Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II - Ending Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaymsterbean

3135 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong thread but I can't seem to make a new thread =( (it says I'm a newbie...) But I just really need help with this... so U hope someone replies =)

Anyway...

I have played Suikoden 1 on PS1 ages ago and recently have acquired an EBOOT file of both Suikoden 1 and 2 for PSP. I have finished Suikoden 1 and have a save game at Gregminster, just before the final boss battle.

Now I am starting Suikoden 2 and want to import my save game so I can have the hero from Suikoden 1 in my Suikoden 2 party. But when prompted at the beginning of Suikoden 2 to load a save game of Suikoden 1, it says there's none =(

Is there a way I can import my save game? Does anyone know? I would really appreciate your help.

Also... when I finished Suikoden 1, it doesn't prompt for Clear Data (or something like that...). The screen just ends with the picture of the hero and Gremio (and with the words THE END). Is it really supposed to be just like that?

I hope someone can help me. =)

Thank you!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know what an EBOOT file is, but if it is something that is illegal, you should probably refrain from talking about it here. If not, than happy hunting. My guess on your problem though is that the two files are not a compatible format with each other. Also, I'm assuming that your PS1 save file is the North American version, while your Suikoden II is probably of the Japanese variety, since the PSP SI/SII only came out in Japan, so that could be the problem. I think you'll probably have to replay Suikoden I on the PSP to get the save file to work.

Quote:
Also... when I finished Suikoden 1, it doesn't prompt for Clear Data (or something like that...). The screen just ends with the picture of the hero and Gremio (and with the words THE END). Is it really supposed to be just like that?

Yep, sure is. As long as you saved at that last save point you should be good for getting all the bonuses for Suikoden II--that's what I usually do.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do know what an EBOOT file is, and I'm pretty sure it's pretty illegal but it's in the same gray zone as rom files and since you don't actually tell anyone where you got it... Basically, I'm gonna help you out.

It's actually very simple. Every EBOOT game gets assigned to it its own 2 memory cards. However, you can transfer files between the memory cards of different games very easily. Just load up Suikoden II and then press the "Home" button. Select "Memory Card Utility", press X and then X again, select "import", scroll through the different games until you reach the Suikoden saves and then just transfer them. And don't worry, stumped me at first too. Hope it helped. :)
SoulEaterRune_Tir

The True Runes

200579 Potch
68 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About the Nanami thing,I saw somewhere on GameFaqs that armour is needed to make sure Nanami doesn't die(I kept removing her armour because I didn't want to lose it,and so Huan never called me in,until I found out in gamefaqs that is).
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont think an armor is needed as long as you have the 108 stars of destiny, she will be alive
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe you need to have Nanami's DEF over a 'magical' figure for her to survive. I am not sure of the exact figure though as I always manage to have her at a high enough level with the best equipment for her.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to SuikoX, the DEF value should be at least 121. She always had enough DEF in my games even if I gave her all +1 DEF armors (Bandanna, Robe, Cape, Wooden Shoes x2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: