Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Chinese Zodiacs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

Potch
Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Chinese Zodiacs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_astrology#The_12_zodiac_animals

I thought this was somewhat interesting. The chinese seperate people into different zodiac animals based on that person's year and date of birth and for me my zodiac animal describes me rather well.

Just for fun look at what animal you are and read the description to see if it describes you and if it matches.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

Potch
Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll put this here while we're at it
Chinese Astrology! What's your zodiac element + animal?

I'm a wooden ox

According to that site it says (for Ox) I'm hard-working and persistent [I guess], and can stick at a task longer and go at it harder than anybody [sure why not].

The believe in themselves and classify almost everything into 2 basic categories; bad and good [hmm...maybe XD].

They hold up their high standards as a model and severly judge those who don't aspire to maintain these same ideals
[I have to admit I can be real pain like that sometimes...heh].

For Wood element: "Those born in the years dominated by the Wood element are people of high morals and great confidence. They know the intrinsic value of things and are apt to appreciate all that they have"
I don't think the Wood quite fits...but...ooook....

Last edited by Ikano on Wed May 09, 2007 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just like the myth of it myself. There's an actual story that goes along with it, where all the animals of the Zodiac were invited to a party, and the rat who was supposed to be good friends with the cat, was supposed to invite the cat, but the Rat gave the Cat the wrong day, so he missed the party, and was unable to become a zodiac animal.

I completely paraphrased the myth as best as my memory allowed for, but yeah.. pretty sure it happened like that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

Potch
Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
I just like the myth of it myself. There's an actual story that goes along with it, where all the animals of the Zodiac were invited to a party, and the rat who was supposed to be good friends with the cat, was supposed to invite the cat, but the Rat gave the Cat the wrong day, so he missed the party, and was unable to become a zodiac animal.
There's alot of different variations of the "how the 12 animals were picked" story

Another one I know of is that there was a race between all the animals in the kingdom to get to a certain destination and the first 12 would become the zodiac animals.
It was one of those free-for-all races though so like the other animals would make obstacles for each other/rig the race so certain animals wouldn't get there....

Anyway the rat and cat rode the ox most of the way and near the last stretch of the race the rat and cat had a scuffle on top of the ox while it was crossing a river and the cat fell and was washed away downstream, he's hated the rat ever since.
oh...and the reason the rat was first and not the ox....the rat jumped off before the ox crossed the finish line

Funny thing about this story is that it says the dragon was so arrogant he was sleeping in the clouds for most of the race and woke up when a couple of animals already crossed...that's why it's not the first XD

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

Potch
Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a snake and it fits me rather well.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That doesn't surprise me. There's always a hundred different variations of myths. And wow, I looked at the Wiki page and saw a couple of the myths. I like how they all incorporate the rat screwing the cat over and causing the rivalry between them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also know another version of the myth. It also involved a race but the cat was not included because the rat told him the race would take place on a different date.

I always knew I was a dragon, which is the coolest animal on the Zodiac haha but I looked into Naditsu's link and found out I was an Earth element. Hmm, I always liked water, but whatever.

Dragons represent nobility and are gifted with power and luck. Haha, doesn't sound like me at all. Except maybe the luck part.

People under the earth element are serious, logical, and mythodical. They are intelligent and objective. Yeah, that kinda sounds like me.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a Firey Tiger.

Tiger stands for leadership and courage. And the fire element stands for well Leadership as well. I guess I'm a born leader...

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

Potch
Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose I should actually look at these links, eh? lol I didn't know that I was a earth snake. But everything it says about snake people, fits me perfectly. It's almost eerie....

Last edited by Flare on Thu May 10, 2007 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

Potch
Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im a fire rabbit. Which for the most part describes me well

Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a Fire Bunny! Yeah, it describes me pretty well although I knew this quite sometime ago..

Actually, one of the sneakier ways of trying to figure out someone's age (if they're unwilling to tell you) is to just ask them what chinese zodiac they are.

That's what we (me n' my friends) did when we were young

Desert Claw

Potch
Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wooden Rat

Sneak as rat.. tough as wood... am i?

well maybe yes

Einherjar

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a carbon copy of Nadistu. Or the other way around. :mrgreen:

Quote:

Ox people are hard-working and persistent, they can stick at a task longer and go at it harder than anybody. They believe in themselves and tend to classify almost everything into two basic categories, bad and good. They hold up their high standards as a model and severely judge those who don't aspire to maintain these same ideals.

Those born in the years dominated by the Wood element are people of high morals and great confidence. They know the intrinsic value of things and are apt to appreciate all that they have.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I've known I was born in the year of the Snake for a while now.

Wikipedia wrote:
The person born in the year of snake is perhaps the wisest and most enigmatic of all.

Well I am very obscure... :P
ard

Einherjar

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not obscure. Just I.S.K.A.S. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: