Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II - Ending Problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Suikoden II - Ending Problem Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just defeated the beast rune in suikoden 2. I have completed all Stars of Destiny. I've tried all endings except the one "new life with jowy and nanami".

I looked in the walkthroughs of Gamefaqs.
I went to the main hall and tell apple "I can't do it."
Then I went to tenzan pass and do not agree to duel with Jowy.
I did not attack until the second duel.
The hero did lose health but there was no finishing blow. The second duel ended when the hero's health halved.
Still, Jowy died and Leknaat did not appear.

Is anything wrong?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do not attack Jowy....ever! Just defend, defend, defend.

It has been awhile since i played Suikoden II but i remember never attacking Jowy during each duel.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You shouldn't attack at all. Just continually defend all the time.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and always refuse to take his rune.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, and one thing of note, if you weren't quick and didn't choose a dialog option before Nanami steps in front of you and takes an arrow in Matilda, then even if you go through all that you still won't be able to get that ending.

~Uguu!~
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Say Blue Star,i see the problem,try not going into the main hall/war room when you just defeat the beast rune.

then do everything as you've been doing it,and you'll get it,try getting using this link http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/secrets

It includes how to save Nanami for the best ending,plus for the diolog between you and Jowy try this link http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/scenes/ending_friends.php

and your good to go,thanks to our friends at suikosource.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh no! Too bad. I completed all the 108 stars of destiny AFTER invading rockaxe. Worse, I don't have a saved game before than. Oh well, all I can do is read the script of the good ending. This was my first time playing this, anyway. I might play it again.. hopefully, if my school life doesn't devour me.

... thanks for the help, guys! especially you, lonelion. and to all who helped or tried to help, much loves to give you!<33
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dont worry, you WILL want to play this game again! ;)
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played this game for about 4-5 times before I got that ending, so don't worry. You WILL want to play this game again, it's not easy to get sick of it. Just make sure you don't miss out on any stars and be quick to save Nanami in that Rockaxe scene.

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I WILL definitely play this game again. I hope Konami makes a playstation 2 or playstation 3 version of it because its story rocks! Just like what square enix did to final fantasy VII.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your welcome Blue Star,good luck on your next playthrough when you play it again.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blue star wrote:
I WILL definitely play this game again. I hope Konami makes a playstation 2 or playstation 3 version of it because its story rocks! Just like what square enix did to final fantasy VII.

doubt they'll make a ps2/ps3 version. they already released a suikoden 1/2 game for the psp but so far it's only came out in japan.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game has great replayability factor, so I'm sure you won't get tired of it when you go through it all over again. In Suikoden IV and Suikoden V, I was in a major rush to reach the part where you get the Blinking Mirror, because I thought that was the point where the fun starts, and so I was always impatient during the parts before that, but in this game, that wasn't the case. I would go through the Sindar Ruins near the White Deer Inn over and over again and I won't get tired. XD

But yeah, go get the 108 before Rockaxe, and make sure that you see Huan invite his twin brother Shu inside the clinic in the scene after the fight with Gorudo.

There's also the Clive quest which is always fun to do, but that's usually accomplished during the fifth playthrough onwards, when you pretty much know the story by heart and just skip all the dialogues. XD

I wish they would make something like this for PS2 or PS3 too, but I suppose it's fine that they didn't. I can only imagine the horror they would do if they decided to make the characters 3D. :shock:
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i played this game 10 or more times...no joke, and i still wanna play it now! haha
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
Oh, and one thing of note, if you weren't quick and didn't choose a dialog option before Nanami steps in front of you and takes an arrow in Matilda, then even if you go through all that you still won't be able to get that ending.

However, you'll know if you were fast enough as I believe, after Huan announced that Nanami died, he will ask Shu to meet with him immediately afterwards. Plus, it is also important to have adequate armor on Nanami during that battle. So, since it's just one battle/scene, you could always easily redo that particular section if you fail the first time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: