Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Solon Jhee and the Jhee Family
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Solon Jhee and the Jhee Family Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kind of a topic mostly about Solon Jhee, and why exactly he had his head cut off. Well, we know Solon came from a prestigious family of ministers, and that he was at first a good general in the Jowston invasion by Highland. However, what I always thought was strange was how he lost a battle and had his head taken from him after his string of victories at Viktor's Fort, South Window and Muse, whilst these were not the greatest of successes, Solon was (eventually) victorious. Was Luca overstepping his boundaries not being king yet by killing Solon? Or was it that Luca wanted a 100% success rate from his generals? Solon Jhee was repelled at Viktor's Fort and Muse, but only very briefly and served his role and purpose well in each battle, tiring the enemy and buying time for Highland's main attack.

Something else however I am curious about, is what happens to Jhee's family when Solon is beheaded and if they're still around then, what after the fall of the Highland Kingdom? So little is known about this kind of thing in Suikoden. Luca seems to care little for politicians and when he becomes king I'm sure he gets up to a lot of stuff that is never revealed to us, as occupied as he was in other lands.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Solon was most likely killed, because he failed Luca. And Luca doesn't tolerate failure. Of course he was over stepping his bounds, but Luca didn't care, he was insane. Smart Insane, but insane none the less.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Solon was most likely killed, because he failed Luca. And Luca doesn't tolerate failure. Of course he was over stepping his bounds, but Luca didn't care, he was insane. Smart Insane, but insane none the less.

Smart insane? He allowed Kiba, Klaus and some of their army to defect to Riou and was also usurped by Jowy. My money is just on insane and strong. :P
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, he sent Kiba to his death. It was happenstance, and Riou being the kind of kid he was that caused Kiba and Klaus to defect. And Jowy didn't really overthrow him. Leon did. Jowy just enlisted Leon's help. If Ridley had not returned with the letter, than Luca would have over run North Window and the war would have been over.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
No, he sent Kiba to his death. It was happenstance, and Riou being the kind of kid he was that caused Kiba and Klaus to defect. And Jowy didn't really overthrow him. Leon did. Jowy just enlisted Leon's help. If Ridley had not returned with the letter, than Luca would have over run North Window and the war would have been over.

The whole point being that Luca trusted Leon too much, knowing how wise he was and that he was serving Jowy's interests before his own. Allowing the marriage of Jowy to his own sister Jillia and not once seeming to have a grasp of what Leon was really planning for Jowy once Agares had been killed.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, but even there you see that Luca is being consistent. Solon Jhee failed Luca, so Luca had him killed because the great King Luca does not tolerate failure. Later on, Luca failed himself when he allowed Leon to betray him, and since the mighty, all powerful, greatest ruler ever King Luca did the only thing he could and battled overwhelming odds, taking out hundreds of peons in the Avenger Army, before finally succumbing to no less than 300 arrows, each of which penetrated his heart, and still had the strength to spit in the eye of Riou and fight him. He could have run away, surely no weak trap could hold Luca if he so chose, but since he had failed himself, he had to die.

This account has been brought to you by a Luca fan and cannot be convinced of any other accounts.

~Uguu!~
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He trusted Jowy too much. I think he saw much of himself in Jowy, which caused him to trust Jowy far more than he should have. And Jowy was of course was out to serve himself at that time to end the war.

Solon Jhee

2031 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Lord Luca's army you either succeed or you die. I was lucky enough to rebound at Muse and that poor excuse for a fort, but make no mistake, had my liege been just a little less impatient those days, he would have killed me there for my failure. It is not something he tolerated well. I'm sure those little hiccups did nothing for me in his eyes and then my complete failure at North Window was the last straw.

And to be sure, my liege was a smart man. Very much overconfident in his ability (with good reason) if you ask me, but he was no idiot. In the end though, it cost him his life as well. If you think about it, the amount of force needed to kill Lord Luca was tremendous and the only thing those scraggly mongrels had going for them was the ambush.

As for my family, I haven't seen them in a while...
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seemed to me that Luca cared more about annihilating as many people as he could than about himself, or even his kingdom.

But Luca really isn't the focus of this topic, now is he?

I would imagine that Solon Jhee's family probably suffered no immediate reprisals on the count of Solon's failure. Luca wasn't yet king when that happened, and I doubt Agares would have welcomed a retaliation against the Jhee house. I think it just as likely that by the time Luca assumed the mantle of leadership, he probably had other concerns much more relevant to him than the Jhee family. Jowy would have had no reason to persecute those people.

Honestly, I would imagine that they simply continued to live, before and after the fall of Highland. They may have fallen somewhat into obscurity with Solon's death, but I don't imagine it would have amounted to much more than that.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well according to this (http://suikox.com/new/suiko40401.html), Anien wants to restore family honor, but I wouldn't trust it very much.....

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's because it's a joke.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh, TP that was an April fool's joke. But very believable though.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know. I was messing around. As far as I'm aware, we have not heard anything else about the Jhee family.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think we're likely to hear about the Jhee family again either. It'll probably be just left as a mystery.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seraphblade wrote:
I don't think we're likely to hear about the Jhee family again either. It'll probably be just left as a mystery.

Well, you never know. They could've played a part in the High-East rebellion or fled to another country in which we could see them in a future Suikoden. It's a long shot but there is the possibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: