Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Iron Man (Warning: here be spoilers, yarr)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think what the trailer doesn't show is what will make it epic and that's the big baddie outside of Obadiah Stone. Mandarin as a villain should be quite epic enough. I just look at the trailer and see how they're going to be introducing the character of Tony Stark and Iron Man and do it in a plausible way. I mean when one looks at it Iron Man really is the one hero in Marvel who is plausible. Just have to get the right engineering geniuis who can work the current tech into something like the Iron Man suit. No bio-engineered and irradiated spider or gene mutations. Just some Howard Hughes-type individual who is not just ridiculously wealthy but with the mental acumen to invent advance technology.

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the looks of this movie. Let's just hope they don't screw up Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk remake. The Ant-Man movie is probably doomed but if the others are cool then the projected Avengers movie should be a good one. That is a movie that they can make epic.

I'm actually looking forward to the new Hulk. Eddie Norton is gonna be Bruce Banner so there may be hope for it this time around.

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's the latest trailer for Iron Man. This was the Super Bowl TV Spot which showed during the commercial break.

Iron Man Super Bowl TV Spot

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And here we have the very latest Iron Man trailer. This one was released on MySpace and could only be seen there.

Iron Man exclusive MySpace trailer

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just watched it yesterday, and it turned out to be all the glory the trailers promised it would be. You wouldn't want to miss this movie... and the scene after the credits.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The movie is a failure, there is no way terrorists are that stupid. Preposterous.

Kidding aside, it was a good movie. It's worth spending 2 hours, at least.

Oh, and see if you can spot Tom Morello - the guy's in the movie. XD

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen it twice so that sort of tells just how much I enjoyed the film. While not as epic in scope as Batman Begins or the Spider-Man and X-Men trilogies I do think it was a great origin film for a very underrated Marvel character. Like pretty much most superhero films there will be a need for some suspension of disbelief. Iron Man mostly succeeds in this. As for Archy's assertion that terrorists can't be that stupid. Well, the jury is still out on whether they're stupid or smart or somewhere in-between.

For those still about to watch make sure to wait until the end of the credits. For fans of Marvel comics its a nice treat.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw this movie as well, and I enjoyed it very much--I would go so far as to say its my favorite of the Superhero movies in the last 10 or so years. I thought Robert Downey Jr. was perfectly cast as Tony Stark. He brings a unique personality to the screen, which is good, since Tony Stark is a unique character in the Marvel Universe. I was particularly impressed with the first half of the film, which in my estimation is what sets it apart. The second half is also well done, but seems to me to be your typical Superhero action movie fare. That doesn't make it bad, mind you. Instead, it simply prevents the film from being transcendent as far as films go (which is something no Superhero movie I've seen has a achieved, so I wouldn't consider it a slight).

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:

Oh, and see if you can spot Tom Morello - the guy's in the movie. XD

Where? Tell me! :shock:

Anyways, I do agree with much people saying this was a great base foundation for future movies. They say the second the second movie'll deal much with Tony getting over with his alcoholic problems, so I'm guessing it'll be more dark and dramatic. I hope War Machine will appear. :P
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IF the sequel does deal with his alcoholism then War Machine will definitely make an appearance.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got back from watching it. It was way better then I expected, but then again my expectations were really low. Mainly do to the fact that my friend Eddie kept bitching that it "wasn't at all like the comic book" and the other stuff.

The only real problem I had with the movie was the scarcity of action. Would it have killed them to maybe add in a couple more minutes of super villain fighting?

It’ll be interesting if the next movie does revolve about Tony’s alcoholism troubles, seeing how it might hit too close to home for Robert Downey after his little rehab hiatus. :U

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dammit! There was something at the end of the credits! I thought there would be, but I went with my nephew and he had to run to the restroom. Oh, well. I already wanted to go see it again, that just gives me more of a reason to.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Dammit! There was something at the end of the credits! I thought there would be, but I went with my nephew and he had to run to the restroom. Oh, well. I already wanted to go see it again, that just gives me more of a reason to.

XD

Meh, I wanted to stay just because I liked the song :U (But Nooooooooooooo)

Oh well, maybe its on youtube? =/

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is. If you're gonna watch it, watch the one without sound, that warns of spoilers. The idiots recording in the sound on version ruin it by their own sheer stupidity.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
As for Archy's assertion that terrorists can't be that stupid. Well, the jury is still out on whether they're stupid or smart or somewhere in-between.

Well, they are smart enough not to get caught... does that count for something?

Oh, and Morello plays one of the guards.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: