Suikoden United and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[suiko3] best attackers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: [suiko3] best attackers? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

havent played this game in a while and since summer is here, i might as well try it

which characters that can deal out the most damage, through physical attacks? recommended setups?
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Juan and Emily are generally recommended by most, and for good reason. Just take Watari's yellow scarf and equip it on Juan so he'll be awake at the start of battle. Then power him up and watch him go to town. I've also heard that Hallec and Fubar have an awesome unite attack, though I've never tried it. On a personal note, I found Nei to be a very nicely balanced character. Her magic is very good, as is her attack repetition. Have fun playing the game again.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been ages since I played suikoden 3, but I remember training Emily's continuous attack and swing for her perform a lot of repeated attacks. The Hugo and Fubar combination works well too.
SilverMaiden

4518 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BlackKnightYuber wrote:
I've also heard that Hallec and Fubar have an awesome unite attack, though I've never tried it.

Not even close. Their unite simply consists of them screaming. I haven't seen most of the unites but I prefer the Mercenary Team unite by Geddoe's unit.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SilverMaiden wrote:
BlackKnightYuber wrote:
I've also heard that Hallec and Fubar have an awesome unite attack, though I've never tried it.

Not even close. Their unite simply consists of them screaming. I haven't seen most of the unites but I prefer the Mercenary Team unite by Geddoe's unit.

That's interesting. I found the info about Hallec and Fubar through someone else's posting. What a way to mislead a guy. :p
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Juan is game-breaking. Emily only loses out because she doesn't have continual attack and her heavy damage doesn't trigger as often I've found. She also misses a lot more.

Just to give some others that aren't mentioned here:

I believe if you give Shabon the warrior rune with some other combination of attack runes she can get pretty high damage. She has a very high PDF if I recall correctly.

For ranged, Yuiri with a setup accenting her heavy damage skill (chefs hat, fury, doublestrike, jefferson's medal thing) works well.

Fred actually works pretty well in damage output per round due to counter-attacks but still nowhere near the amount of pain that Juan and Emily can dish out.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is no PDF stat in Suikoden III. At least, for human characters anyway. You were probably referring to Shabon's EVA, which is one of the highest in the game (only Watari and Kenji have higher EVA).

Yuiri is definitely one of the best attackers. She has a permanently attached Killer Rune, and has TWO skills that further raise her critical hit rate: Sharpshoot and Heavy Damage. As mentioned above, the Chief's Hat, and an appointment from Jefferson can raise her Heavy Damage skill to S. She also has two free rune slots, and as above mentioned, Fury and Double-strike work the best.

A similar setup can be used for Melville. He can reach up to A+ in Heavy Damage. I'm not sure if he can equip a Chief's Hat, but that could boost it to an S. He has two pretty rune slots for Fury and Double-strike, so it could make him an effective attacker. A Killer Rune can be used in place of Double-strike. You increase your chances of critical attacks, which ignore defense anyway, and you won't have to suffer the drawbacks of Double-strike.

Same setup can be used for other characters with both two free rune slots, and the Heavy Damage skill like Duke, Lilly, Nash, and Sergeant Joe.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that all of the above characters have decent SKL/LUK stat (well, except for Nash who has the 2nd lowest LUK in the game) so chances of critical hits are good with them.

Last edited by Justice Johnny on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BlackKnightYuber wrote:
SilverMaiden wrote:
BlackKnightYuber wrote:

That's interesting. I found the info about Hallec and Fubar through someone else's posting. What a way to mislead a guy. :p

I think this attack is pretty great, myself. If used in an enemy battle consisting of four or more people, it will deal even damage to them, that will generally be almost as much as they'd deal with physical attacks. Plus, it makes both of them berserk, so they deal much greater damage in the following turns. I think it's *definitely* worthwhile.

Emily and Juan are just amazing. Little needs to be said about them.

Hallec can do pretty good damage too, if you up his Swing skill. Landis isn't too bad either, especially with this Drain rune. Plus, he has an S in Thief and another S in Magic Resistance, making him an amazing member against Sarah and Luc. Plus, that Thief skill is awesome against bosses. You can get thousands of potch from them.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forget power! You want Augustine.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugh, Red Rose. He would be perfect if he had a free slot instead of that stupid rune.
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i always rely on leo and hellec

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Justice Johnny wrote:
Ugh, Red Rose. He would be perfect if he had a free slot instead of that stupid rune.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you don't use any unites, isn't it basically a free fury rune? It's 2x damage to a single target as many times as you want.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yeah, but I also like to use Condemnation.

Augustine maxed out with a Double-strike has the potential to deal 9999 damage. True story!
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Augustine. Besides Chris, his is the only unit that I would dare put up against Yuber in military battles. With an S in parry, who cares how strong your attacker is? I always recruit him with Thomas (hooray for the magical antique time warp trick) and good old Augie has defended Budehuc singlehandedly for me.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Time warp trick? I'm now thoroughly confuzzled.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: