Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'll be getting this game as long as WHAM! is on there. Boy do I love me some George Michael. MMMM MMMMMM!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pick me up before you go-go!

I don't know if there's really enough guitar sections in that song, but it would be quite a change of pace from all the rock and metal.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It most likely will have 40 songs or more, at least I hope so. I was actually watching 40 year old virgin last night and that song has a lot of 80s music and it reminded me of this topic lol

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently, there will be only 30 songs in the game. They're pushing it as if it's an expansion pack, so that's no surprise.

Another thing is that there will supposedly be only six characters returning redesigned with 80s stuff. Axel Steel, Pandora, Judy Nails, Izzy Sparks, Johnny Napalm and Grim Ripper are returning. No Clive Winston is baaaaaad.

EDIT: Oh, what the heck. Couple hours after I post this, some other site comes up with BETTER info. Yay.

Song list, folks. Some songs have already been classified:

1.Opening Licks

I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
Holy Diver - Dio
Metal Health - Quiet Riot (Encore)

2. Amp Warmers

Nothin' But a Good Time - Poison
I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister *

3. String Snappers

Lonely is the Night - Billy Squier
Synchronicity II - The Police
Heat of the Moment - Asia
Shakin' - Eddie Money
Bathroom Wall - Faster Pussycat (Encore)

4. Return of the Shred

Round and Roud - Ratt
I Ran (So Far Away) - A Flock of Seagulls *

5. Relentless Riffs

Play With Me - Extreme

6. Furios Fretwork

18 And Life - Skid Row

And the follwing have yet to be classified:
Balls to the Wall - Accept
Only a Lad - Oingo Boingo
The Warrior - Scandal
We Got the Beat - The Go-Go's
Devil's NIght OUt - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

That's nearly 2/3 of the 30 tracks so far revealed. Also, Flock of Seagulls and Twisted Sisters are original versions.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

18 and Life - Skid Row

Bathroom Wall - Faster Pussycat

Lonely is the Night - Billy Squier

Nothing But a Good Time - Poison

Play With Me - Extreme

Shaken - Eddie Money

Synchronicity II - The Police

I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

I Ran - Seagulls

Round and Round - Ratt

I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow

Metal Health - Quiet Riot

Holy Diver - Dio

Heat Of The Moment - Asia

Balls To The Wall - Accept

Only A Lad - Oingo Boingo

The Warrior - Scandal

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say it's a travesty that there is no Motley Crue on that list. I'm glad to see Poison and Skid Row, but no Crue? Or GnR? Did any of these people listen to any music during the 80's? I was thinking about maybe picking this up, but if it's not going to be real 80's music, then there's no point.

~Uguu!~
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I can't think of anything more dreadful than the music of the 80s. How can an entire decade produce like four good bands? Now if they made a Rock the 90's I'd be in bliss. Gin Blossoms, Better Than Ezra, Marcy Playground, Blind Melon, Cracker, Blur, Oasis, Fastball, Fuel, Toadies, The Wallflowers, Goo Goo Dolls, Dave Matthews Band, Counting Crows, Rusted Root, 311, the possibilities are endless...
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've long suspected your taste in music is crap Shad, this confirms it. The 80's were the time for real music, and for destroying the ozone layer with all the hairspray used by said bands.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there'll be something from the Motley Crue track listing to be added as the list grows. They may be trying to figure out just which one to use. The same probably goes for any GnR song.

Needs more Cinderella, Whitesnake and Europe! It can't be an 80's Rock list if it doesn't have that uber-synthesizer classic, The Final Countdown.

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not really impressed by this, I had higher expectations of an 80s game to be honest.

Where's the AC/DC, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Rod Stewart, Depeche Mode? And where the hell is the Judas Priest? There's so many more that could be mentioned but the lack of the Priest and AC/DC just kills me.

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's been a minor change made by RedOctane to the setlist.

I Want Candy will NOT be in the final lineup anymore. Authorities have refused to comment why, but I have a feeling it has something to do with their forums.

GH's official forums had ALOT of people bitchin' about how I Want Candy apparently sucks. It's not the best song, but it's certainly not the worst. Incidentally, some people on that forums during the time of pre-Guitar Hero II were pushing for a certain guy and a song.

That song was later known as Jordan.

Granted, most of the same guys are pushing for Dream Theater and Dragonforce (NOOOOOO) in GH3.... so I think it's a safe bet we will see them there.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'll say... Good. Hopefully, the song they'll have in mind to replace it is better than I Want Candy.

Also, I just realized that My Sharona would be a fun song to play in this game. Granted it was made in 1979 I think, but it's just a year. >_>

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh please no Dragonforce, their songs have to much thrash to them to make them fun.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could go with some Dream Theater though :D
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WorthPlaying.com wrote:
The new songs are the real reason for Rocks the '80s, after all. Unlike Guitar Hero II, the entire purpose of this sort-of expansion pack is to focus with laser-like precision on a specific time period, using a wide variety of music to show off the many different styles of rocking out that pervaded the 1980s, and oh boy, this is quite a mix. One of earlier songs available to gamers is "We Got The Beat," a cheerful poppy tune about dancing. Following not long after that is Accept's "Balls to the Wall," which feels almost directly the opposite in tone. This amazing variety continues throughout the entire list of songs, including a mix of pop, rock and various other genres, and hits like White Lion's "Radar Love" and Ratt's "Round and Round." The only thing connecting them is that you're the person on lead guitar, and it's up to you to make them sound good.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=43380&mode=thread&order=0

There's another song that could be in. I don't know this song, so I really can't comment on whether it's good or bad.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am so so so glad they added Balls to the Wall. And I Want Candy fucking sucks. They need to add more metal damnit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: