Suikoden United and Infamous Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Things you have learned from games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I learned that the hero is never the oldest or wisest of the group and don't even have a better knowledge or understanding of the ongoings then the local shop owner, but since he has the FORCE/ghost within your head/magic trading card everything depends on you.

I learned that you may be able to defeat hundred of enemies, but sometimes a girl half as big as you, can defeat you effortless.

You may enter every house and take away every treasure you want without getting punished.

There is always a girl, with which you will have a "special relationship".

You destroy a whole army, but if a guard won't let you in, it's fine.

Weird outfits and hair doesn't make you weird, but eccentric and interesting.

The Fool
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn`t really matter what choices you make in life. You can always try the other option next time.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

- Like Eden, enter houses at will without people yelling at you and stealing their stuff. :P

- When in need of transportation, open a random car door, throw out the person, and ride. This also applies to situations wherein your current car is out of gas.

- When you have a car, ALWAYS keep the door locked. At all times.

- When being chased by policemen, drive through a gas station/water tank for a diversion.

- That you can jump to and back a large distance to hit the enemy.

- That 13/14-year old boys can move HUGE rocks.

- That when you die, you'll always have an extra life.

- That smashing bricks with your head can potentially reward you with gold.

I probably have more, but I think I'll stop. That list would go on forever. ;)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
psylo

Bloody Mage

567 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. I get fun
2. I learned some grammars and vocab (english and japanese)
3. I learned that everything is possible. (in a game of course)
4. I learned that polices is useless if facing the protagonis.

and a lot of another stupid stuffs. :D
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other than those things that people have listed above :P, you can learn quite a number of interesting things from games. How they incorporate mythical aspects of certain religions and turn them into a boss or something.

Good example would be Valkyrie Profile, which will teach you a lot about Norse Mythology. It's good to play games sometimes because it keeps me creative and I have something to look forward to.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread got way off track. Can we keep it to real things we've learned from games instead of the ridiculously overused video game cliche list please?

I learned to read from video games and I believe that they helped to expand my vocabulary quite a bit. As many of the people in this thread have already said, I've been playing video games for a very long time now and they were crucial to my development.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

- The ranks of the Mafia, from Outsider to Underboss. (The Godfather: The Game)

- New swear words that I never knew existed. (Scarface: The World is Yours)

- NBA Players make basketball look easy. (NBA Live 07)

- Nobunaga Oda was the most powerful man in Japan. (Samurai Warriors)

- People fly like dolls if you shoot them with a shotgun. (Black)

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I learned that the color cyan is blue from Perfect Dark and I gained a way to remember the vitreous solution in the eye from Zelda. There's a boss that's a giant eyeball called Vitreous, if you didn't know.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I learned the word tintinnabulation, which is the ringing or sound of bells. I have no idea why this word exists. It will never be used. EVER. Not even in movie scripts like "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," where the opening scene includes tintinnabulation. But I will remember this word for the rest of my life. Thank you Samurai Warriors...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tintinnabulation? Where was that in Samurai Warriors?

Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Err, Samurai Warriors 2 Empires. In the character edit when you choose the symbols for your musou XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phamex wrote:
Err, Samurai Warriors 2 Empires. In the character edit when you choose the symbols for your musou XD

I haven't seen that yet. That's just weird. lolz

Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Videogames really helped me to expand my english vocabulary,especially when i played FFVIII,wich as u might remember,it had a LOT of text (since Square started using voices in FFX).

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess RPGs helped me expand my vocabulary. I started playing them when I was about six. It's funny when I think about it, I played FFVIII when I was in second grade and my friend right now doesn't get the Junction System. So it's like, "Ha! I got that system in the 2nd grade!" I also learned that no matter what the threat is, be it a flaming meteor or a God, angst ridden teenagers are always the way to go. Also, it pays to learn to swim. You can be the hardest criminal in all of Vice City, you know how to steal cars, shoot guns, and even steal tanks! But you can't freaking swim. What the heck?

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I learned that the motor and cognitive skills necessary to beat a Mario Game aren't something you can learn past the age of six, necessarily. My little cousin (who's about 3) pwns my butt at everything we play. I am 23 and still can't beat a Mario game--I can never tell when I'm supposed to jump! I adore Zelda but the boss battles baffle me and the control schemes frustrate me (the games I really favor are Suikoden (duh), Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy--they require NO special motor skills!)
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I learned that if you want to be a succesful video game nerd, you have to start YOUNG.

I also learned that great stories can be told in an unexpected manner. The first games I played were the Ocarina of TIme and Final Fantasy VII when I was a sophemore in college. I was blown away--I never knew that epics of heroes and villains could be told so vividly outside of the world of literature!

It also reinforced my belief that perfect men are fictional. *Glomps Georg*

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: