sort of hero from the past. Much like a Joan of Arc type figure, a symbol of knighthood and honor. But that possibility is there, i think that Konami is just being shy about it.

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought Chris Lightfellow is the Jean of Orlean derivative. Not St. Loa.

The Paladin Klift now that's one thing I want to know about. How exactly did he beat Hikusaak? Note how they used the word Paladin instead of the usual knight so he might have something to do with a religious order. Maybe the war in the lorimar region had some religious aspects to it but then again who knows.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm, preahps a war with religion and crusades and chosen warriors could tie in nicely with a new true rune. If you think about it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
hmm, preahps a war with religion and crusades and chosen warriors could tie in nicely with a new true rune. If you think about it.

Indeed, we've already seen a true rune to determine the right to rule as seen in the Queendom of Falena. It all really depends on the culture, some cultures might see the significant "power" of a true rune as some sort of "divine right". I would personally like to see the main character as a member of some sort of religious organization, ruled by a "pope" type of character, the "pope" dies or something of that nature and the rune chooses it's successor, which just happens to be HERO VI, and not whomever was intended to assume control. This would create some sort of turbulance within that organization and a 'split' or factioning of said religion would occure. Mind you, the whole nation/army aspect would play a part if the nation in question were a theocracy, probably Naegera more than likely, but Harmonia is also an option.

I hate you Onimaru.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Naegera could fight with Harmonia....somehow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: