Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What formation did you use? (Suikoden V)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What formation did you use?
Double Arm Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Goose Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Arrowhead Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cross Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crescent Tactic
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Hungry Wolf Tactic
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
True Men Tactic
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Arrowstance Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tiger Tactic
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Tri [Wind] Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sorcery Tactic
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Circle Tactic
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Twin [Slash] Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Striking Arrow Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quad [Lightning] Tactic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pent [Phoenix] Tactic
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Illusion Tactic
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 25

Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: What formation did you use? (Suikoden V) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just curious to see the way peope play. So what formation did you use?

Personally, I was a fan of the Crane Wing Tactic. Sometimes my characters would miss and it kind of annoyed me, so the extra points for accuracy was helpful. Also at the same time, it was easier to balance a party with 2 S, 2 M and 2L members.

Towards the end of the game though, the Illusion Tactic was my favourite. Too bad we didn't get to use it for long enough~
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the Illusion tactic ever since I got it because of its +10 all attributes but I always use the True Men tactic most of the time because of its formation attack which is super sweet. :wink:

CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used the true men tactic for almost all of the game for all playthroughs. I tried others, but that one worked out best for me.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Illusion wins easily, it was the best for pretty much all parties i've tried. Most of them are well-balanced with S,M and L-attackers/mages.

Before i had the possibility of using Illusion i mainly used Arrowhead. For the final boss i use Circle for my all-mage party.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Illusion was practically designed to be the "ultimate" formation, wasn't it?
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was very ultimate and very Vague, seeing the formation is shaped like a question mark. :wink:
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, true. I was more curious as to what people used through-out their game before they came across it.. but I suppose since the topic is already posted up. ^^;

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ardPSiKo wrote:
It was very ultimate and very Vague, seeing the formation is shaped like a question mark. :wink:

Question marks and vague... I like to think it was more of a snake shape, but I suppose thats just two people looking at something very differently. :P
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used the Crescent formation quite a bit, but then progressed to the Tiger stance. During my first couple of playthroughs I used the Circle stance a bit due to being able to put two S range people up front whereas a lot of other stances allow only one. I use Illusion in the end game like many people.

I've dabbled in Crane Wing every once in a while, but I keep going back to other stances. I may try it more, we'll see. I have tried them all at some point, but some just do not line up with how I play the game.

I never use True Men since I use some evasive characters and losing both 20 PDF and especially all my evasion doesn't go with my playing style.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't recall the name of the stances but I recall I used the one shaped like an arrow-with the spellcaster in the back middle- the most

And then occasionally switched to the almost diamond shaped one---also with the spellcaster in the back middle

Illusion stance is the one shaped like a question mark? I've never used that one.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went True Men for almost the entire game once I got it. Occasionally I'd switch to Cross or Twin Slash and sometimes Striking Arrow but for the most part I used lots of short range power houses. I don't like using magic very much in my games since I like to save it until I need it (which ends up being a waste). The True Men unite thing would almost always kill everyone I met in random encounters and what was left couldn't damage my party substantially. It complimented my play style very well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a big fan of the Circle Tactic passing by.

Man do I love that formation. Gives me that Suikoden 2 magic unit formation feeling.

LOL but indeed, i really do like the Circle formation

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used the Illusion tactic ever since I got it, but before that, I mostly used True Men. I'm a fan of powerhouses, so the attack bonus truly helped highlighting their strength, allowing for harder hits. To compensate for the penalty of the formation, I used someone like Mathias who gets three rune slots and gave him Firefly, Double-Edged and Strike-Back Runes, and watched myself smile in glee as he did the "Mow Down" skill as he countered. XD
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tiger Tactic, all the way.

The first one I used was the one that looked lie a fancier standard (3 back and 3 front, but they're not aligned), which I think was the Hungry Wolf tactic. Then I got Tiger, which suits me very well because of the formation, 1-2-1-2.

1 - Heavy Tank guy
2 - Physical Attacker/Lyon/Miakis
1 - Prince
2 - Heavy Long-Range Hitter Cathari/Powerful mage guy

I used True Men once.... in the most awesome place in S5 Nirva. Against the Pirates. I probably had Richard, Belcoot, Georg, Galleon, Prince, and one of the Girls, Miakis or Lyon. I'm not too sure, it's been a long time since I did that.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used the circle formation, because I thought that would fit my style of playing very well... erm about the illusion formation... do you get it on the way, is it hidden or do you have to something special to get it? Since so many favour it, I can't belive I never thought of it...
However, is here anybody willing to describe the effects of each formation... Just a question :mrgreen:

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: