Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Iron Man (Warning: here be spoilers, yarr)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, for those in the know about the Iron Man canon...spoiler: The terrorists were really not Taliban or Al Qaeda, but a group working for Iron Man's main nemesis - The Mandarin.

TruePerception wrote:
Dammit! There was something at the end of the credits! I thought there would be, but I went with my nephew and he had to run to the restroom. Oh, well. I already wanted to go see it again, that just gives me more of a reason to.

Well if you really want to know. Spoiler: The scene after the credits shows Samuel L. Jackson appearing as Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD, wanting to talk to Tony Stark about The Avengers Initiative. This might be Marvel's plan to slowly build the interest in an Avengers film. There's already rumors that Robert Downey, Jr. makes a cameo in the upcoming The Incredible hulk as Tony Stark.

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed so! That's why they were called The Ten Rings!

I went to see the film yesterday afternoon. I enjoyed it! The Stan Lee cameo was mildly amusing, but overall I liked the acting and particularly Downey Jr's portrayal of Tony.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This movie gets the rare and questionably prestigious Sage endorsement. Downey's portrayal of Stark really made the movie if you ask me. It was very entertaining and not too typical. I'm not really a fan of most of the comic book movie adaptations, but this has given me hope for future movies.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agahnim wrote:
Indeed so! That's why they were called The Ten Rings!

I see you know your stuff Ganumz. Now maybe they can bring in Fin Fang Foom!

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Oh, for those in the know about the Iron Man canon...spoiler: The terrorists were really not Taliban or Al Qaeda, but a group working for Iron Man's main nemesis - The Mandarin.

Is that official? It's heavily hinted at and would go along with the comics and the Ten Rings thing, but I thought it was just speculation at this point.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The director really wants to bring in that particular villain at some point since he's pretty much Tony Stark's main counterpart. The more modern take on that particular character doesn't have to be wearing the traditional robes and accoutrements. The current look on him is pretty much an industrialist who just happens to wear quite a bit of jewelry.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally got out to see it. I went to the theatre to see it but the next play time was an hour off so my GF insisted we see another movie, so I appeased her and we saw Baby Mama. It was decent. When we got out we strolled past the showtimes and saw another showing of Iron Man in 10 short minutes, so we decided to make it a double header.

I must say I was thoroughly impressed with it. I felt that the roles were done pretty well. Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, like I said before, fits like a glove. Downy is a sarcastic jackass with a drinking problem, so is Stark. They didn't really show him as a drunk in the movie which was the only thing I'd have added. I thought the party scene where they pushed the Pepper love interest thing would have been a great place to insert some alcoholism, making alcohol the reason he didn't show back up on the ledge. But whatever.

I think Bridges did a great job as Obidiah. I've always liked him as an actor. The only loophole I found was how the hell did Stane control Iron Monger without a few test runs. We had to sit through a few trial and errors of Tony messing it up, so we just forget that Stane never piloted one of these before and miraculously controls it without fail? Thats the only thing I found wrong with that.

I recommend everyone see it because its a great flick. Seriously.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it is possible the Iron Monger suit has a more user-friendly interface than Iron Man's. Only good explanation that comes to mind, really. And I believe that most of Stark's test runs were to test the the suit itself, more than to learn how to pilot and control it. These were done as he was building the suit too. The Iron Monger suit was already completed as far as I know.

Kind of a flimsy explanation, I know, but it's the only thing I can come up with to explain that little snag.

Quote:

I think Bridges did a great job as Obidiah. I've always liked him as an actor

I gotta agree with you here. The man did an excellent job in my opinion. A really good choice to lay Stane.

Oh, and I gotta add, I saw the movie again yesterday with some couple friends from college. We were watching the part where Stark explains the power output of his "arc reactor" to be like 6 Giga-Joules per second(which is really 6 GigaWatts anyways...) and we all just laughed. We were the only people who laughed at that point, which made us feel extra nerdy. By the way, 6 GigaJoules per second is an absurd amount :P
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kikito wrote:

Oh, and I gotta add, I saw the movie again yesterday with some couple friends from college. We were watching the part where Stark explains the power output of his "arc reactor" to be like 6 Giga-Joules per second(which is really 6 GigaWatts anyways...) and we all just laughed. We were the only people who laughed at that point, which made us feel extra nerdy. By the way, 6 GigaJoules per second is an absurd amount :P

You must have gotten a real kick out of the 21.1 GigaWatts required to to activate the time displacement circuit in Back to the Future. That's why they call it Science Fiction!

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A joule is a watt? I always thought a joule was a larger density of electricity.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be more precise, a joule is a unit to measure energy, but a watt is a unit to measure power, which is energy over time.

Anyways, i saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. While i agree with what my brother said, that it's the best Marvel movie made yet, there were some flaws in it. The villain was predictable, and the climax ( Fighting another Iron man suit) is nothing original, nor was it all that fantastic, there were better fights from other marvel movies. The humour was still a tad too corny, and much too typical and similar to the Spider man or fantastic four movies. And i'm getting sick of those cameos with Stan Lee. I wasn't bothered by it in the first other Marvel movies, but i was starting, just starting, to get a little bit annoyed by it.

But those flaws aside, it is still the best marvel movie so far.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was a really good movie, only part I thought was strange was that he was able to build an Iron death suit in a cave under enemy supervision in about 2 or 3 days. Oh well, he is Tony Stark. :P
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Oh well, he is Tony Stark. :P

Exactly. Remember, even one of Stark Industries top engineers said the same thing or something to that effect.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, i remember that part. Although it was about that arc reactor heart thingy more than the suit itslef, isn't it? After all, i don't think any real human being can make a computer board at the age of 6, much less someone five times that age!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, as someone who really isn't a comic book geek, and hence doesn't know all the ins and outs of Iron Man, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Maybe because I don't follow the comics I was able to enjoy it without trying to dissect it and see if it was faithful to the comics. I won't go and see it again, but there really aren't very many movies out there that I want to pay to see twice anyways.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: