Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Sun Rune's Transference

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: The Sun Rune's Transference Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thinking back when I last played Suikoden V, there was a moment that confused me somewhat. I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find it, if it did.

After the Godwins began their little rebellion in Sol Falena, and all the events that ensued, the prince escaped on a boat with Georg and the rest, and you saw a pillar of the Sun Rune's light shining through the sky. I assume this is the Sun Rune returning to it's bust.

However, in the cutscene of what took place in the Throne Room that you see later on, you see the Sun Rune returning to the bust there... with Georg in the room.

Might this be a plot-hole, or did something else happen. The Godwins couldn't make use of it until very late in the game, so it's unlikely they did anything, but Killey was in the room when it happened. However, I am told he was only "examining" it, but might he have done something to activate it?

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it was just an error in timing. We could be banging our heads all day trying to figure out what happened and yet it was probably just a mistake. Of course, this could be an assumption on my part.. and Konami might actually bother to explain what happened one day.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait...your confusing me a bit....Georg was never in the bust room....

But the thing with Georg suppossedly being in the throne room and with the prince when the rune returned to the bust is a bit odd....

Unless you interpret it as:
1- Georg in throne rune.
2- Sun Rune floats up into the sky.
3- Georg meets up with prince.
4- Sun Rune flies back down and returns to the bust in a great big burst of light (which is what we see in the first cutscene)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:

1- Georg in throne rune.
2- Sun Rune floats up into the sky.
3- Georg meets up with prince.
4- Sun Rune flies back down and returns to the bust in a great big burst of light (which is what we see in the first cutscene)

That's also another possible idea, maybe they just didn't show it flying up into the sky~
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that's what he's saying. You see Georg in the Throne Room with the Queen as the Sun Rune flies off to return to the bust during the cutscene when Ghalleon is retelling it. However Georg is with you in the beginning of the game getting ready to escape when it happens.

However I think the bright light you see in the beginning and then it quickly dies down right after you fight Childerich and Dolph for the first time is the death of Arshtat. Then you run into Georg shortly after that and you escape.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Sialeeds is staring out of the window before you end up fighting Dolph and Childerich. Way before Georg joins you.

I don't remember a pillar of light when the crew are escaping on a boat. Are you sure it happens then? If so, it must be something else (perhaps trying to control the power straight away?)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan wrote:
You see Georg in the Throne Room with the Queen as the Sun Rune flies off to return to the bust during the cutscene when Ghalleon is retelling it. However Georg is with you in the beginning of the game getting ready to escape when it happens.

Exactly what I meant.

I looked at the cutscene again on my PC, direct from the DVD, and it didn't reveal much. The Rune left the throne room, and you see it enter the bust. You don't see Georg after that. I can't access the video where they are escaping on boat, so I don't have that perspective.

The cutscene went fluidly from the Throne Rune to the Sealed Room, so it leads me to believe it happened at the same time. But it could still work the way Nadistu put it.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember if the red light above the sun palace is shown suddenly appearing or if it was already there when the group is escaping on the boat, but the light is there for longer than just when the Sun Rune returns. If you go back to the Sun Palace the morning after (after you leave the East Palace), the red light can still be seen.

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We were talking about this on Suikosource, although I can't find the link. I'm pretty sure the consensus was that they screwed up.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they did screw up, I would say the error lies in having the red light appear during the boat-ride escape, instead of already being there (if that isn't the case); seeing as everything would match up otherwise.

Toran Liberation Army

100000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That wasn't Georg in the room when the Sun Rune returned to it's bust, it was Killey pacing around the room. The pillar of light shot into the sky soon after the Prince regains conciousness ( if you chose to try and stay in Sol-Falena Lyon knocks you out ). Georg was on the boat with the rest of the Royal Loyalists.

I hope that clears up a little confusion?
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My question is; why does the sun rune stay in Falena? All of the other runes move around and go where they will, but the Sun rune chooses to remain in Falena and subject to the royal falenan family. For what purpose?

I hate you Onimaru.
Master McDohl

Toran Liberation Army

100000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Sun Rune is somewhat bound to the Royal Family of Falena. Due to the fact that it's able to carry out it's "duality" ( as all True Runes have ) to perfection while it's under their control.

That's one of the only reasons I can think of. All True Runes are sentient, and actually can do whatever they want at any time unless they have a master. Even then if the bearer is too weak the rune can act on it's own will.

But....hey, *shrugs*.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would suggest that the Sun Rune holds memories that are familiar to the region of Falena. There exist no reason for it to flee the area and so it remains there. Of course, the fact that the Sun Rune seems bound to the royal family must also be considered.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: