Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

.hack//GU vol.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

were already talk about the game in earlier posts as HarmonianHiccup pointed out, check around page seven for it.

Quote:
And I really hate how small the storages are in these games! ARG! I horde items, and I cannot do that in G.U. I'm always having to drop things and give things away because I am SO freaking overloaded. Oh well.

upgrade your guild rank to five i believe and it increases your storage.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The bike being a hassle? When I first obtained it, I had the same thought as you. Why in the world would anyone ride the bike when they could use the portals? I also had problems with controlling the bike at first, and I was also annoyed that I had to drive the bike to get its rank up.
Then, I started to enjoy riding it. Why not? I like purposely trying to run people over even if I couldn't do it, and it gets boring to use the portal all the time. I also find using the bike useful in fields, so that I can go around faster. Occasionally, I used the bike to run over enemies, and it does far more damage.
I think I'm going to like hunting for bike parts.

The online game? It looked pretty weird to me. The character pictures were ugly, and I believe the game itself had a lot of problems. As Hiccup mentioned, the driving point behind the series was the stroyline, and I think it would be impossible to put all of those elements within the story.

Quote:

And I really hate how small the storages are in these games! ARG! I horde items, and I cannot do that in G.U. I'm always having to drop things and give things away because I am SO freaking overloaded. Oh well.

Thnak Aura for that! I'm not very far into the game and already, my storage is threatening to die on me. Some of my guild ranks are already at five, so I expect the only ones that would be problematic are the ones like monsters, because I keep meeting the same kind. Maybe go to a wider variety of dungeons?

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
The bike being a hassle? When I first obtained it, I had the same thought as you. Why in the world would anyone ride the bike when they could use the portals? I also had problems with controlling the bike at first, and I was also annoyed that I had to drive the bike to get its rank up.
Then, I started to enjoy riding it. Why not? I like purposely trying to run people over even if I couldn't do it, and it gets boring to use the portal all the time. I also find using the bike useful in fields, so that I can go around faster. Occasionally, I used the bike to run over enemies, and it does far more damage.
I think I'm going to like hunting for bike parts.

only use of the bike really is to level it up for the guild rank and that's very easy to do. other than that the bike is useful unless you got a area cleared and are running around trying to get atler keys and lucky animals.

HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can never crash into the enemies on my bike. :? It gets to the point where I'll clear a field and then just ride around on the bike for about ten minutes so I can get the rank up. Ah well.
:/

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i always crashed into the enemies on the bike. just gotta go on an angle to hit them, plus going really fast helps a lot. if you want to rank up faster, just leave your ps2 on and get on your back and have some thing hold the x button down, and when you wake up that rank will be maxed.

HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had thought of trying something like that--good to know it works!! :)

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sure is a life saver. did it for vol.1 and vol.2.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't like to do that though drains power, overheats my PS2, gets the PS2 button stuck down *insert some other lame excuses*

I liked the bike better in vol 2 than in vol 1 at least. And that bike part that makes you invisible to enemies surely one of the best bike parts available in this game :mrgreen:

Bike parts aren't tradeable...you can only win them in the bike missions or buy them from the parts store.

Buff wrote:
It wasn't by much though...it was I think...10 slots if I recall...and I couldn't upgrade it till long after I beat the game D= it was that annoying/hard to upgrade

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't come across any bike missions yet :/
Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
I haven't come across any bike missions yet :/
Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Assuming you did the side quest that opens up the bike quests (aka you can see the npc duck-looking dude standing near the @home entrance now)

the quest gives you a keyword when you finish it, and any area you make with that keyword will be a bike mission

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me or did the bike go faster in Volume 2 as compared to Volume 1? The change was pretty significant so I noticed it, or maybe I'm just imagining things. :?

Anyway, I just discovered a little plot hole in the game, which is probably not a plot hole anyways and someone can explain it to me. As you know, I am replaying .hack//G.U. vol. 2//Reminisce, and I know what went down the whole game, and I just noticed a little something. Remember, at the start of the game, when you can't log out? Yeah, Yata was there, we saw him, he talked. Then when you asked Moon Tree for help, Nala was there, we saw him, he talked. See where I'm going with this? Yeah. Can someone explain that?

Also, HH, any area word that has the first word "Passing" will give you a bike quest map.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the bike does go faster in vol.2 than it does in 1. vol.1 bike is slow as hell, and even if you don't put any upgrades on the bike in vol.2 it still goes much faster.

i believe your talking about the aida server they were on highwind. you go to it again when you go to rescue atoli at moon tree's headquarters.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Remember, at the start of the game, when you can't log out? Yeah, Yata was there, we saw him, he talked. Then when you asked Moon Tree for help, Nala was there, we saw him, he talked. See where I'm going with this? Yeah. Can someone explain that?
HMM...now that you mention it that is weird...I was assuming that he was using different computers but if their consciousnesses were sucked into the game like the characters said they were than it wouldn't have been possible unless his consciousness was split into two...

I wonder....that indeed is a questionable plot hole...
xD There's so many ideas racing through my head trying to explain it right now...like "at the time maybe he had let a fellow admin temporarily borrow/use the Nala account to help him do something" or like "maybe he wasn't stuck in the AIDA server at all in the first place but knew how to get there and escape there of his own will/by himself--and never revealed it"

we may never know xp

HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THanks HW! I'll go give it a try. As for the plot hole...I try not to think about them. X( I'm too tired to want to suspend my willing suspension of disbelief! ;)

LordMcDohl

Window-pecking Humming Birds

1000 Potch
101 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I used to have the same problem in Vol.1 because I didn't want to get rid of my Simple Watches. Well, I sold and alchemized them in the end. Still have a few left.
I could have started Vol. 2 a lot earlier, but I got stuck completing all the various quests in Vol. 1.
I sure hope they cut down on the cut-scenes in this game.
I'm Level 64 now with around 750,000 GP, got all that GP from selling a lot lot lot of equips in Vol. 1. For some sort of reason, I like to go to areas and advance in levels before going on with the storyline. The new area designs are good too. It's also nice that your party members kick lucky animals so you don't need to chase them for so long. Wonder if Atoli kicks them?(players of Vol.1 should know what I mean.)
As to the bike, I was shocked when I first tried to ride it in Vol. 2. I'm used to it now though. Recently, I got new tires and a new muffler, but I ditched the muffler because the acceleration went down. Since I haven't advanced much in the story, I haven't seen any bike quests yet.
The new Canard @home was a nice touch, and it seems good old Death Grunty is more polite now. Alchemization is better now too, being able to alchemize armor and accessories is good. It saves storage space.
I think I will take on Doppelganger the next time I get a chance to play. How am I going to win? I'm thinking Beast Awakening. I'm sure the weapons will be very useful.
Oh well, looking forward to playing it on Friday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: