Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
One of the worst-kept secrets in the games industry is finally out. After weeks of rumors, Activision has finally confirmed that Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s is in the works. So far, the game has only been confirmed for the PlayStation 2 and will take the retail stage in the US and Europe sometime this summer.

Seven songs out of the total 30 have so far been announced, but they run the genre gamut. It will feature "as made famous" covers of "Round and Round" by Ratt, "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow, "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot, "Holy Diver" by Ronnie James Dio, and "Heat of the Moment" by Asia. It will also sport two original tracks: Flock of Seagulls' "I Ran" and "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister. The game will also feature retro rock venues, unlockable guitars, and a variety of "intense" gameplay modes.

RedOctane's head of publishing, Dusty Welch, commented, "The 80s features an amazing variety of rock genres from hair metal to punk to new wave, and our dedicated Guitar Hero fans will definitely appreciate the opportunity to play all the new and exciting content we've added."

One thing Welch didn't comment on was the fact that Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s is being developed by Harmonix. Though it developed the first two guitar heroes, the rhythm-game studio has since been purchased by MTV, and announced in March it is making a Guitar Hero rival called Rock Band with Electronic Arts. Activision-owned Neversoft, maker of the Tony Hawk series, has since taken over Guitar Hero development. It will presumably be making Guitar Hero III, due out later this year for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii.

RedOctane founder and president Kai Huang had previously confirmed to GameSpot that the company would be looking to work on a variety of different genres for upcoming Guitar Hero, and that one of the options would be to offer these packs as extra downloadable content. However, the PS2 edition of Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s edition will be coming out in the more traditional boxed format.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6170407.html

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That means more downloadable content for the Guitar Hero II on the 360. I likes very much. Though I was hoping they'd have picked the 70's instead.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you have a modded playstation 2 you can just hack it and play whatever song you want. Unfortunately my modded playstation 2 broke =/

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I Want Candy?

You have got to be kidding me.

Either way, good news for all Guitar Hero fans. Should be interesting to see.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Asia?! Sweet!

Not.

Still, Flock of Seagulls is <3. One can only hope Corey Hart is on there (hahahaha).
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been known to wear my sunglasses at night.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

If you have a modded playstation 2 you can just hack it and play whatever song you want.

what do you mean?

also I knew the 80's game was coming so it didn't catch me by suprise or anything but I thought it was more of the late teens to mid/late 20 year olds playing guitar heros, I guess the 30-40 age group would have more buying power but I don't see how that's the largest fan base.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like an interesting new release, I can't wait for it to come out ;)

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:
Still, Flock of Seagulls is <3. One can only hope Corey Hart is on there (hahahaha).

Ha, I hope that single "I Ran (So Far Away)" is on there.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Holy Diver" by Dio AND "Heat of the Moment" by Asia!? Awesome!!

Still, it's not like I'll be buying this game. Hopefully someone I know will be picking it up. The chicks love these games. (seriously :? )
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha I know what you mean Crono. I have impressed several girls with my ability to play on expert.

jjrrs wrote:
Quote:

If you have a modded playstation 2 you can just hack it and play whatever song you want.

what do you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29IFMJNt7s

take a look at this video. Some guy hacked his modded playstation 2 and was able to play Fury of the Storm by dragon force. Its complicated and if I can find the source of how to do it again, I can pm it to you if you want, but thats only if I can find it.

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crono wrote:
Still, it's not like I'll be buying this game. Hopefully someone I know will be picking it up. The chicks love these games. (seriously :? )

Course they do, you're playing insane songs like Freebird.

With 5 Frets. Can't get manlier than that, can it? :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Ha, I hope that single "I Ran (So Far Away)" is on there.

I assume that's what it'll be. It was a damn big song in the 80s... did they even have any other singles? >_>
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may just buy this game solely for the chance to play Holy Diver. <3 <3 <3 Holy Diver. New wave songs too eh? This could wind up being a great deal of fun.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The 90's is where it's at, yo.

It's funny that they're adding I wanna Rock because my sister and I agreed that the Sponge Bob version Goofy Goober would so kick ass on GH2.

I'll probably end up buying it.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: