Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Choreographed Fights?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One choreographed fight which is still quite new and recent but I still see as worthy of being a favorite and one of the best has to be the fight between Jason Bourne and Blackbriar assassin, Desh. Their fight in that apartment in Tangiers was both exhilarating to watch and also quite painful to witness. I mean they used everything from a book to a towel as weapons. I think everyone in the movie theater I went to see it cheered and clapped loudly once it was over. It was that good.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...am I the only around here who actually enjoys watching the various Rocky fights? Seriously, I'm not the sort who cares too much about the artistic merit of things, I just like watching Rocky beat the crap out of people and see how you should always block punches with your head!

~Uguu!~
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
...am I the only around here who actually enjoys watching the various Rocky fights? Seriously, I'm not the sort who cares too much about the artistic merit of things, I just like watching Rocky beat the crap out of people and see how you should always block punches with your head!

As a Philly native, I love the Rocky movies. It in no way shows you how to box. He blocks maybe 3 punches in the entire series, and by accident I think. But it's just great, I love it. So, I have to agree with you SS.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm hoping War will have some good fight scenes. Jason Statham versus Jet Li should be cool.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jackie Chan is just the man, though I've really noticed much more of a transition from fighting to just crazy weird stuff, like when he slipped through that gate in Rush Hour 2; I guess he is getting old, so he can't be fighting frequently anymore. He's pretty badass in all of his movies, but I have to give the nod for best fight to the shark tank battle in First Strike. That's so badass even though the great whites are fake (you can't keep them in aquariums), and he's under for like 4 minutes at a time without taking breaths, except for the occasional hit of oxygen, then he cuts the guy who has to put his thumb in his mouth...just so dirty. I'm pretty sure that fight where he twirls the ladder up his arms is also in that movie.

Jet Li is also good. The platform fight in Fearless, the fight above the lake in Hero and when he smacks around those strange twin brothers in Kiss of the Dragon, all of it is so sweet. He also has some good small moves like Jackie Chan, and he's his successor in mainstream Asian cinema, I really respect his skills. Same with Tony Jaa, the things he does look like they hurt like hell, both him and the people he hits. I never saw all of Ong Bak, but The Protector was pretty sick. I couldn't take down an elephant.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is also wild. The fight where the Green Destiny breaks all of those weapons, the fight where Chow Yun Fat just destroys when everyone else fails, the bamboo fight...I tend to gravitate more to the martial arts movies than the boxing (or other manner of fighting) movies, I just think it films a ton better and has more options open to it.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as I thought the fight scene in Bourne Ultimatum became a favorite of mine I must say that the fight between Viggo Mortensen's Nikolai character and two Chechen gangsters in a London bathhouse in Eastern Promises has set a new standard in how to choreograph a brutal and violent fight sequence. There wasn't any fast editing or quick cuts to simulate a fast-paced fight. No, this fight scene last for just under five minutes and every detail of the fight between a Viggo who fights pretty much baked and swinging in the breeze versus two thugs wielding linoleum cutting blades. I think I winced more than once just watching it all and I know the audience did as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: